Xerox Reviews in Houston, TX

2.5
1,708 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE (in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services) (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's ok...

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is ok, I guess

Cons

Upper management is poor as they really have no idea what's REALLY taking place on the sales floor.

ensure your trainers ACTUALLY TRAIN!

Call center for Sprint

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits after 90 days, paid time off, insurance, 401K. Fully vested after 1.5 years

Cons

You go through a 3 week class room training and then a 3 week Learning Lab where new agents actually take live calls. There are not enough floor support to adequately assist the new agents struggling to satisfy the customers unfortunate enough to connect with the lab. Some of the floor support become very agitated in helping the baby agents so the learning environment becomes one of tension and stress instead of support and encouragement. During the last week of training, agents with the lowest number of failed surveys get the pick of the schedules available. As fair as it seems at first, many of the failing surveys come from customers having to wait so long on the phone while the agent searches the documentation and waits with their flag up, needing assistance. There is a correlation here.

Once on the actual floor, the environment is anything but professional. The guys walk around with their pants below their waist, sporting the current "sagging pants" fad, very offensive to say the least. The women are playing around, laughing and cutting up on the floor. Agents are assigned to a team, usually about 15 to a supervisor, which should be enough for the supervisors to handle and would be if the supervisors stayed at their stations. Supervisors walk off to visit with other supervisors which causes longer wait times for the customer when they are wanting to either talk with a supervisor or the agent needs a credit.

The policy is, if the agent can not resolve the customer's reason for calling in, bump it up to the next layer of management, Sounds good in theory but the supervisors get angry that the customer is not satisfied. This is usually due to their wanting a credit for being lied to about the new Framily Plan, or the store promised a activation credit, or they were suppose to get a credit for tower outages once the tower was repaired. No supervisor wants to issue a credit as it comes out of their "budget". The prevailing attitude is, "the customer is lieing", "too bad", "not my problem", "sounds like a personal problem to me" and these are just a few of the comes back I personally have gotten from my supervisor when explaining why the customer wants a credit or threatens to go to another carrier. In fact, I usually just get a "bye..." when the customer wants to leave. When a bump up does occur, the supervisors often leave the caller sitting on the line until he or she feels like dealing with the issue. This makes the morale and the desire to assist the customer very low.

The ongoing education which agents are expected to participate in is currently not being allowed because the Bill to Pay ratio is low. There is no allowing for completing notes after the call ends and the policy of calling the customer back on dropped calls is not being implemented since there is absolutely no delay between calls. This can result in bad surveys since the agent did not call the customer back. This affects the pay of the agent which is measured on the number of call backs in a 48 hr period and on the surveys.

The agents feel their pay is subjected to the whims of the supervisor and the customer who does not understand the workings of the call center. Agents realize the customer should not have to understand the call center policies but it does affect the customer being satisfied or not.

All in all... this is a good place to enter the call center field but not a place to work longer than six months. In fact, the turn over is high and usually anyone staying longer than six months is an "old timer".

Based on my experience in this center, I went with AT&T. Personally I feel very sorry for any Sprint customer.,

Clean up the dress code, stay on top of the supervisors and their supervisors. Follow the policies of Sprint closer. Perhaps have more than one Sprint representative on the floor. She comes out of her office but does not appear to watch the supervisors.

Enriching

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Xerox is a market leader and has outstanding brand recognition. Xerox values diversity and works to maintain a balanced work force matching the demographics. The People are the greatest asset.

Cons

Future direction, lack of leadership, annuity based compensation. Xerox's compensation is no longer competitive and the sales training is average . The benefits have become average at best.

Create a clear roadmap for the future

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Guaranteed employment

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor/Escalations  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor/Escalations in Houston, TX

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than a year

Pros

depending on what campaign, management will work with keeping your job

Cons

always something with bonuses,not enough pay for the stress of the client and coworkers

stop talking about personal issues with your personal coworkers, call center environment is contagious

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Xerox full-time

Pros

Opportunity to join a large company with a variety of options. Easy low stress job with chance for advancement. Con - very low pay.

Cons

Very low pay. Unsanitary office.

It was good, but it's not the same now.

Current Employee - Fleet Equipment Administrator  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Fleet Equipment Administrator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great coworkers, family environment. The job itself is not very stressful, and most of the people you deal with in Xerox are friendly and nice.

Cons

This office can be clique-ish, and Xerox as a company is becoming cheap. The benefits get worse every year.

N/A

Keep looking for another job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is 10-12 per hr

Cons

Everything else from top to bottom

Do better

Customer Care

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, many avenues to make money, decent benefits

Cons

at least one weekend compulsory, extended hours spent sitting.

Inconsistent

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent reward based compensation for the level of entry, training, and effort.

Cons

Call center environment, felt that I was treated like a robot. Couldn't leave my desk without either getting in trouble, or having to log-out for 20 minutes (and have it count against my absenteeism). There were a lot of ways to lose your reward based compensation. Management seemed more in the business of trying to convince you this job was worth the frustrations, then actually making it worth it. Very high turnover rate. They automatically downsize every time Summer ends. Although they frame RBC as a reward, if you don't hit a goal they will threaten to fire you if you don't hit it within the next 2 months. Mandatory overtime and short lunches when they are understaffed.

It was a good learning experience for me

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Xerox full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are able to work with some good coworkers who don't mind helping. Also work in a safe enviroment

Cons

Not app lic ab le

Keep up the good work

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!