Xactware
www.xactware.com Orem, UT 500 to 999 Employees

Xactware Reviews

Updated May 30, 2014
Xactware – Orem – “A foggy February view of the main Xactware…”

Jim Loveland

Great Company to work for with a strong family-friendly culture.

ProsCompensation and benefits are good. Summer sports and team-building activities are very enjoyable. My department has a pretty good working environment and relationships between Mgmt. Dev and QA.

ConsGetting to be a large company. Can get lost in the crowd. Not a whole lot of cross department communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps more visibility. Lunches with executives have been really great in the past, but have seemed to taper off as of late.

A good place to work

ProsGreat people to work with, lots of opportunity. Management is willing to give you the tools you need to get the job done and help you to get to the place you want to be. Stable company that is growing.

ConsPromotions and changes take a long time to implement. The company focus on the needs of a few instead of listening to the bulk of the company, which results in boring company parties.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your staff and be open to change and new ideas.

Enjoyed my time there...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Orem, UT

ProsReally enjoyed my time there. The people became like a family. The company still tries to hold on to it's family business roots (not always successfully). Compensation can be competitive if you are willing to fight for it. Bonuses are great.

ConsStruggled with balancing growth. Politics can be a bit of a problem. Sometimes management can get stuck in "the way it has been done" without exploring new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to be like an insurance company and accept that you are a software company. There are several other employment opportunities in the area with a much more relaxed atmosphere that can lend to higher moral.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A business that has a promising future

Sketch Developer (Former Employee)
    Orem, UT

ProsThe company is a growing business and is going places. They do take care of their employees with frequent activities within the business.

ConsIt is hard to get days off. Also you do the same thing over and over.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the little guys in mind when making big company decisions.

Very good experience other than the video interview

IT Related (Current Employee)
    Orem, UT

ProsEveryone here works very well with one another and there is room for personal advancement within the department and also within the company's atmosphere for promotions.

ConsCan't really think of problems that are outstanding at this time as I'm a virtually new employee there. Try me back in a few years and I'll tell you some more.

Large difference between departments

Internet Applications Developer (Current Employee)
    Lehi, UT

ProsIn current department: New Technology, opinion matters, great people.
    Last department: Great People.

ConsCurrent department: Not much bad.
    Last department: Spaghetti code, no real desire to make it better, just shove in new features, opinion not really considered.
    Overall: Upper management seems to switch between focusing on revenue (read hurry up) and Quality (read customers got upset) too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep commitment balanced between quality and revenue to keep customers and devs happy.

Excellent place to start

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Lehi, UT

ProsThe environment is great. The people are great. Right off the bat they gave me a great offer, which was one that I had "requested" by mistake. They met all my financial expectations. They have great flexibility with schedules and are very understanding about life outside of work so long as you leave your life outside of work.

ConsPoor training and management. If you like figuring out what to do on your own, this is a pro. There is very little direction beyond "we need to do better." Management is too busy putting out fires to actually manage a team and give useful feedback. In fear of offending individuals, personal feedback is often given in the form of generic statements to the entire team, leaving everyone to wonder if they need to make any changes personally.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate more and learn to keep your schedules open so you can manage and mentor your teams. If you're the only one that can do what you do, then you're not doing your job.

Starts great, goes downhill from there.

(Current Employee)

ProsPeople working here are great. Lots of employee activities. Salary starts decent but is heavily based on non-guaranteed bonus.

ConsA lot of management is inept. No real room to advance unless you have connections or suck up. A lot of turnover in departments where good employees are getting frustrated. Hard to know what is expected of you. You can work really hard for years to watch promotions and acknowledgement go to whoever took your credit for your work. Company succeeds on the super hard work of the lower employees. You have to document everything because upper levels are always looking for someone to blame. Some employees have to record conversations and get everything on paper.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to get rid of the managers everyone knows are bad (other managers often talk down on the bad ones so they have to know who isn't good). Stop promoting incompetent employees because you'll never be able to keep your competent ones. Open door policy is kind of a farce. If you speak your mind it will hurt you and everyone just stays quiet in fear of their jobs.

Working for a company with execs that don't care

Programmer (Current Employee)
    Orem, UT

ProsThe pay is mediocre and the benefits are pretty standard.

They are getting a shiny new building with lots of space.

Consit is frustrating dealing with the politics at a company that doesn't actually care about what happens as long as the individuals come out on top.

This company has a high need for CYA. make sure all communications are documented through email. Document everything with meticulous detail. plan out your every word.

Advice to Senior Managementchange it all.

Pretty good

Internet Applications Developer (Current Employee)
    Orem, UT

ProsImmediate management is amazing. Upper management is really good. Corporate/Parent Company is okay I guess.

Consopportunity for advancement. But partly to do with being a great place to work so there isn't a lot of turnover.

Worked for Xactware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xactware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Xactware CEO Jim Loveland. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Xactware employees.