Xerox Reviews

Reset
1.7
Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • There is a great work/life balance (in 118 reviews)

• Most positions allow some sort of work-from-home or telecommuting (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no raises even with outstanding reviews (in 96 reviews)

• Work/ life balance doesn't exist at the management levels (in 36 reviews)

xerox/acs as a company

Current Employee - Escalations Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job is fairly easy.the location is close to where I live.

Cons

Too many to list. The pay, low moral,bad communication,no incentives no type of organization they dont show appreciation,the working conditions are abysmal to say the least.

Advice to Management

Please create a work environment that shows you appreciate and respect your employees and understand they have lives and families.give more support better communication and organization

2. Horrible

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

None ratchet ratchet ratchet ratchet

Cons

All unprofessional, unorganized, ghetto low pay

Advice to Management

Change all staff

Customer Service Supervisor

Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to advance. Was promoted two times in three years. Gave me a lot of opportunity to develop and get experience managing people.

Cons

Unorganized and chaotic. Not ideal situation for someone who cannot operate without solid structure. Lot's of uncertainty, threat of clients leaving or changing at any time. Professionalism. Unprofessional environment. Employees in upper level positions often leave a lot to be desired. Pay. They underpay relative to what other jobs offer. In my three years two years as as supervisor, the amount of money I was given in raises, was outweighed by the amount I lost when they modified their bonus plans. Benefits package they offer is complete trash.

Advice to Management

Commit to the 10 Commitments they have plastered everywhere. Pay people what they deserve. Underpaying employers leads to them leaving for similar positions at other companies. Don't assume anyone is replaceable, when it's rare to find good talent due to your hiring practices and low pay. Also take a serious look at hiring practices and who you bring into the company.

5. My opinion

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Xerox (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a paying job

Cons

This job was a contract for Sprint. They changed our pay so much.

6. Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Telephone Banker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Telephone Banker in Houston, TX

I worked at Xerox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some ok people, unlimited overtime. Operational Manager does try to reward us if we come in for overtime (that could take months)

Cons

The management is the biggest joke ever, even the ones that seem ok are not ok. The management will lie in your face. Breaks are short. Favoritism at its finest.

Advice to Management

Start hiring mature minded individuals for management

Houston Customer Service

Current Employee - Video Tech in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Video Tech in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team members are great and most of the supervisors are wonderful.

Cons

Management just gives lip service to any complaints or concerns. No raise and no way to get a raise. Run away!

Advice to Management

Instead of recognition parties, how about a raise. That certificate won't buy gas or food. $9/Hr sucks

8. Awful! Training was poor at best...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Xerox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, I can think of.

Cons

If you want to feel like you are back in High School with screaming kids, nuisances, and disrespectful individuals and this is the place to go... Their standards are very low, anyone can get a job here. I quit on the second week of training. It is impossible to concentrate in the training room because of the constant noise and carry-on. They must recruit from the local mental asylum judging by some of the carry on and some of the recruits. One little girl liked to scream in the elevators. It's too cliquey in the classrooms. You will be left bewildered as they rush past the actual work, the rest of the time you will sit doing nothing waiting for something to happen. Oh and it's $9 an hour. Pity I didn't find this board and read it before I signed up with them. It's all true.

Advice to Management

Quit, leave it someone who knows what they are doing.

"Escalations" Supervisor

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

There are none, except the people you work with

Cons

No room for advancement unless your sleeping with certain people, friends with or related to certain people. If you kiss enough butt, you may get a chance. Find any reason not to pay. Never heard of a Supervisor getting the same pay as the other entry level employees. ABC pay is a joke and a way to keep from paying people. Rules and regulations change on a daily basis, nothing is every consistent. Never can get clear cut answers to questions that are asked. Constant refusal to discuss anything that has to do with more pay or clear cut job description.

Advice to Management

Get your act together! Start paying people based on their job description.

Watch out if the business from your account goes south! - Xerox Learning Services (ACS)

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Xerox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Competitive Pay 2. Good Team (sans management)

Cons

1. Total lack of networking between Account Managers to move resources from one account to another. Once your account closes, you are pretty much left on your own to search for openings within Xerox. What's worse, when you apply you are competing with outside applicants - you being in-house gives you no advantage. I have seen open positions for same roles appear in one account while people are being laid off concurrently in another account. It just does not make any sense how poorly the account managers are linked here. One reason could be that the ACS is still not well integrated with the mother company - Xerox. 2. Fall promises by management to get you on board. They promised to process my GC and then back tracked when they realized the business from the account is going south. 3. They have a stupid rule of not re-hiring somebody within 6months of being laid off. I am not sure what management reason is behind this rule other than paying out compensation probably. But due to this rule once you are out and you see positions opening up within weeks, you are not eligible to apply. I have seen this happen to a number of my colleagues.

Advice to Management

Please integrate ACS properly within Xerox and ensure there is proper networking between the different Account Managers.

complete lack of respect and blatant favoritism

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Some managers are Allright.nothing really good, the trainers and hiring managers lie to you about pay and bonuses

Cons

Upper management socks! I have an issue with my PTO, the ops manager treated me with a complete and utter lack of respect. She told me if I wanted my PTO (which was paid in error) I hade to give back the money from it????

Advice to Management

Fire Rachel!!! She is disrespectful to her employees.

Showing 33 of 2,715 reviews