www.xchanging.com

Updated November 9, 2014
2.7

Xchanging Chief Executive Officer Ken Lever
Ken Lever

Pros
  • Work Life balance is excellent- you complete your work and then shifts are flexible for you (in 13 reviews)

• It was nice working with Xchanging, the work environment was good (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • if made them( senior management ) sit on project manager/analysts place they can't survive for half hr (in 12 reviews)

• less-salary, rotational shifts, less hike in the salary (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Procurement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Xchanging full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hard working people with good intentions.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, egos of senior staff and other coworkers, no processess or procedures that are of value, and one main account in the United States. MM4 is a tool and not a long term cure for Xchanging profitability in procurement.

Never Again......

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros.....

Cons

No leadership, No communications, Egos of managers who believe their position is more grandeur than it is, Hire people who feel they need, then don't have the roles or the dynamics in the jobs to test peoples skills.

Be honest, take note of employee surveys and don't think because you are a manager everyone is beneath you. Think about this....When you are in a toilet cubicle the person in the cubicle next to you is the same as you, so treat people equally and do away with this archaic view from the 60s and 70s. The clue is in the name of the company...Changing!

Time with Xchanging

Former Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Xchanging as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good experiance on how not to engage in a professional manner towards clients. A higlighting experiance to see how unhappy clients are with the arragnements

Cons

Too many lies, dishonest senior managers, micromanaging middle managers in order to polish their own egos. openness policy needed whith clients. Too much time wasting chasing the small low hanging fruit rather than taking a more stragegic approach

Open your eyes

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Delhi (India)

I have been working at Xchanging full-time

Pros

Lack of planning & assignment in role

Cons

End up with dissatisfaction & job security challenge

Please chose right fit for right role- lots of talent exist within xchanging but moving because of lack of planning & fitment.

I worked in the Win Centre - a waste of time!

Former Employee - Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Manager in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Xchanging full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary in shared service teams.

Cons

If you are in technology sector and you want to learn, never join this company. I you are good in presales or bid management, you will learn how to declare bids as "no bid". Also, if you have a good potential you can learn a lot of filthy words, abuses and politics. Leads just want to make money while others who actually work on the bid are not given any credit.

Stop playing politics and promoting worst fellows.

Technical

Current Employee - Technical in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Technical in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (more than an year)

Pros

To much politics you will find at Xchanging Malaysia sdn. bhd. Very disappointed.

Cons

Don't play with employees and be transparent. Kindly stop racial bias.

Horrible benefits management

I have been working at Xchanging

Pros

Good Salary, big promises etc

Cons

Very bad n responses, employee benefit management. Incapable HR FUNCTION who has no control or track on queries and issues. Don't wonder u don't get Ur payments on time - from live experience

Please set up a proactive system, not reactive. There are payments of ex employees pending, etc , it's a shame.

Take a break, sit in bench

I worked at Xchanging

Pros

If you want salary without working, you can join Xch chennai. Coz there is no project, even if there is a project you started working, dont worry your project will get closed soon.

Cons

How many hours you can look at the monitor for a day without doing anything. Nothing goes right.

Nobody is helping the client, see I joined newly but the client was begging me from the first onwards for help. Not sure what onsite managrs doing. At last the project closed and you got a reason for that. Stop firing and hiring ppl.

A toxic, chaotic and depressing place to work

Current Employee - XIS in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - XIS in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Xchanging full-time

Pros

The managers have very little idea what anyone does or where they are most of the time, so is a great opportunity to do what's right for number one and "learn on the job" for your next role (which if you are average or better you will be seeking sooner rather than later).

Cons

Too many people trying to do the same jobs in different places. Nobody feels responsible for anything or empowered to change anything

Unable to get even simple collaborative tools to work (computer logons, wireless networks etc)

The company is dependent on a single declining contract, and seems desperate to try anything it can to replace it. Except there is no strategy, direction or willingness to invest to get any of the ideas right.

Everything at Xchanging seems to take ten times longer and cost three times as much as it should.

Senior managers are too busy trying to appear as everyones friend, writing sickly poetry or posting silly pictures online every other day. They need to grow up, wake up, open their eyes and take a serious look at the chaos they preside over.

Resign and let some experienced, credible professionals from outside come in and take a long hard look at Xchanging before it is too late. The monopoly you've relied on since the companies inception is disappearing fast, leaving you with an unprofitable, bloated, lazy and chaotic mess to unravel.

Disappointing work culture and management in Xchanging, Singapore

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Xchanging full-time (less than an year)

Pros

once you are at client site, the management does not disturb.

Cons

poor management, poor work culture, narrow-minded people, no proper documentation or standards in project, always take project on low cost and with less resources, always fails to meet the deadlines. When I joined the Xchanging. I have been asked to work on a completely new technology. I had been put under the client directly. I have taken up this work as a challenge. I was expecting support from senior because it was something new for me. As the work started, there was only one document for the project which was incomplete. The manager estimated the project very less. The truth was that the project would take more than a year or more to finish. There was nobody to oversee the progress of the project. The manager was too lazy to have regular status checks. Manager was reachable only if he needed something otherwise he would not answer calls / emails. There was no management at all in the company. Even though Singapore is cosmopolitan country, people are racist. I can't believe the Indians hate each other so much. The company is full of Tamilians and their relatives. I am not being racist here. I always enjoy the mixed culture in professional environment. Unfortunately I was asked to leave the company because Manager has to blame his junior for the project failure and second I am not a tamilian and I belong to a different part of India. I had to come back to India without any Job. Very disappointing management and work culture.

Nothing