Xactly Corp.

Xactly Corp. Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Xactly Corp. President, Founder & CEO Christopher W. Cabrera

Christopher W. Cabrera

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, flexible hours and very helpful environment(in 7 reviews)

• The company is located right in the heart of downtown San Jose and has established powerful industry partnerships and an impressive customer base(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Top down management and micro management(in 3 reviews)

• Nothing had come on my way till now(in 3 reviews)

Love It

Corporate Sales (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFun people, amazing product and great support.

ConsCan't really think of anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Xactly: Truly a Great Place to Work

ProsSeasoned executive team, industry experts, motivational, authentic leaders
    Gracious, sincere and caring CEO who emulates core values
    Senior staff is approachable and personable
    Polished managers empower employees to meet and exceed expectations -- These managers also promote the necessity of maintaining a healthy work/life balance
    Inspiring culture focused on helping customers succeed as well as serving the community through volunteerism, which is strongly encouraged by the CEO and senior leadership.
    "A players" who know how to get things done without drama or politics. Success is celebrated -- obstacles are transformed into opportunities for learning that create new possibilities to achieve and win.
    People at Xactly are respectful of one another, accountable and a strong sense of camaraderie exists

ConsEnd of month cupcakes are hard to resist

Advice to Senior ManagementShare how to build a great company with others!

Xactly Corp. CEO responded to this review

Jun 12, 2014

Thanks for the feedback!

Great Place to Work

Director, Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsXactly takes its mission to heart: Inspiring performance in ways that treat professionals like people first. The company has a fantastic SaaS offering, great management, and work-life flexibility. The CEO is an incredible visionary, and very personal.

ConsThe pace is fast, since it's a startup environment. And the company is definitely in the process of refining and formalizing some of its processes --- but that's expected.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Proud to work for this great company

ProsProud of our culture and especially our Corporate core values. They permeate from the CEO down. Love our product. It's cutting edge, relevant and it provides our customers real value! It's nice to have a product that SELLS! Also love the career path and willingness to promote from within.

ConsNeed to hire more people to handle our growth!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Continue to stress the corporate values and work/life balance for all employees.

A little company trying (but not succeeding) at being a major player

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMostly nice people except CEO

ConsCEO runs hot and cold and you never know whether he is going to yell (as he frequently does)

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in better senior leadership

Great people working together to sell a great product

Account Executive (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsCompanies core values of Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence are lived every day at all levels of the company. Great energy in the Denver office. High expectations for all, and low performers don't last long. Top performers move up in the organization

ConsNone that I can come up with now. For the sales people, being comfortable and effective in prospecting/cold calling is essential for success. The company is very number focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. The company is growing a lot but hasn't lost focus on it's core values.

Some of the best people I've worked around, solid culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Pros- Great peer group at multiple levels of the company.
    - Everybody wants to work together, not a lot of egos which helps achieve goals faster.
    - Driven leadership, I get to be myself and that helps me to perform.
    - It's a fun place, and they continue to hire culture positives.

ConsSome departments are challenging to work with, and focus on the present sometimes overrides a better future/vision, as well as sets back progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee cons, double down on critical resources.

Good company, good company for sales....territory inequity

ProsGood market and position in it. Many new competitors are showing up and losing to Xactly which is a sign of the market demand and strength.

ConsPlease see advice to mgmt

Advice to Senior ManagementEven out the territories. I can only hear "quota is the great equalizer" so many times without any action or meaningful quota adjustment. The reality is that the bay area is contains the greatest population of tech companies, our hottest vertical, and the reps there are ALWAYS on top. Don't dismiss it, for the smaller teams go back and look at reps of the quarter.

Xactly Corp. CEO responded to this review

Jun 12, 2014

Thanks for the feedback. Quota setting is always a difficult problem. We will be using our own software soon to manage quotas!

Fast moving, but cliquish company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStill has a small company, entrepreneurial feel. You can get things done fast.
    Positive working environment.
    Very interested in employee feedback.
    Good place to develop a sales career since they tend to deal with smaller and mid-sized companies.

ConsCliquish environment. You'll do well if you like networking in an alcohol-fueled, frat-guy type environment. People in the right group tend to get promoted quickly.

Great company to work for!

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsLots of fun- great perks

ConsCan be tough working in Denver with little access to Execs

Worked for Xactly Corp.? Contribute to the Community!