Xerox

2.6 1,361 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

1,361 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work/Life Balance - Strict 9-5 job, with the opportunity to work from home"
    in 76 reviews
  • "Great work/life balance; being able to work from home, etc"
    in 34 reviews
Cons:
  • "No raises or bonuses in the last 3 years, longer for others who have been there longer"
    in 66 reviews
  • "Upper management do not have a clear strategy nor do they communicate it well"
    in 54 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Too focused on short-term profit.

SBU Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSome very smart people are trying to make things better.

People generally care about each other and try to provide assistance and support.

There is some real innovation going on that is exciting and has amazing potential.

ConsThe only thing that matters is profit and clients come second to making numbers. Executive leadership is far too focused on short-term profit and getting their bonuses.

Never "off the clock" at any level. The best and brightest burn out with overwork and leave.

Executive management decisions continually make the experience worse for employees.

Force reductions have become a way of life.

Advice to Senior ManagementConstant churn is more expensive than setting goals and sticking to them. ITO isn't the same as BPO and you need to stop trying to manage them the same way. You are losing your best performers to overwork and an off-shore strategy too focused on short-term profit taking.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Wonderful Growing Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis is a brand that commands attention and gets responses from vendors. It garners respect that is helpful when positioning a product that could otherwise be challenged.

ConsWages are not competitive and have been frozen for years for most employees. There is no plan to change that, even though the company is doing better. Cost control actions are not executed in the least painful of ways and this results in a huge company that is gushing talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet competitive on salary within the market. Get the right people facing the customer(s). Consolidate the leadership teams and start functioning as one company, not dozens.

Docucare

Docucare Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for less than a year

ProsStable Hours, Office Culture and an in with Xerox

ConsWork load varies daily and projects that extend longer then a day can become impacted by daily responsibilities.

I was employed by them for 16 years then after a transfer from another state to here I got laid off. not good.

Account Associate (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI had enjoyed my customers that i had on day to day bases. actually from the state I was living at. I had always made my customers happy with my job roll. I miss my peers.

Consoh there's a lot of challenges with xerox you just have the right manager to give you the support.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Challenging work, however no room for advancement and non-competitive compensation

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Hamilton, NJ

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThings are always changing and the work fluctuates constantly. If you like change that is a good quality, if you are not adaptive, then look elsewhere

ConsNo room for growth and compensation is low, also no raises in the last 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder at retaining good employees through fair compensation practices. What good is an excellent yearly review when it results monetarily the same as a mediocre review?

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking for Xerox has been a stop gap. I would say it served the purpose of provided a salary at the time nothing more.

ConsLong hours. Management truly does squeeze every drop out of you, I don't blame them for doing so. They are management. But definately a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make your employees feel like machines.

Fast Paced

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Prosexperience, get to play with new technologies

Conspay, no room to grow, Mismanaged at the executive level, too many freezes

Nice Start

Account Coordinator (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLarge Company , Multiple Job Possibilities, Multiple Locations

ConsPromotions are far and few between, Wages increases have not been given in over five years, cost of Living increases have not been given in over five years

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to Satisfy the Employee and the will continue to excell

Locked in Process & Few Opportunities

Client Asset Manager (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros*The Xerox name still looks good on a resume
*A good place to get corporate experience
*There is a process for everything
*There are some good people working at Xerox

Cons*There's not much left at Xerox - the focus has shifted to services. Hopefully MPS will be able to sustain the entire company going forward.
*There is a process for everything - that may sound contradictory, but to be locked in a process in every situation limits the ability to make a client happy.
*Cliques. Advancement is rarely a result of performance and more likely who you know.
*Long hours with little reward.

My experience at Xerox was very pleasant.

Sales Intern (Former Employee)
Irving, TX

I worked at Xerox as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe benefits were great at Xerox. They also allowed the employees to have a mind of their own and allowed them to speak their mind.

ConsIt took a lot of long days. You really had to put in some long hours to get the job done correctly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get on a more personal level with employees. Create a smaller company vibe.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns. All 1,361 reviews posted anonymously by Xerox employees.