Xactware Solutions

Updated October 22, 2014
3.4

Xactware Solutions President & CEO Jim Loveland
Jim Loveland

A great company to work for especiall if you want some enterprise level experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at Xactware Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They are great at work life balance and making sure your family is a priority. Good potential to move up within the company. Good benefits. Some great developers and managers

Cons

There is a lot of wasted time when working between departments and some unnecessary meetings. They work with many insurance companies and large corporations and have a hard time changing when needed and are ran like a lot of bigger enterprise companies.

Listen to the employees more and not just to upper management

stable company to work for

I have been working at Xactware Solutions

Pros

casual attire, family oriented, great benefits and bonuses, growing and stable company to work for, fun environment and great coworkers if you get lucky to be in the good departments

Cons

has some departments that are toxic and has lots of politics, dev and qa pay are mostly under Utah average, christmas party and summer party gets worse each year after 2011, not a lot of growth opportunities atleast in the dev and qa positions

do some cleanup in your management people especially those in the toxic departments

Ok company, but doesn't quite get it

Current Employee - Internet Applications Developer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Internet Applications Developer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good, they seem to be on par or better than most around here. The PTO seems to be a bit higher than most starting around 19 days and going up from there. The department I work in is laid back, we almost never work overtime and only work late on the quarterly release night. There are opportunities to do your own thing and learn new things, most departments have budgets for training and conferences.

Cons

Executive management likes to tell departments what to do, and when the department tells Management it's a bad idea because it will take too much time or just won't work the way Management thinks it will, they threaten to fire you and find someone else to be their "yes" man. Luckily this doesn't happen too often but it does happen. The parent company, Verisk, is pretty good, they haven't ever interfered and seem to be fine facilitating instead of dictating.
    If you are fine sitting in the same chair doing the same job for 10 years then ignore this, if not realize that it takes about that long to have an opportunity to move up. There are very few opportunities to move up or around and it seems like they discourage interdepartmental hiring.
    Finally, you are in the dark about everything until the last minute. Information isn't shared, it's hoarded. We found out we were moving to Lehi after all the deals were in place so there was no opportunities for employee's to voice any opinions and that seems to be a trend. Regular employee's find out important information after deals have been signed. For some reason Management doesn't trust anyone.

Trust your employees, be more open, we signed the NDA's so treat us like it.
    Listen to middle management and your front line employees when we say it's a bad idea be more open to discuss it instead of making threats.
    Move into the 21st century, work isn't done at a desk 8 hours a day 5 days a week anymore. Let people have the flexible schedules they want, hire good people, trust them, and they will help make you and the company successful, make the good people angry or annoyed and they will leave and help someone else be successful.

Rewarded for hard work and serving customer first

I have been working at Xactware Solutions

Pros

PTO, Work Activities, Salary, Bonuses, Positive Environment, Provided UTA passes to all employees

Cons

Training, Location, Promotions take significant amount of time to process and approve by upper management.

Politics, politics, politics

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent mobile development team and web services team.

Cons

Executives don't care about employees.
    Upper Management doesn't understand the technology or services they are supposed to be representing to clients.

Shape up or ship out

Great Company to work for with a strong family-friendly culture.

I have been working at Xactware Solutions

Pros

Compensation and benefits are good. Summer sports and team-building activities are very enjoyable. My department has a pretty good working environment and relationships between Mgmt. Dev and QA.

Cons

Getting to be a large company. Can get lost in the crowd. Not a whole lot of cross department communication.

Perhaps more visibility. Lunches with executives have been really great in the past, but have seemed to taper off as of late.

A good place to work

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, lots of opportunity. Management is willing to give you the tools you need to get the job done and help you to get to the place you want to be. Stable company that is growing.

Cons

Promotions and changes take a long time to implement. The company focus on the needs of a few instead of listening to the bulk of the company, which results in boring company parties.

Know your staff and be open to change and new ideas.

Enjoyed my time there...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Xactware Solutions full-time

Pros

Really enjoyed my time there. The people became like a family. The company still tries to hold on to it's family business roots (not always successfully). Compensation can be competitive if you are willing to fight for it. Bonuses are great.

Cons

Struggled with balancing growth. Politics can be a bit of a problem. Sometimes management can get stuck in "the way it has been done" without exploring new ideas.

Stop trying to be like an insurance company and accept that you are a software company. There are several other employment opportunities in the area with a much more relaxed atmosphere that can lend to higher moral.

Very good experience other than the video interview

Current Employee - IT Related in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - IT Related in Orem, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone here works very well with one another and there is room for personal advancement within the department and also within the company's atmosphere for promotions.

Cons

Can't really think of problems that are outstanding at this time as I'm a virtually new employee there. Try me back in a few years and I'll tell you some more.

A business that has a promising future

Former Employee - Sketch Developer in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Sketch Developer in Orem, UT

I worked at Xactware Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is a growing business and is going places. They do take care of their employees with frequent activities within the business.

Cons

It is hard to get days off. Also you do the same thing over and over.

Keep the little guys in mind when making big company decisions.

Xactware Solutions Photos

A foggy February view of the main Xactware building at night

+ Add Photo