Xerox Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

2.5
1,708 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE (in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services) (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fantastic over the years

Current Employee - Director of Client Operations  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Client Operations in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people who work at Xerox are top shelf. They care about the customers, and each other and strive to do their best. The company has a lot going for it, technology, marketing strategy and the people. If you work hard, you can go anywhere in the company.

Cons

The current Senior Management at Corporate has taken their eye off of the customer and placed it more on the Stock Market. Xerox needs to re-infuse some of our legacy culture, and pull back from just trying to cut costs and instead secure relationships between the Sales and Management team to our major clients. We need to stop breaking relationships just to try the latest approach. If Xerox moves in that direction, it will see strong growth.

Bring back the fun to the business, and stop cutting into the bone of the great people that work tirelessly every day to make the company the great company it has been.

Hope for the best

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO

Cons

Too big a list

Stick to the promises made to staff.

Xerox needs to step there game up.

Current Employee - Senior CSE  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior CSE in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I like that I have made alot of friends through Xerox, I have really nice customers, that have turned into friends over the years. good vacation program. 401k

Cons

Poorly manufactured printers, xerox's QC should be fired. NO RAISES in the last 10years, that's right 10 years. Tech's have to pay to drive there service vans.

Upper management needs to stop with all of these useless incentive bonuses, chasing the carrot, REAL RAISES and they would get a better employee that would be proud to work for Xerox. The CEO, she's getting a large raise every year. A happy employee is a good hard working employee.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate Message--"You Should Be Happy You Have A Job"

Current Employee - SBU  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - SBU in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best reasons to work at Xerox are "people". There are many that are very good and genuinely care. Working virtually is a pro although Xerox enjoys many financial benefits of me doing such.

Cons

No pay raises for many years. No incentives or recognition. No chance for advancement. Sr. Management in place are chosen by their association, not skill-set. Reorganizations take place every year causing process and people to reset back to zero and start over re engineering best practices. Benefits are horrible and are high deductible plans only. Layoffs a regular occurrence. Message from a senior manager "You should be happy you have a job."

Replace CEO. Stop managing costs on the backs of the employees. The strategy will come back to haunt you. Cut CEO and board bonus' until employees are given pay raises and compensated fairly. If employees do not become a priority, the good ones will leave and the bad ones will be left behind impacting the overall company revenue and stock price because they cannot perform.

A once great company is struggling to meet current market challenges

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with for the most part. Many opportunities to get involved in interesting and challenging sales cycles and projects.

Cons

Compensation changes over the last few years have made it very difficult to earn a competitive income even when having a successful year. Continuous reorganizations and downsizing create client disruptions and leave the Xerox employees looking over their shoulder instead of focused on the clients.

Streamline the bureaucracy, let employees closest to the client be more entrepreneurial and responsive to the client's needs, allowing some risk will bring greater rewards.

Way too much red tape

Current Employee - Sales and Solutions Executive- Fed Government  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and Solutions Executive- Fed Government in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are good. Intense constant training.

Cons

Too many layers of management and intense pressure with non-realistic goal expectation. Models sold are often back-ordered, and specialists and support are not readily available. Incredible amt of time for meetings, and huge reports. Takes up all the sales time just dealing with those things.

Busniess Servicea LL

Former Employee - Information Management  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Information Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to work and have fun with coworker

Cons

No advancement no salary rise due the fact you are fix cost assign to a contract

When awarded a contract allow for cost of living for ALL who are assign to the contract

good

Former Employee - Intern  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Xerox as an intern for less than a year

Pros

good salary and some benefits

Cons

busy, fast paced, sometimes colleagues were nosy or rude

the little people do the big work

Good Company, but changing

Former Employee - Management  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Solid, battle tested company that survived the challenge from it asian competitors. Very process and results driven company.

Cons

Moving away from the copier business to services, meaning the copier employees are being fazed out.

Don't forget how you got to be where you are today!

Underpaid and Overworked

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I can't think of any right now.

Cons

Haven't had a raise in over five years. Employees are completely demoralized. All support services are centralized and then gutted to the point of failure to save money. Morale is so low, no one cares anymore, no one takes pride in what they do.

Do some long-term planning. Everything is about meeting this quarters numbers. Doesn't matter what impact on employees or clients might be.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!