XenoBiotic Laboratories

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jinn Wu

XBL Current Employee

Associate Scientist (Current Employee)
    Plainsboro, NJ

ProsKnowlegable upper management. Everyone helps you learn. This is my first job after college and I can't see myself wanting to work anywhere else. Super flexible hours. Higher starting salaries than most of my other friends who entered the industry. Ability to move through different departments to get more experience. Very helpful HR. Oriented towards helping the employees get better benifets. One of the best health insurance plans offered in the state. 13 holiday days including new years eve and new years day. 3 weeks of PTO. what more can I ask for.

ConsFor me Plainsboro is a hike. A lot of driving.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue giving employees the opportunity to change departments. Scientists enjoying work they want to so/want to learn will stay with the company longer. Keep up the good work. My whole department unanimously agrees, we love working here.

XB-HELL

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat pizza and bagel place around the corner, oh the thai place is pretty good as well.

Consif you are slow or lacking in mental capacity you will fit in great! This was also the least professional environment I have ever had the displeasure of working in. Ambition is looked down upon and any new suggestions (which are GREATLY needed) are thrown to the side by people who have worked their longer and are afraid of having some competition. You get paid nothing. It's sad to know that although you are working on something that could be beneficial you are taken for granted and unappreciated

Advice to Senior Managementtake a deeper look and see that everyone plays role and acknowledge hard work. Just because someone has been at the company for a certain number of years or has been the longest at a department doesn't mean they deserve a promotion

Most people get experience and get out...

Plainsboro, NJ

ProsGood place to start out of college and hit the ground running, lots of responsibility due to the small company environment, experience with large pharma, good benefits

ConsNo work-life balance, no employee respect, weak salary

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employee's time/efforts!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst mistake of my career.

Senior Staff Scientist (Former Employee)
    Plainsboro, NJ

ProsPlenty of parking, free coffee.

ConsNo communication, disorganized, old school archaic. Open office, no privacy.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhatever advise you give doesn't matter because they don't listen anyway.

Would not recommend this company

Contract (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsWe do work with XBL. We are a pharma co in CA.
    They generally get the work done on time.
    Prices are OK. Reasonably competitive.

ConsNot good quality work.
    Reports badly written. Need to have more people who can write in English.
    Lack of communication with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease transparency and communication. Write better reports and have them thoroughly reviewed for English and grammar before sending out to customer. Need better customer relations - get back to customer same day if possible. All this applies especially to the WBA group.

Not a good company

Plainsboro, NJ

ProsIf you can't get a job elsewhere this might be a place to consider, otherwise I would not bother interviewing here.

ConsBad management at all levels. Corruption in management. Nepotism in management. Do not respect employees. Dismiss employees for little reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at yourselves in the mirror. Is this what you want?

don't work here

Plainsboro, NJ

ProsEr.... they pay you on time. As someone else said "free coffee". Not much else I can think of

ConsIncompetent management
    cronyism

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to China. Maybe XBL China will apreciate you more

Surprising.

Plainsboro, NJ

ProsFlexible hours and free coffee.

ConsModern lab techniques are not employed routinely.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication and transparency at all levels.

Not one of the better CROs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWe used to use XBL until about four years ago. They were not too bad and the prices were reasonable. However, there are many better companies out there who do a much better job.

ConsWe dont use them any more. The quality of the reports is low and the standards of work are poor. they need to improve the depots especially the English and grammar. Communication with clients like us needs to improve also.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people to review reports. Improve communication.

There are better places to do business

ProsThere are not too many pros about this company.the work does get done and we are promptly billed. Communication is OK, that is if you can get hold of anyone.

ConsWe have done some contract work at xbl. The standards are not high. The reports are generally not well written with poor English. We have gone to other companies to get our contract work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication.

Worked for XenoBiotic Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at XenoBiotic Laboratories reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for XenoBiotic Laboratories CEO Jinn Wu. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by XenoBiotic Laboratories employees.