Xcelerate Solutions

Updated February 14, 2015
Updated February 14, 2015
4.2

Mark Drever

Working isn't work when you enjoy working with your colleagues.

Former Employee - First Year Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - First Year Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Xcelerate Solutions

Pros

I am a people person so relationships with the people that I work with is #1. My coworkers here were genuine, caring and kind. I have never worked with such a trustworthy and giving group of people. They truly are committed to making Xcelerate the best company that it can be and they are committed to working hard.

Cons

You get spoiled working with such a kind group that you never want to say goodbye.

Keep up the good work! I never once felt that I could not approach a manager (or coworker) when there was an issue that needed resolution.

Great opportunities and great people!

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions

Pros

Great place to work and getting better every day. They do their best to show how much they value their employees by rewarding hard work and having fun company wide events. They have trainings that are put on by fellow employees that give you a chance to learn new skills as well as learn more about your coworkers who you may not see everyday. You are encouraged to step up and take on additional responsibilities and opportunities. They really care about their employees and you are surrounded by hard working, intelligent, and kind people. Benefits are competitive for the area.

Cons

Typical growing pains for a small company that is moving at a rapid pace, but learning and adapting every day.

Small Business filled with great people and mission critical opportunities!

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Xcelerate Solutions continues to grow with the very best people. Xcelerate's company culture is built on opportunity, trust and a passion for doing the right thing.

Cons

In 2015, Xcelerate needs to focus on defining advancement opportunities for consultants at every career stage.

Continue to focus on fostering the positive company culture, hiring the most talented people and eliminating obstacles to process improvement.

Great company to work for

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions

Pros

Good upper management, Hard work is recognized and reworded

Cons

It is a small company but it is growing with other business

Disappointed. We are growing so fast but leaving employee growth behind.

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions

Pros

Multiple events for employees to become involved with. Management does good job with communicating. Competitive compensation. Solid, secure work.

Cons

So many plans for changes that I've yet to see happen. It's great that management recognizes a need for improvement when it comes to HR support and direct management. But, they have been talking about it since I started several years ago. With no actual changes.
    Extreme focus on making "fastest growing company" and "best place to work" lists. Without asking themselves why they have to push so hard to get employees to respond.

You have great plans to help your employees be more successful and happy. Actually do them.

Exceptional benefits and an intelligent workforce

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a small business, they have he flexibility to be creative with how (not if) employees get rewarded for their contributions. They have unique culture that rewards hard work and singles out those that help. Company events are commonplace (traveling happy hour socials, holiday party in downtown D.C., birthday recognition programs) and done nicely each time. They take care of their people and compensate them well with both strong pay/bonus plans and perquisites.

Company benefits are fantastic. Does your Company offer health plans with no deductibles any longer? Xcelerate does. Insurance plans are all industry leading, great 401(k) plan, and better than average paid time off benefits.

Cons

Its a small business still feeling its way out in a tough, highly profitable, and competitive IT consulting industry in the heart of Tysons Corner. But they've hired a lot of bright internal leaders recently who will build this Company into a well-oiled machine.

Focus on more process development and the career progression paths for all employees. Assign managers to help mentor in a process that is cogent and communicated well to all.

Not the job that I was expecting...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is competitive. Benefits are better than I have had in the past. Good office location. Exciting contract.

Cons

Company does not really seem to be what they say they are. Senior management makes lots of plans for changes, but hardly sees them through. All talk, no action. Office space is way too small. I was told my position would be one thing, and I am doing something completely different. Interview process was rigorous, but I am not at all challenged in my role.

Listen to your employees wants and needs. Care about what they are saying rather than just bringing in more revenue at the end of the day.

Growth is the only thing that matters

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of happy hour and perks if you work in main office coffee snacks. Good people and talended

Cons

Poor project management. Leadership personally "doesn't understand people feeling" which justifies ignoring people's opinion and job frustrations.

Develop better communications with your employees, and listen to their responses. Stop focusing so much on being fastest growing for the 3 year in a row and let focus on doing our job and treating our employees better.

Love being part of a growing company

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to make a difference, share your experience, learn, grow, develop, and be impactful for the people that you manage...

Cons

It's a small company...so not everything is in place but that's par for the course when you are part of a start-up like environment.

Fast Growing Company Offers Many Opportunities for Professional Growth

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment; room for growth; colleagues are passionate about their work; opportunities available to support critical government initiatives; open door policies with Xcelerate executives; employees and leadership actively engaged in community service initiatives; Organization enables employees to define and accomplish goals.

Cons

Fast paced and growth-oriented environment requires adaptability to change; Resources are required to wear multiple hats to accomplish goals.

Keep it up!