Xerox

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Middle management is generally good, bad decisions by higher-ups screws everyone

Dallas, TX

ProsI've got to say, the direct managers I've had at all levels have been great; good promotion opportunities.

ConsThe traditional penny-wise/pound foolish way of thinking. Senior management screws everyone over with furloughs and RIFs in order to pad their own bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo senior management: If you learn to take care of your employees, they'll take care of you. Continually screwing your lower-level employees guarantees this company will never truly succeed.

Feedback

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsHard working people committed to customer satisfaction

ConsNepotism at the top levels of management, in spite of written policy against it. Management direction if highly volatile.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees and commit to annual merit increases to reward employees for the results of their hard work. Avoid making employees take mandatory furloughs, as this has an adverse impact to customer service and employee morale.

Struggling to gain market share. Is this a sinking ship?

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsVery entrepenural environment. The best part is the people who work there.

ConsNo strategy behind decisons. Furlough after furlough. No annual bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a competitive wage and benfits to your employees. No more furloughs. Who would want to work in an enviroment who takes it's lack of success out of their employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Potential does not out-weight current.

SSE (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat pay, services/product lines, benefits

ConsToo much internal processes...way too many chiefs and not enough indians. Simple business decisions are made much more complex and time-consuming due to internal checks-and-balances.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it simplier, easier, to manuver within company for decisions and information.

Watch your back

Management (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsYou get paid on time.

ConsLike the title says, watch your back. Upper management only cares about their paychecks and how little work they can actually do without the threat of losing their job.. If you try to improve a process, go out of your way for a client, or in any way try to positively stand out, you now have a target on your back. This company literally encourages you to do only enough to get by. Some people may like that, but you will not get promoted, get raises, or be acknowledged for anything. Do not come to work here unless you want your career to die.

Employees haven't gotten a raise, even a cost of living raise, in over six years, yet the CEO see's fit to give herself millions of dollars in bonuses every year, along with the standard million dollar cost of living raise she "deserves."

Advice to Senior ManagementThe legacy ACS management has infiltrated the Xerox brand like a cancer. Get rid of all legacy ACS management. There is a reason that ACS was failing its clients and its employees. Don't promote the problem.

Uncertainty and stress Daikly

Dallas, TX

ProsDecent salary and benefits and can work remote.

ConsPoor exec management. Reactive instead of pro-active. Layoffs every quarter. Latest mass-layoffs effective June 13, 2014.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo somewhere else. Bring someone in old timers from EDS, Perot or IBM.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsWorking for Xerox has been a stop gap. I would say it served the purpose of provided a salary at the time nothing more.

ConsLong hours. Management truly does squeeze every drop out of you, I don't blame them for doing so. They are management. But definately a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make your employees feel like machines.

Overall, I have enjoyed working for this company until I was laid off many years of service.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat management, coworkers, customers, salary and benefits.

ConsToo many lay offs and out sourcing of jobs to the 3rd world countries. Very unprofessional about how IRIFs are conducted. Hardly any notice and not good enough explanation from HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management are just as vulnerable about pending lay offs. They are the best that I have worked with.

Worse place to work if you want salary raises and job security

Senior Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsOther than not being on the street there are no pros to working here

ConsNo raises, HR is in another country & you can't understand them, terrible work atmosphere, terrible upper management, especially at the top, poor job tools (computer systems), no advancement opportunities, call-center atmosphere, no sense of pride in your work, no job security, when we got a raise it was a tiny percentage (usually under 2%)

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of top management person, stop paying exorbitant bonuses and salaries for a job NOT well done, give the employees something to look forward to, i.e., raises, stop sending jobs overseas. Am only giving 1 star because you can't give zero on this survey

Great People (except those who feel entitled).....Not so great Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsWork Life Balance was pretty fair...worked from home two days out of the week. Looks decent on resume for BETTER job opportunities.

ConsNO pay raises SINCE 2007, NO employee recognized incentives, NO 401K match, Constant Furloughs and Lay-offs, Appraisals are useless. Expected to work longer hours to make up for high employee turnovers and layoffs. Employees work hard for the benefit of management and executive bonuses. Morale is VERY low....you can feel the density in the air. Travel per diem is ONLY $50 per day! (Try traveling to New York on such a cheap budget). Per corporate policy "All travelers who's flight is more than 12 hours can travel Business Class" which is NEVER honored. Corporate drive and motivation is: "short-term profits to get their (i.e. management) bonuses, and we'll figure out the rest later"

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in fresh ideas and new ways of thinking to better deliver the "RIGHT" services that Corporations can rely on. Then FIRE YOURSELVES!

Now that you have re-branded yourselves. How about now fixing the very things that you've tried so successfully to blanket over. (i.e. Noted Cons above)

Become the powerhouse that made its mark on the printer world.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox reviews and ratings in Dallas, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Xerox employees.