Xcel Solutions Corp Reviews

1. Independent consultants beware

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Matawan, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Matawan, NJ

I worked at Xcel Solutions Corp

Pros

I believe that this company would be an ideal organization for IT graduates to consider as an entry-level technician looking for experience over integrity. They provide a range of technical and functional opportunities for both US citizens and HI visa holders. They are located in the greater NY / NJ area, with offices in Mexico and the Philippines. The office staff is helpful and courteous. the sales staff are also very impressive.

Cons

Company does not honor consultant contracts, seems to be unwilling or unable to pay receivables in agreed-upon time frame. There is a lack of direction when starting a project, many changes in direction which waste time and resources both for the project staff and the client.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that senior mgt be much more pro-active in planning the work and communicating needs and requirements to staff.

2. Do Not work there

I worked at Xcel Solutions Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owner being unprofessional, he often put us all in situations where we had to perform tasks for which we were not qualified. I learned alot working there that i would not have learned working in a big company where everything was structured.

Cons

The owner is dishonest. I worked there for two years and he abuses of the fact that his staff are on H1B visa. We worked weekends till 4:00am sometimes because of unrealistic expectations that he sets to clients. At one time our paychecks bounced, and we had to take 15% paycuts, sometimes we went on for two months without pay. The owner made some his staff sign contracts that they have to work for him for x number of years in return for his sponsorship for H1B (which is illegal). When some of the staff resigned due to the many bad conditions, he tried to sue them. I was shocked to see a member who worked very hard to make the company stand on its feet being sued as well. He violated many labor laws, and the fact that DOL has not shut him down yet is beyond me!