Xactly Corp. Reviews

Reset
4.7
Xactly Corp. President, Founder & CEO Christopher W. Cabrera
Christopher W. Cabrera

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, flexible hours and very helpful environment (in 8 reviews)

• Gracious, sincere and caring CEO who emulates core values (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover, heavy micro-management (in 4 reviews)

• Great work life balance which is great but would like to see people work a little harder to take the company to the next level (in 2 reviews)

1. There is a reason Xactly keeps winning the great place to work award

I have been working at Xactly Corp.

Pros

Great culture. The software is truly disruptive and changing the way that sales organizations look at incentive compensation. As such, the senior leadership primarily have sales backgrounds and they truly invested in providing compensation plans that fuel their sales team to drive the business forward.

Cons

Normal pains of a growing business. Policies evolve to reflect the evolving needs of the business and some reps have trouble dealing with that.

Advice to Management

Keep moving the business forward. Ongoing training and development is great! Beyond that, I am very happy with my experience at Xactly and I look forward to working here for years to come.

2. Amazing company!

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xactly Corp. (Less than a year)

Pros

Such a great community, you are welcomed by the whole team. Everyone wants to help you succeed along with the company itself.

Cons

Really no downsides. There are opportunities to work your way up and the everyone here is like family. No complaints at all!

3. Xactly is Awesome

Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xactly Corp.

Pros

Culture, growth, fun, professional, lax, flexible

Cons

Process, Transparency, Middle management, no office in SF

Advice to Management

Nothing

Great place to work

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

- Fun place to work - Great management - Competitive Salaries - Good benefits - Pays for education - Free meals sometimes - Challenging but rewarding - Family like environment

Cons

- Frathouse like atmosphere at times - Management can play favorites - Lack of diversity - Unachievable goals at times

Advice to Management

I would like to see management treat everybody fairly on a team. There were times I felt left out or ignored.

6. Professional Services Team

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Xactly has a very fun culture. If you're interested in getting involved, there is a lot available, be it sports or philanthropy work. The Professional Services team is practically all remote. And working from home allows for a very nice work-life balance. The flexibility is phenomenal. I love the product and the people.

Cons

Some departments seem thinly stretched, so they do seem to be working longer hours than others.

Product Team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp.

Pros

I have worked at Xactly for over six years (having originally come to the company through an acquisition). Given this history, I have a unique perspective as I came to Xactly from what was a competitor. I am also one of a small number of employees that have worked at both the San Jose and Denver offices. The bottom line? I can honestly say that I love my job and the company. Why I love my job... - Challenging: I am continuously challenged with my role. Xactly has repeatedly entrusted me to take a role that is about a half-step above my current ability while providing the guidance and training necessary to succeed. - Interesting: I often find myself using new technologies, working on new concepts, and working in various capacities. This means that my job is never boring. I spend a decent amount of my time 'heads down' designing, creating, and iterating... and, another part of my time communicating with internal teams, customers, and prospects. - Impactful: I feel as though I directly impact the success of our customers and the future of our company. Management gives me the latitude needed to succeed (and occasionally fail) on my own. I have seen my work turn up on the biggest stages (e.g. Dreamforce) and in analyst and press coverage. Nothing is cooler than that! Why I love the company... - Startup vibe w/ stability: I feel as though Xactly is in that sweet spot where it has the fun startup culture with the financial stability of a larger company. Over the past several years we've had continued and sustained growth in terms of revenue, customers, and hiring. - Core Values: While almost every company has some kind of core values, Xactly truly lives by theres. It is emblazoned on nearly everything we create... but, more importantly, it is used as a guiding light during various internal discussions (be it strategic planning or resolving an issue). - Bright Future: Xactly has the best products in the space, and they are only getting better.

Cons

I've read through several of the negative reviews on GlassDoor to see if there were common themes or threads. I've noticed a couple and I feel as though I need to offer my personal experience.... - Poor work/life balance: I will agree that Xactly expects you to work hard and is a very results oriented company. But, who would want to work for a company that didn't expect great results? With that said, I've found that I am able to deliver results while maintaining a great work/life balance. Examples of how Xactly has allowed me to have a positive work/life balance: unlimited time off, ability to work from home when needed (obviously dependent on your specific role), and flexibility on work related travel. I had my first child while working at Xactly and couldn't have been more happy with how accommodating the company was during that time. - Lack of job growth/training: Xactly has supported my career growth tremendously and rewarded me with increasing amounts of responsibility and promotions. I candidly would not have been able to progress to my current position had I left the company and tried to find the job on the open market. Xactly has paid for me to attend multiple professional trainings that directly contributes to my career growth. - Culture that is 'too fun': Xactly is a company that encourages social interaction between its employees. This manifests through various sporting leagues, races (e.g. Tough Mudder), and charitable opportunities. I agree with what several of the reviewers have said about alcohol being one aspect of this social interaction. However, in my experience, it has never felt forced or uncomfortable. The company is also very supportive of starting new initiatives... in my experience, I've seen the company put financial support behind starting trivia leagues, tutoring programs, sports leagues, etc... as such, there should truly be something for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue the proactive communication and open door policy.

8. Great Company, Great Culture, Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Xactly has been very good to me. I joined Xactly after winding down my startup and everyone here made me immediately feel right at home. It's been incredibly valuable working alongside super sharp people with a lot of experience in sales and marketing. When I joined the marketing team was about seven and it's since grown to 24. In spite of the growth the Company has managed to maintain a great culture. That's really a function of hiring the right people and locking out the "jerks". Amazing new office in Downtown San Jose is also a huge plus.

Cons

Joining a company with 300+ employees after founding a company with roughly eight was an adjustment. It took time to understand how to get things done in a functional hierarchy vs simple startup structure. Not really a negative because I used it as a learning opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on career development for your employees.

9. Great place to work. My instincts to join the team were spot on

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work/life balance - Strong leadership top to bottom - Great product. It's exciting to be part of a product that people actually love using - Xactly is a leader in their space

Cons

So far none yet but no company is perfect :)

Advice to Management

I love the transparency, keep that going. You do a great job treating your employees like they are the most valuable asset. A lot of companies say that, not many actually do it.

10. We get to call out to the CFO!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp.

Pros

It's refreshing to sell a product that actually works and adds value to a company. The motto of the sales leadership here in Denver is that as sales reps at Xactly, "We don't have to call the CFO, but we get to." Unlike sales reps at other companies who are tasked to call into the C-Suite, hoping they will give us a minute of their day, Xactly actually offers a product that not only improves the way a company does business, but also changes the way companies think about increasing revenue. CFOs want to buy it.

Cons

Growing Fast. Location in LoDo makes it tempting to be out and about at bars and baseball games.

11. Account Development Representative

Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, chance to move up quickly, great sales tools, adequate training.

Cons

Lots of outbound calls- expected to make 70 calls a day.

Advice to Management

none- good company to work for.

RSS Feed </> Embed