Xebia Reviews

Reset
3.5
Xebia Group CEO Daan Teunissen
Daan Teunissen

Pros
  • Work life balance and flexible timings (in 12 reviews)

• work life balance, knowledge sharing (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Salary is good but salary structure is bad (in 3 reviews)

• Because many projects are having small teams thus at times work can be get hectic (in 2 reviews)

Good work life balance

I have been working at Xebia full-time

Pros

work life balance, knowledge sharing

Cons

hikes are not that great

Advice to Management

focus

2. Consultant

I have been working at Xebia

Pros

Good company. Treats people well. Manager at Xebia stays in touch. Money is paid promptly

Cons

Love the place - cant think of cons

A good company work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Xebia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love Xebia as a workplace and seeing a great future here.
    Lot of positive things like nice culture, Supportive colleagues, enhanced learning, skill improvement, etc.
    And best part people cares about you, if you are good in behavior you will always feel like a family.

Cons

Some peoples are not fruitful to the company still company is highly paying to them. I don't know why?

Advice to Management

Salary structure should be defined for same level of experience as well as based on same level of skills. Even some people are working hard then also they are getting paid less compare to same level of colleagues.

Best company choice for career growth

I have been working at Xebia

Pros

-lot of opportunity to learn new bleeding technologies
    -flexible timing
    - High Paying company above market standards
    - Provides a good working environment. It gives freedom to work and develop and hone skills.
    - Switching to new technologies as per liking is most welcome.

Cons

No space for car parking in the building

Great place if you want to learn

Current Employee - Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Xebia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning opportunity
    opportunity to work on new technology such as Big data Hadoop
    Higher management is easily approachable
    Nice work culture
    Good Project

Cons

Did not see anything negative as such

Advice to Management

Thumbs up to management ...keep it up :)

True Lies or Just Lies?

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Xebia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I still love interacting and working with (whatever is left) superior technology minds and Project Teams.

Cons

I thought of joining Xebia India almost two years back but organization was struggling with projects and business. I decided NOT TO (and now thinking I should have stick to it). And then the new CEO and CTO came as a change and I tried for joining this organization. Got interview call. cleared and joined with admiration and impression that I am joining the elite technology force. After an year I found it a mirage. This Indian Unit is anything but niche. Generally I code and solve business problems and I think I am empowered to observe and analyze logically. I spoke to some old technology stalwarts in organization who are still there and some who left - it is apparent that the focus is to create a sham and an aura of lies. CEO and CTO are autocratic and big time schemers. Where new Dutch CTO is trying to promote transparency, interacting with individual to his level best, his Indian counterparts are practicing law and order by fear and restrain. The environment is strangulated and suffocated. Hilarious fact is, an organization of less that 150 technology people have two CTOs. An India CTO (somewhere in posted reviews rightly called as a joker) and a Dutch CTO. Why two CTOs? After one year why organization realized we need a new CTO? Was Indian CTO not capable enough or any other strategic thought? Nobody knows and now nobody cares as well. Because all decisions are behind the curtain and taken by Super boss and his cronies.

How important are people for organization which says People First - You are lined up for meetings with CTO and CEO who will never ever practice time discipline. Someone will inform of another meeting slot and that will not happen. Indian CTO is almost unreachable and quite honestly invisible. Then there is one big meeting with some technology consultants chaired by either CEO or CTO. Followed by a silence of a light year!! I seriously recommend a video of such meetings and then chairpersons to view it back. I hope they will realize what they talk there is completely out of context and irrelevant. And then comes the company stand-ups. Mother of all lies! I have witnessed all stand-ups in last one year. And I am surprised to note repeated statements by Captain (every stand up is a Deja Vu). Some notes -

- Hiring is a challenge
    - Sales is going full guns and customer A, B and C are lined up for closure (He never realizes that he is saying name of same prospects from almost a year now!! In a way closure is a problem)
    - We are in the process of creating pre-sales material and need people to help here. (Sir you are still creating material after 1.5 years in office!!)
    - Meeting existing customer needs is a problem and new ones are lined up (repetition statement but please tell what new customers are added. All knows that one is an old customer moving to new org and one is a blessing from NL Introduction. What else Sir? Some names from south India. Are they customers or is Xebia working as a team of recruiters for them rather than technology shop? And what is the count of consultants there - you can easily count on one hand fingers)
    - And yes this meeting has reference to ex-organization of CTO and is God send gifted customer to Xebia! (Number of consultants there please and nature of business? My observation, again focus is "let Xebia be a team of recruiters for them.")

