Xcelerate Solutions Reviews

4.3
Mark Drever

Quality Organization

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Committed back office staff (recruiting, contracts, experience managers) Approachable leadership team Committed to screening new hires for culture fit Hard working billable consultants

Cons

Rapid growth does sometimes result in confusion and occasional resource bottlenecks

Advice to Management

Continue to message the team regarding company strategic direction, growth forecast, etc... Continue to define and refine Xcelerate offerings and value propositions.

A Place to Grow as Part of a Great Team

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions

Pros

Xcelerate Solutions has been the best career move I've ever made, and I can see a long future for me here. From the welcoming staff, intelligent and engaged coworkers, and innovative and interesting projects, to the strong support team focused on helping you find and apply your greatest potential, I know I have found a place where I can grow and contribute as part of a great team. Xcelerate not only has great people, but the people here support and encourage each other. I work with executives who provide helpful feedback and are partners in my projects with them. From department to department, I find people who are the best in their fields and not only a joy to work with, but great to learn from. And the President of the company has a true open-door policy and a connection with his employees and their work. And if that wasn't enough, there's the social events, the after work get togethers, and knowing that every day I come to work to people I like being around. With all that, Xcelerate also keeps growing and succeeding with their clients. Looking forward to a long future with Xcelerate!

Cons

Only con that comes to mind at the moment is the need for more meeting space.

Advice to Management

Thank you to the management for being such a great team. I've already grown and learned so much, and feel even more confident about my career.

3. Senior Consultant

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time

Pros

Access to thought leaders across government and consulting Open door management policy Upward mobility focus for employees Access to an expansive network Strong client relationship focus Diverse project portfolio

Cons

Small business Growing footprint outside of DMV

Advice to Management

Ensure the employee focus, small business agility and large business capability scales with the growth of the company

5. Technical Project Manager

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is very open to inviting employees input in many difference areas of the company to support growth and expansion for both the individual and company. Employees are regularly recognized for their efforts that are about and beyond. There are monthly in house trainings for the employees on various IT consulting topics. There are regular activities happening outside of the company that helps to build camaraderie etc.

Cons

Benefits package is a little on the high side and would like a stronger 401K match. Clearer comp plan and bonus structure.

6. A great place to work with some amazing benefits...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits here are great - enough to entice a long-time successful freelancer. One benefit that impresses me particularly is consultations (as many as you want) with a highly reputable financial planning/wealth management firm. I have a trail of 401(k) accounts from other employment and the advisers are helping me sort it all out and set clear goals for retirement. So far, I am impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at all levels. When I ask, I learn. I don't see the "information is power and I'm not sharing power" attitude that I have seen in other organizations. The motivation of top leadership is completely transparent and clearly conveyed to staff and clients alike. I like to know the ultimate "why" of what I am doing, and here it is clear, consistent, and honest.

Cons

In my view, the company could use more internal organization, no doubt because it is growing so fast. I have no doubt that it will happen because there are a lot of smart, practical, and creative people here.

Small Business filled with great people and mission critical opportunities!

Current Employee - Infrastructure in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Infrastructure in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Xcelerate Solutions continues to grow with the very best people. Xcelerate's company culture is built on opportunity, trust and a passion for doing the right thing.

Cons

In 2015, Xcelerate needs to focus on defining advancement opportunities for consultants at every career stage.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on fostering the positive company culture, hiring the most talented people and eliminating obstacles to process improvement.

Great opportunities and great people!

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions

Pros

Great place to work and getting better every day. They do their best to show how much they value their employees by rewarding hard work and having fun company wide events. They have trainings that are put on by fellow employees that give you a chance to learn new skills as well as learn more about your coworkers who you may not see everyday. You are encouraged to step up and take on additional responsibilities and opportunities. They really care about their employees and you are surrounded by hard working, intelligent, and kind people. Benefits are competitive for the area.

Cons

Typical growing pains for a small company that is moving at a rapid pace, but learning and adapting every day.

Working isn't work when you enjoy working with your colleagues.

Former Employee - First Year Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - First Year Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Xcelerate Solutions

Pros

I am a people person so relationships with the people that I work with is #1. My coworkers here were genuine, caring and kind. I have never worked with such a trustworthy and giving group of people. They truly are committed to making Xcelerate the best company that it can be and they are committed to working hard.

Cons

You get spoiled working with such a kind group that you never want to say goodbye.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I never once felt that I could not approach a manager (or coworker) when there was an issue that needed resolution.

Disappointed. We are growing so fast but leaving employee growth behind.

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions

Pros

Multiple events for employees to become involved with. Management does good job with communicating. Competitive compensation. Solid, secure work.

Cons

So many plans for changes that I've yet to see happen. It's great that management recognizes a need for improvement when it comes to HR support and direct management. But, they have been talking about it since I started several years ago. With no actual changes. Extreme focus on making "fastest growing company" and "best place to work" lists. Without asking themselves why they have to push so hard to get employees to respond.

Advice to Management

You have great plans to help your employees be more successful and happy. Actually do them.

Good people with Bad management

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time

Pros

great people, fun work events like happy hours

Cons

Managers don't' know what their are doing, don't listen to their technical experts. They treat their staff poorly.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees in a timely and accurate manner. Hire some new mid level manager that now what they are doing

RSS Feed </> Embed