Xactware Solutions

Updated January 21, 2015
3.6

Xactware Solutions President & CEO Jim Loveland
Jim Loveland

I am pretty satisfied with my job.

Current Employee - Support Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Support Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a nice atmosphere in which to work. The upper management cares well for their employees and seems to strive to make working here as enjoyable as possible. The new building is way nice!

Cons

Starting in a Support role is pretty lame. They hire through a contract-to-hire agency and that process really sets you back on ability to advance.

Hire support staff internally and stop using the contract-to-hire agency. I feel some of the turn-over in support is simply due to this fact.

Great Company, however, I allowed them to take advantage of me, which they did happily.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Excellent benifits including transportation, Health and Dental, a gym, 401k matching, etc. People are very kind, and i remember my sister (who was temping for the company for a few months) got a flat tire in the parking lot. By the time she called me and i got where she was pulled over, i found our CEO laying in the dirt trying to get the jack in the right position. It's very casual, and most schedules are flexible. I could come in at 6 am and leave at 3pm or come in at 10am and leave at 7pm without notifying anyone.

Cons

For a long time, there were no cons. However, i applied for a promotion and was denied in spite of performing similar responsibilities the whole time i was working for them. Two days later, i was given responsibilities from that position. When i brought it up with my bosses, they made excuses.

Compensate your employees for the work they actually do. not based on their title or previous work experience. Also, stop with the office politics. I had my title changed a few times for no other reason than politics.

Here for the Long Haul

Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions

Pros

Most helpful and friendly work environment I've ever been in. I feel like my opinion and work is really valued and appreciated. I know my boss would fight for me if I ever needed it. The executives are great and take time to listen to the employees and their needs. There are many programs put in place to foster good morale. Great work-life balance!

Cons

I'm very happy with this company, but if I had to find a con it would be having to deal with a parent company creates extra steps in some of our processes. They are also a great company, so there are rarely major hiccups, but there are still some added challenges. Our parent company, Verisk Analytics, has brought a lot of great things to Xactware as well so it's just a give and take.

I'd love to see an option for condensed work weeks

Good place to work with good benefits & casual atmosphere

Current Employee - QA Analyst
    Current Employee - QA Analyst

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to work on good products and there isn't an issue with micro management. Summer activities weekly, gym on campus, free front runner pass. Brand new building. Growing company with opportunities for advancement

Cons

Sometimes Lack of communication between departments and or co workers.

stable company to work for

I have been working at Xactware Solutions

Pros

casual attire, family oriented, great benefits and bonuses, growing and stable company to work for, fun environment and great coworkers if you get lucky to be in the good departments

Cons

has some departments that are toxic and has lots of politics, dev and qa pay are mostly under Utah average, christmas party and summer party gets worse each year after 2011, not a lot of growth opportunities atleast in the dev and qa positions

do some cleanup in your management people especially those in the toxic departments

A great company to work for especiall if you want some enterprise level experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at Xactware Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They are great at work life balance and making sure your family is a priority. Good potential to move up within the company. Good benefits. Some great developers and managers

Cons

There is a lot of wasted time when working between departments and some unnecessary meetings. They work with many insurance companies and large corporations and have a hard time changing when needed and are ran like a lot of bigger enterprise companies.

Listen to the employees more and not just to upper management

Ok company, but doesn't quite get it

Current Employee - Internet Applications Developer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Internet Applications Developer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good, they seem to be on par or better than most around here. The PTO seems to be a bit higher than most starting around 19 days and going up from there. The department I work in is laid back, we almost never work overtime and only work late on the quarterly release night. There are opportunities to do your own thing and learn new things, most departments have budgets for training and conferences.

Cons

Executive management likes to tell departments what to do, and when the department tells Management it's a bad idea because it will take too much time or just won't work the way Management thinks it will, they threaten to fire you and find someone else to be their "yes" man. Luckily this doesn't happen too often but it does happen. The parent company, Verisk, is pretty good, they haven't ever interfered and seem to be fine facilitating instead of dictating.
    If you are fine sitting in the same chair doing the same job for 10 years then ignore this, if not realize that it takes about that long to have an opportunity to move up. There are very few opportunities to move up or around and it seems like they discourage interdepartmental hiring.
    Finally, you are in the dark about everything until the last minute. Information isn't shared, it's hoarded. We found out we were moving to Lehi after all the deals were in place so there was no opportunities for employee's to voice any opinions and that seems to be a trend. Regular employee's find out important information after deals have been signed. For some reason Management doesn't trust anyone.

Trust your employees, be more open, we signed the NDA's so treat us like it.
    Listen to middle management and your front line employees when we say it's a bad idea be more open to discuss it instead of making threats.
    Move into the 21st century, work isn't done at a desk 8 hours a day 5 days a week anymore. Let people have the flexible schedules they want, hire good people, trust them, and they will help make you and the company successful, make the good people angry or annoyed and they will leave and help someone else be successful.

Rewarded for hard work and serving customer first

I have been working at Xactware Solutions

Pros

PTO, Work Activities, Salary, Bonuses, Positive Environment, Provided UTA passes to all employees

Cons

Training, Location, Promotions take significant amount of time to process and approve by upper management.

Politics, politics, politics

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent mobile development team and web services team.

Cons

Executives don't care about employees.
    Upper Management doesn't understand the technology or services they are supposed to be representing to clients.

Shape up or ship out

Great Company to work for with a strong family-friendly culture.

I have been working at Xactware Solutions

Pros

Compensation and benefits are good. Summer sports and team-building activities are very enjoyable. My department has a pretty good working environment and relationships between Mgmt. Dev and QA.

Cons

Getting to be a large company. Can get lost in the crowd. Not a whole lot of cross department communication.

Perhaps more visibility. Lunches with executives have been really great in the past, but have seemed to taper off as of late.

Xactware Solutions Photos

A foggy February view of the main Xactware building at night

+ Add Photo