Xactly Corp. Reviews

80 reviews filtered by
4.6
Xactly Corp. President, Founder & CEO Christopher W. Cabrera
Christopher W. Cabrera

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, flexible hours and very helpful environment (in 8 reviews)

• The company is located right in the heart of downtown San Jose and has established powerful industry partnerships and an impressive customer base (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover, heavy micro-management (in 4 reviews)

• Nothing had come on my way till now (in 3 reviews)

1. Product Team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp.

Pros

I have worked at Xactly for over six years (having originally come to the company through an acquisition). Given this history, I have a unique perspective as I came to Xactly from what was a competitor. I am also one of a small number of employees that have worked at both the San Jose and Denver offices.

The bottom line? I can honestly say that I love my job and the company.

Why I love my job...
    - Challenging: I am continuously challenged with my role. Xactly has repeatedly entrusted me to take a role that is about a half-step above my current ability while providing the guidance and training necessary to succeed.

- Interesting: I often find myself using new technologies, working on new concepts, and working in various capacities. This means that my job is never boring. I spend a decent amount of my time 'heads down' designing, creating, and iterating... and, another part of my time communicating with internal teams, customers, and prospects.

- Impactful: I feel as though I directly impact the success of our customers and the future of our company. Management gives me the latitude needed to succeed (and occasionally fail) on my own. I have seen my work turn up on the biggest stages (e.g. Dreamforce) and in analyst and press coverage. Nothing is cooler than that!

Why I love the company...
    - Startup vibe w/ stability: I feel as though Xactly is in that sweet spot where it has the fun startup culture with the financial stability of a larger company. Over the past several years we've had continued and sustained growth in terms of revenue, customers, and hiring.

- Core Values: While almost every company has some kind of core values, Xactly truly lives by theres. It is emblazoned on nearly everything we create... but, more importantly, it is used as a guiding light during various internal discussions (be it strategic planning or resolving an issue).

- Bright Future: Xactly has the best products in the space, and they are only getting better.

Cons

I've read through several of the negative reviews on GlassDoor to see if there were common themes or threads. I've noticed a couple and I feel as though I need to offer my personal experience....

- Poor work/life balance: I will agree that Xactly expects you to work hard and is a very results oriented company. But, who would want to work for a company that didn't expect great results? With that said, I've found that I am able to deliver results while maintaining a great work/life balance. Examples of how Xactly has allowed me to have a positive work/life balance: unlimited time off, ability to work from home when needed (obviously dependent on your specific role), and flexibility on work related travel. I had my first child while working at Xactly and couldn't have been more happy with how accommodating the company was during that time.

- Lack of job growth/training: Xactly has supported my career growth tremendously and rewarded me with increasing amounts of responsibility and promotions. I candidly would not have been able to progress to my current position had I left the company and tried to find the job on the open market. Xactly has paid for me to attend multiple professional trainings that directly contributes to my career growth.

- Culture that is 'too fun': Xactly is a company that encourages social interaction between its employees. This manifests through various sporting leagues, races (e.g. Tough Mudder), and charitable opportunities. I agree with what several of the reviewers have said about alcohol being one aspect of this social interaction. However, in my experience, it has never felt forced or uncomfortable. The company is also very supportive of starting new initiatives... in my experience, I've seen the company put financial support behind starting trivia leagues, tutoring programs, sports leagues, etc... as such, there should truly be something for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue the proactive communication and open door policy.

2. Great Company, Great Culture, Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Xactly has been very good to me. I joined Xactly after winding down my startup and everyone here made me immediately feel right at home. It's been incredibly valuable working alongside super sharp people with a lot of experience in sales and marketing. When I joined the marketing team was about seven and it's since grown to 24. In spite of the growth the Company has managed to maintain a great culture. That's really a function of hiring the right people and locking out the "jerks". Amazing new office in Downtown San Jose is also a huge plus.

Cons

Joining a company with 300+ employees after founding a company with roughly eight was an adjustment. It took time to understand how to get things done in a functional hierarchy vs simple startup structure. Not really a negative because I used it as a learning opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on career development for your employees.

3. Great place to work. My instincts to join the team were spot on

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work/life balance
    - Strong leadership top to bottom
    - Great product. It's exciting to be part of a product that people actually love using
    - Xactly is a leader in their space

Cons

So far none yet but no company is perfect :)

Advice to Management

I love the transparency, keep that going. You do a great job treating your employees like they are the most valuable asset. A lot of companies say that, not many actually do it.

5. We get to call out to the CFO!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp.

Pros

It's refreshing to sell a product that actually works and adds value to a company. The motto of the sales leadership here in Denver is that as sales reps at Xactly, "We don't have to call the CFO, but we get to." Unlike sales reps at other companies who are tasked to call into the C-Suite, hoping they will give us a minute of their day, Xactly actually offers a product that not only improves the way a company does business, but also changes the way companies think about increasing revenue. CFOs want to buy it.

Cons

Growing Fast. Location in LoDo makes it tempting to be out and about at bars and baseball games.

6. Account Development Representative

Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, chance to move up quickly, great sales tools, adequate training.

Cons

Lots of outbound calls- expected to make 70 calls a day.

Advice to Management

none- good company to work for.

7. The BEST place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fantastic leadership team
    -Funny, inspiring, no-BS, CEO
    -management is excellent, truly concerned with success of hires
    -great product, space, companies have a genuine NEED for the solution
    -amazing co workers and culture
    -great work life balance
    -good coaching

Cons

-sometimes it seems that the go to market strategy with new products is off
    -sales floor lacks the "buzz" you often see at high growth/potential companies like Xactly
    -they are VERY picky about who they hire, take the interview seriously if you're going to stand a chance

Advice to Management

Whatever you are doing, keep it up, Xactly is a fantastic place to work, learn & grow

8. Great Company, exceptional culture, and a stellar product.

Former Employee - Corporate Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Xactly Corp.

Pros

-Company culture
    -Good benefits
    -good pay
    -I love working in downtown San Jose (especially since I live in SJ)
    -Good work/life balance

Cons

Need Better communication with employees.

No "Team" in teamwork

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

Good engineers with can do attitude. Generally enthusiastic people (sales, marketing). Good customer support team.

Cons

Lonely place to work, people very unwilling to answer questions to help (esp in product management, a lot of attitude). You need to love beer, baseball, gaming to have some sort of a common ground with most people at company. Predefined notions of folks hard to change esp in senior management.

Advice to Management

Favoritism is no way to run a company if it gets in the way of good business sense.

10. Top performers are treated as such!

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New location in downtown San Jose complete with kitchen and an area to eat with friends;
    Competitive medical/dental plans, vacation/sick time is very accommodating;
    Top performers are treated as such w.r.t. compensation;
    One-week, on-site boot camp plus company-paid add-on training;
    Tuition reimbursement & president's club are amazing

Cons

Some of the customer-facing teams are very inexperienced;
    Vertical movement is restricted unless you are based out of the home office in San Jose

Advice to Management

Fantastic company! Sometimes I wish I never left...

11. Great growing company to get in with

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

Great company and product! Young, energetic sales office (Denver) with great people. They host a lot of fun social events (happy hours, massages, SPIFs, President's Club, Kegerator, etc) Executives have a great vision and the product is excellent. A lot resources available you just have to be assertive and look for help when you need it.

Cons

Training is inconsistent and needs some work. There's a multitude of tools available but little training on what and how to use. Denver office is in a great location but the aesthetics are unimpressive. They need a designer in there, as it doesn't exude a industry leading / cutting edge feel for prospective clients or new hires. If you're in sales you're going to work a lot.