Xerox Reviews

2.5
Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns
1,294 Ratings

Pros
  • There is a great work/life balance (in 118 reviews)

• Most positions allow some sort of work-from-home or telecommuting (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no raises even with outstanding reviews (in 96 reviews)

• Work/ life balance doesn't exist at the management levels (in 36 reviews)

2,611 Employee Reviews

1. The American Samurai

Current Employee - Sales in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Sales in San Juan, PR

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Industry leader. Benefits.Compensation and diversity

Cons

None none none none none

Advice to Management

Chamge billing legacy system

2. It took a woman to change the course of Xerox and make it prosper

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

We are global and if you don't have any relationship commitments you can move around all over the nation and if you're really good at what you do, you can also move worldwide. The 401k is excellent and most of the employees are lifers, that's gotta tell you something about how great it has been to work for the Company.

Cons

At this precise moment I can truly say none. But when I began 24yrs. ago it was a man's job, being a service representative and the company did not discriminate, the customer's did until you proved you could do the job...sometimes even better than the guys...

Advice to Management

In the service arena, Customer Satisfaction should be the one and only key measure.

3. Great Place to work, but too many metric measurements.

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

The best reason to work for Xerox is the ability to advance in your chosen career. The diversity is great!!

Cons

Too much red tape can sometimes slow down training , and the ability to move customer fast along a problem. There are just too many people doing the same thing.

Advice to Management

Allow your employees to have more freedom, and stop bugging them about metric measurement requirements every month. We are busy enough as sales people, but are hindered constantly about Business Builder and Competitive ID info. every week.

5. Storied History. Great Potential. Need to make it happen or others will

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Great people, great products, management team that's been tested by near-death experiences in 2001 (nearly ran out of cash).

Cons

Marks-on-paper business is flat, and potentially declining, across the industry. Xerox needs to revisit the lessons of PARC to ensure the next great technologies in the digital age don't merely pass it by, or risk going the way of Kodak and Fujifilm.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the ball, and invest in the future where the printed page is the commodity and revenue growth has to come from new and innovative areas.

6. Xerox - You can feed your family

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

I work for money and Xerox compensates well for a good well done. There is ample opportunity for advancement, however I don't know how equitable the promotion process is as I have not worked here long.

Cons

The internal processes are crazy. Lots of red tape surrounding EVERYTHING...There is also a ton of in-fighting between groups at least in the sales group. The people are great, but the comp plans forces one to be cut-throat.

Advice to Management

Make this company more nimble!

7. Building better and strong relationships and enjoying what you do keeps you on a even keel !

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in Century City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in Century City, CA

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

If you are a self starter and don't need to be hoovered over to do what ever needs to be done it is noticed on so many levels. Pay is not bad but not as good as it used too be due to the economy and all, The Benefits are better than most companies - Health care, Vision, Dental for me and my family have been excellent. The Xerox people you work with a good majority of them help to get you up to speed. Especially if you are weak in certain areas like Networks, software and hardware installation etc...... But one thing you must have is great customer skills this is no doubt the biggest and greatest skill you can pocess. I love what I do that's being real- and I have been here 25 years to boot I was 25 when I started.

Cons

They deduct the leasing of the vehicle each month, and you also pay for personal mileage on your lease vehicle every six months let me clarify that you pay only the taxes on your personal mileage vs business miles. if you don't like tracking expenses, mileage, inventory or following processes this may not be for you. Because theirs lots of that too process each and every month. I don't know if thats a downside but it's all part of the job. Even with all this I have made things easier to do which minimizes the impact of this down side.

Advice to Management

I think for me all management personal have do a excellent job? Everything has been a experience for me that is solved in a timely and professional manner. If their is one thing I would like to see is a more improvement of the delivery system of Rapids The time it takes to get to location when needed it's about 2 to 3 hours although I do find other things to do like doing another call somewhere else or a PM. Lastly To be successful - As with every workgroup I have been on is their are roles and responsibilities, give them freedom which you mostly do to those who prove all they need is the knowledge to do the job and the flow of that infomation that shows them where we need to go! On each group their needs to be a Facilitator and meetings too insure were are on the same page so the comradere builds strong relationships with each member.

8. Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Client Service Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Client Service Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

The position allows for high level visibility and traveling. It also allows for advancement with the organization and other divisions.

Cons

The commute to work can be tough. If you hit traffic at the wrong time, then you'll be waiting and not knowing what time you'll actually arrive.

Advice to Management

I think you have the company headed in the right direction. I like your proactive approach to repositioning Xerox and its brand.

9. Excellent experience.

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

The PROS of working at Xerox are their brand identity, forward thinking leaders and career opportunities.

Cons

The Cons for working at Xeorx is the reputation of the past as being "unflexabile".

Advice to Management

The advice I would give to Xerox Management is to get more "feet on the street".

10. Evolving

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Flexible schedule and fairly easy to balance work/life responisbilities

Cons

Older workforce tends not to lean towards trail blazers and more processes followed...for what reason?

Advice to Management

utlize resources that are available

11. wonderful experience

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Xerox

Pros

The Xerox culture - management very helpful and co-workers best in their field

Cons

the lay-offs after September 11th

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Showing 2,611 of 2,718 reviews