I am surprised if these are only repeated problems and "Hall of Fame stories" then what is being done to fix them and what is next? Firing and cursing teams is not only solution. Should have done it year back. But again as statements lack facts so are decisions. And then what is ignored with royalty is - there are visible, repeatedly highlighted problem which is technology bankrupt mind @ top. Can it be solved please? Sir, you will be surprised to note how many technology people left because of this issue and how many are lined up! A technology person is most demotivated when he sees a technologically bankrupt mind leading the organization. We don't care about other things much as we do not have knowledge and expertise of it. But what about the most important thing to us. And besides this nepotism and scheming is prevalent. Your protection is just not limited to CTO but to mobility team and other favorites as well. Only office boys are spared from this vicious circle, rest everyone is girdled. Divide and rule is the mantra. (who said it was just an old time colonial phrase)

I see a lot of consultants talking things on lunch tables, and bringing things on glassdoor which should have been transparently discussed internally and I state with "full transparency" in place. I am also open to the fact that my and my colleagues statements/observations might be lacking detailed facts and there is something more to it (hopefully positive). But this internal and external outlet shows the direction of oblivion and clout. I will highly recommend the Captain of this ship to do an introspection (it is different from Agile retrospection which you always put as a solution to every project problem.) You MIGHT find a solution Sir. Last but not least, please give credit to the education and years we technology people have put in. We might be silent, non-engaged zombies to you, but we are observing and analytical (by virtue of solving practical problems of life!)

Advice to Management

If you read reviews and believe there is a possibility of truth here!

Captain and Cronies - For God's sake stop scheming and focus on betterment!! If you think lies, mistakes and misbehavior by those whom you protect does not go out, then you are in euphoric or comma state. Stop protecting. And be pure at heart and wise by mind.

Sr. Consultant

I worked at Xebia full-time

Pros

At-least people listen to you
    I had a great time here
    Best teammates
    Managers do have a good eye of talent check , if you have it they will catch you for sure. Only concern is it has only two or three account managers which are loaded till feet with accounts .
    what is devops , agile, scrum , you can see it all here
    XKE , its not the best but its still better than other big names
    Work environment is kool , you really feel to come to office and work
    The best thing is : person need to come out of a cocoon of its past and share what he can deliver.
    Its a bag of opportunity to learn and grow.
    People whom I worked with were really gems of industry but its sad to see them leaving .

Cons

IOT : for god sake please stop this chimp play in front of every customer . Xebians are sick of seeing them , they are good for nothing .

No one if perfect neither do Xebia but it has a potential and accumen to beat the best .

Advice to Management

Cant you see these projects are available freely on internet , buy a $30 audrino , plug some wires, copy the code and wallah you pass with extension in IOT. Beacons,, audrino, wifi , coffee app all are there on internet . I cant say much but beleive me start firing people for health of company

Xebia need some more managers to let existing one's to take care of their teams and old leftover treasury of engineers.

You are about to loose good talented people who built this foundation and earned good customers . Please listen to Granny and ask for their help now .

PUT a Real techie as a CTO in place of this call centre guy who read some articles on tech and got lost in this world of engineering.

Best company out of 6 companies that I worked in my career

I have been working at Xebia

Pros

Awesome learning experience - Preferred Cloudera Partners, In just 3-4 months of my joining - I have undergone expensive trainings from Cloudera for Apache Hadoop Developer, Hadoop Administration and Data Analysis (PIG,HIVE, Impala etc). Now I will be learning Spark, Scala etc. Done 2 expensive certifications from Cloudera as well that too paid by Xebia

Works in bleeding edge technologies including Scala, Akka, Spark etc,

Opportunity to work with one of the best CEOs and CTOs

Opportunity to work with some of the best developers

Regular Knowledge Sharing Sessions

No Bossism, flat hierarchy

Never worked on weekends. It is having flexible timings.

Opportunity to work with Clients at different locations

Cons

It would be better if we have cab facility

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a great job, just keep it up :)

My experience at this company is very good, working with some great people like Vijay, Bhavuk and Vikrant.

I have been working at Xebia full-time

Pros

1. Flat Hierarchy
    2. Management is very much supportive to our ideas and growth.
    3. Flexible timings
    4. Technical Events like XKE and Hackathon.

Cons

1. No Cabs
    2. Few Parking Lots.

Advice to Management

No advice at the moment.

Working with Xebia has been just Awesome, and I can say it

I have been working at Xebia full-time

Pros

Very employee centric and is focused on continuous learning and up gradation of employees. Lot of knowledge sharing and training programs for employees.

Management is focused and takes inputs and suggestions in a positive way.

Great work environment.

Lot of employee engagement initiatives and team building events on regular basis.

Great Agile culture...

Cons

Nothing as such, but transportation for long distance is not available and if this can be incorporated then it would be great.

RSS Feed </> Embed