Xcelerate Solutions

Updated December 19, 2014
Updated December 19, 2014
4.1

Mark Drever

Exceptional benefits and an intelligent workforce

Current Employee - Infrastructure in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Infrastructure in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a small business, they have he flexibility to be creative with how (not if) employees get rewarded for their contributions. They have unique culture that rewards hard work and singles out those that help. Company events are commonplace (traveling happy hour socials, holiday party in downtown D.C., birthday recognition programs) and done nicely each time. They take care of their people and compensate them well with both strong pay/bonus plans and perquisites.

Company benefits are fantastic. Does your Company offer health plans with no deductibles any longer? Xcelerate does. Insurance plans are all industry leading, great 401(k) plan, and better than average paid time off benefits.

Cons

Its a small business still feeling its way out in a tough, highly profitable, and competitive IT consulting industry in the heart of Tysons Corner. But they've hired a lot of bright internal leaders recently who will build this Company into a well-oiled machine.

Focus on more process development and the career progression paths for all employees. Assign managers to help mentor in a process that is cogent and communicated well to all.

Not the job that I was expecting...

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is competitive. Benefits are better than I have had in the past. Good office location. Exciting contract.

Cons

Company does not really seem to be what they say they are. Senior management makes lots of plans for changes, but hardly sees them through. All talk, no action. Office space is way too small. I was told my position would be one thing, and I am doing something completely different. Interview process was rigorous, but I am not at all challenged in my role.

Listen to your employees wants and needs. Care about what they are saying rather than just bringing in more revenue at the end of the day.

Growth is the only thing that matters

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of happy hour and perks if you work in main office coffee snacks. Good people and talended

Cons

Poor project management. Leadership personally "doesn't understand people feeling" which justifies ignoring people's opinion and job frustrations.

Develop better communications with your employees, and listen to their responses. Stop focusing so much on being fastest growing for the 3 year in a row and let focus on doing our job and treating our employees better.

Love being part of a growing company

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to make a difference, share your experience, learn, grow, develop, and be impactful for the people that you manage...

Cons

It's a small company...so not everything is in place but that's par for the course when you are part of a start-up like environment.

Fast Growing Company Offers Many Opportunities for Professional Growth

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment; room for growth; colleagues are passionate about their work; opportunities available to support critical government initiatives; open door policies with Xcelerate executives; employees and leadership actively engaged in community service initiatives; Organization enables employees to define and accomplish goals.

Cons

Fast paced and growth-oriented environment requires adaptability to change; Resources are required to wear multiple hats to accomplish goals.

Keep it up!

My experience at Xcelerate has greatly supported my career growth and learning.

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I am participating in a very fast paced and complex program in which I am constantly being challenged professionally and I like that. I am able to learn while still applying my years of PM skills to support the success of the program. I am supported in many ways by management, with both formal and informal coaching, training and direction. I also have the latitude to lead and implement my ideas into the PMO to support the mission. Lastly, I have also been recognized for my hard work and contributions multiple time over the 15 months I've been at Xcelerate and that means a lot and continues to help motivate excellence.

Cons

I do not have any at this time.

The company is quickly growing. With the growth of the company happening so fast, carefully and effectively manage that growth.

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Like any start up work is fast paced, but the people are collaborative and work as a team. There is opportunity to work in multiple roles, and one's contributions are recognized and celebrated. Pay and benefits are good, in line with industry standards.

Cons

The company expects a lot of its employees, work is fast paced, and work-life is difficult to balance.

Excellent collaborative environment

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions

Pros

The company lives by its core values which are demonstrated right from the top down. We are a young company but building a strong foundation which will benefit our long term growth.

Cons

Like other small businesses, growing pains that come with the territory. Good part is they are recognized and addressed in a timely manner.

Continue to build upon your core values as they will always be a cornerstone for future success.

Don’t Believe the Hype

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions (more than a year)

Pros

- HR reps are responsive and friendly. They really want to help.
    - Corporate makes an effort to bring offsite employees together at events (Happy Hours, Games etc…).
    - New Training Series offers interesting topics.

Cons

- HR reps don’t have any power to actually improve your situation. It’s great that you can reach out to them when you need to talk. But if Management doesn’t take action there’s nothing they can do.
    - No opportunity for career growth.
    - Little to no recognition for Business Development efforts.

Change you focus from making Best Place to Work list and actually work to BE the Best Place to Work.

A company that is true to their values

Former Employee - Technical Consultant
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant

I worked at Xcelerate Solutions full-time

Pros

Xcelerate Solutions practices what they preach, they take care of their people. Finding stability in the Government Contracting world is hard to come by however Xcelerate goes above and beyond to ensure their employees are taken care of. No surprise they made the Washington Business Journal's Best places to work list for the DC Metro area!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Xcelerate Solutions Photos