Xactware

www.xactware.com

Xactware Reviews in Provo, UT

Updated Apr 29, 2014
Xactware – Orem – “A foggy February view of the main Xactware…”

Jim Loveland

26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I enjoy working here...I just wish some things would change - most notably, pay.

(Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsGood work-life balance, friendly co-workers, great environment, fun activities, good benefits, good bonuses

ConsLow salaries, entrenched (even if inept) management, bureaucratic processes, difficult to advance (largely due to entrenched managers)

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more growth opportunities and increase base salaries across the board for positions in need to be more in line with the industry - these things would go far in helping with the recruiting and retaining of employees. Also, please do not be afraid to get rid of employees who deserve it, regardless of management title or not.

Overall a nice place to work and start your career, but limited in long term growth opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsFamily environment, stable company, great health benefits, fun summer and holiday parties. flat organizational structure, market leader for property claims estimating, fun and engaging employee activities.

ConsArrogant executive management, not much opportunity for career progression, starting to lose customers now that a viable competitor exists, chaotic product releases that are not ready for production but are pushed through and rushed before they are ready simply to meet deadlines and make announcements at February user conference.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the humble approach that originally endeared Xactware to its customers and its customer service oriented approach. Many employees are leaving or looking to leave due to the glass ceiling that exists at Xactware unless you are a personal friend, relative, or live in Alpine, UT

Decent place to work

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsRelaxed atmosphere. Good bonus every March. Coworkers are friendly. Management takes a hands-off approach and lets you do your job (as long as you do it well). Benefits are good and management is very flexible with time-off requests.

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement - at least in my area. Management and HR are too nice and have a very hard time correcting/firing people that are useless.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsTerrific Health Benefits, competitive salary, and great culture! The Human Resources staff is really great and there is always someone that can help you! The company is expanding every quarter and new employees are being hired to increase production, as opposed to other companies that just put the burden on employees.

ConsTeam leads and middle managers aren't really on par with what they should be I've worked in two different departments and I've never been impressed. AVP's and Project managers are terrific though!

Advice to Senior ManagementReally think about who you are hiring for team leads, I'm not sure if it's based on merit or seniority, but that is really the only problem.

Awesome place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsGreat salary, stable job, great employees

ConsA little too bureaucratic for my liking

Advice to Senior ManagementGive developers more of a say on product deadlines, etc...

Kronyism and nepotism run rampant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orem, UT

ProsGreat team environment, great products and services, industry leader, strong financials.

ConsLimited upward mobility, unless of course, you're family, churchmembers or friends of the executive team. Senior leadership doesn't practice what it preaches. Discriminatory environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're operating on the national / international stage now - get with the program and act like the fortune company you aspire to be.

Okay place to start a career under certain conditions

Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) Orem, UT

Pros-Friendly co-workers
    -Supervisors willing to listen to feedback
    -Executive management very focused on the future
    -Employees generally seem to be happy to be there

Cons-Entrenched management
    -Antiquated businesses processes
    -Not as respectful to employee needs as other employers
    -The company seems to put the increase in business before taking care of the customer and employees

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously listen to ideas from anywhere in the company and ACT!

Good benefits. Good culture. Good experience.

Software Developer (Former Employee) Orem, UT

ProsGreat culture. Good benefits. Good experience.

ConsSome of the current processes.

Love working for this company

Web Developer (Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsGreat atmosphere, wonderful people to work with, very understanding about life out of work (work hard/play hard), great culture that pushes employees to be well rounded not just in their job but in life (healthy employee summer activities, lots of volunteer opportunities, team lunches and events, etc), opportunities to continue education, very stable company that has only grown tremendously during this recent recession

ConsBase salary seems low, but if you take annual bonuses and additional benefits (excellent health insurance, 401K match, etc) it is actually pretty competitive. Not always a lot of vertical room for career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote inter-department collaboration. There seems to be a lot we can each learn from each other, but the communication between departments borders on terrible sometimes and it seems like there is a lot of duplicate work done.

Great culture great to the employees!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orem, UT

ProsGreat culture and yearly bonuses and raises are great. There is a lot of opportunity for growth in the company if you're interested in software development. They have lots of perks for the employees as well, like catered breakfasts, lunches, and a summer and Christmas party.

ConsMiddle Management is kind of hit and miss. Some are great, while others don't communicate well. The business is dependent on natural disasters, so in years where there are few, the company suffers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees more. Sometimes certain employees don't get information till the last minute, or at all because things aren't communicated properly.

Worked for Xactware? Contribute to the Community!