Xamarin Reviews

Nat Friedman

1. I Couldn't Have Asked For A Better Internship

Current Intern - Mobile Testing in Boston, MA
    Current Intern - Mobile Testing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Xamarin as an intern

Pros

I've been really happy here! As an intern I get to work alongside the full time employees working on actual major projects, and there's never a dull moment. Pay is fantastic, far exceeding my peers in terms of intern pay (but completely appropriate for the area), there's excellent encouragement to maintain a work-life balance, and the professional approach to vacation time and general expectations of progress from management have made this hands down the best working experience I've had.

Cons

I don't have much to say here. The job has been great and I keep finding myself wanting to jump back to work off hours so I can get a leg up on work in the morning. Sometimes people are a bit closer than is professional, but never in a way that has impeded my own nor the company's work at large and certainly not one to incite drama.

Everyone keep on doing what you're doing, because it's proving a very successful approach to hiring and management.

2. Challenging and satisfying work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Xamarin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great group of people. Fantastic culture. Very supportive co-workers and management. Opportunity to work with customers large and small to help them solve their mobile challenges. Continual investment and improvement in product, business processes and ecosystem. People are happy here and it shows.

Cons

Pace is demanding and won't be a good fit for many.

Keep maintaining a high-level of visibility and communication.

3. A great place to work

I have been working at Xamarin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great exec team full of sane, smart, down-to-earth leadership. Some brilliant engineers, you will learn a lot here. Relatively diverse for a tech company. Lots of opportunities to grow, and small enough that your contributions still matter. Flexible schedule and excellent benefits.

Cons

Lots of growing pains. Rapid growth mean that it's a different company every month, making it hard to maintain the company values that make this a great place to work. Huge culture differences between working in SF, Boston, or remote (if you can, choose SF). Work/life balance can be tough but doable in a demanding startup environment.

Don't lose your commitment to taking care of the employees as the company gets bigger. We have a great product because people love working here.

5. Xamarin was an awesome great to be an intern!

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Xamarin as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great office, nice people, great compensation and benefits, cool product

Cons

Not incredible hourly pay, probably not the most "fun" company but they do have a lots of events and meals and whatnot.

Blown Away by Xamarin

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Xamarin full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Besides having a killer product, I could not be more pleased with the day-to-day life around the office. I'm relatively new to the company, but I've been here long enough to be able to confidently say that I love working here. I can only assume that they have a checklist of specific qualities they look for in potential employees, because everyone in the office seems to be on the exact same page especially as far as passion/enthusiasm for the company is concerned. Also, literally everyone gets along and people have made genuine efforts to help me get more acclimated to the product as well as the company culture - which I could go on for hours about but I'll try to be brief.

Maybe the most underrated aspect of this company is that the higher-ups and company vets use positive reinforcement to promote hard work. It's not the threat of losing your job or being embarrassed that motivates people at our office, we are showered with praise and recognition whenever we succeed instead of being chewed out for failures. I want to work hard and succeed because I know that I'll be helping the company - a sentiment that I'm sure my co-workers share. It's a selfless environment - everyone acts according to what's best for the company, not themselves or their careers. There's room to move up and versatility is highly encouraged. Everyone around the office has knowledge beyond what their expected to know for their position and everyone is constantly collaborating. Even as a new employee in a lower level position, I talk to the SVP of Sales every day and the CEO is always moving around the office, talking to employees, checking in on deals in the works, looking for and taking in advice at every turn, etc.

Overall awesome experience so far and I have no reason to suspect that to change any time in the near future.

Cons

As a start-up the structure is always in flux - I've had a decent amount of managerial changes so far already. Also, company roles and daily tasks are always changing, which isn't always a bad thing but for sake of consistency it can be a little disorienting. Otherwise, no complaints :)

Keep up the good work!

Great product, great team. There is a real culture here.

I have been working at Xamarin full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Culture is solid. I interact with 50+ different employees about work daily, and I enjoy dealing with each and every one of them. Pretty rare. Plus it's the best mobile app dev and testing platform available, so it's a straightforward value proposition to customers who have C# developers and value native quality apps.

Cons

Plan on being in the office. It's still a startup so no regular working from home (just if you need it). But that's probably why the culture is so strong.

Keep up the great work.

Dream employment

I have been working at Xamarin full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A high growth, fast paced and exciting place. Xamarin takes extra effort to ensure employees are happy and it really makes coming to work everyday amazing. The platform is incredible and it's a pleasure working among bright people. I learn something new everyday.

Cons

If you're unwilling to work extra hours to get the job done, you will find yourself doing so here!

High energy company full of employees excited to be working and want to create an amazing product.

Current Employee - Customer Success Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Xamarin full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly team, excellent benefits, really booming technology. It is honestly a dream for someone willing to take a risk on new technology. The management is really open and interactive with the team.

Cons

San Francisco is expensive. There is inherent risk in working for a start up. Definitely not for everyone.

Stay open and honest with your employees. You are creating something special here.

Xamarin Photos

The lovely view from the Xamarin Boston office: the Boston Common and Public Gardens

+ Add Photo