Xerox Reviews

2.4
1,836 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 112 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 116 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

High School

Former Employee - BGCO Agent and Quality Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - BGCO Agent and Quality Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Xerox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job is easy to get, they hire anybody. The work is easy and you can mess around with the system if you know how to. Secure paycheck is kinda nice too.

Cons

Horrible management that stimulates a horrible environment. It's a numbers based business so they will find a way to penalize you for not hitting certain (and almost impossible metrics). This place is like being herded like little cattle to do their bidding. Turnover rate is extremely high so people come in and out frequently, but that makes it easy to move up and get off the phones I guess.

Don't promote the high school mentality gossip by doing it yourselves. Gossip is hard to avoid but when supposedly mature, responsible adults, who are in management, start and encourage the gossip themselves... That's a problem.

Garbage Can CEO with Puppy Dog Direct Reports

Current Employee - Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Was a great company, before the Worst CEO Took the Helm

Cons

Do you have two hours to read my list!

Happy that I left

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people that I worked with were incredible. For the majority of the time that I worked at Xerox everyone cared about the products that we were producing and wanted the company to be successful. In the last few years, that started to change. It started to be about the bottom line, and nothing more. I had some amazing managers to learn from.

Cons

The employee morale was very low around the time that I left. No raises, no employee appreciation by higher management. If a manager wanted to show appreciation for their direct reports, they had to pay for it out of their own pocket. I saw where long time employees were laid off and then hired back as contractors. Just a general disrespect for the workers.

Employees should be treated like assets instead of expenses.

Train Wreck

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some very knowledgeable and professional colleagues who don't deserve to be treated like a warm body. There are some people who care if we actually sell something or deliver what we sold. But that is very few and far between. That's about it for pros.

Cons

Upper management views the customers and the employees as a necessary evil. No ethics to speak of anywhere. Technically have not kept up with competition with changes in marketplace and offerings. Run as fast as you can.

Get rid of them all from top to bottom, especially anyone who is directly related to the old ACS regime. And they are everywhere unfortunately.

Pay for technical support employees lower then non technical employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tigard, OR

I have been working at Xerox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a job it pays somewhat

Cons

The pay for non technical employees is higher then the pay for technical employees. Non techs get paid 10.00 per hour plus incentives while techs get paid 9.60 per hour and actually have to troubleshoot and fix the issue of they can if not the schedule the store appointments. Honestly it's not fair to the techs to be paid less and have to do more then the other non tech people and usually you get a raise with other companies after 90 days but with Xerox no raise at all is bs plus they tell you that you get referral bonuses for the people you refer but you don't get the full amount and they tax the bonus instead of giving you cash or a nontaxed check for it.

Pay your technical advisors more and give them the benefit of doubt that they actually know what to do and if they are having a problem maybe it's because they can't find the answer for the customer and you should actually stop pretending to help and actually help most of your employees are good hard workers but get stressed or worn out with having absolutely no help and the idea of sending someone over for a handle time is bs all that does is make the advisors irritated and annoyed because they are trying to do their job and can't because you have people bugging them when they are helping a customer

Like working on the Titanic

Current Employee - MPSE in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - MPSE in Portland, OR

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Its over! The transition to services led is natural since no one was interested in buying the inflated hardware.

Cons

Selfish managers who do anything to save their skin, but develop their people.

Enjoy trying to make your numbers when you're best people keep leaving and you're stuck with constant turn over.

The Colorado Springs location is ran like a frat party.

Current Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Workforce does an amazing job.

Cons

I think I need a bigger space! Everyone in upper management are best buds. All the way from the GM, to the Senior Op's Manager, to the entire Op's team. There is absolutely no professionalism on this site what so ever. I could go for days about this topic. The Op's team will curse and yell at the supervisors while we are assisting other reps and somehow this is exceptable. They play offensive music and refuse to change it no matter what. The supervisors yell at each other so loud that the reps have to apologize in their calls. Oh and my favorite is our jobs are dangled over our heads to keep us at the op's teams beacon call.

My advice to senior management is to value the management that put forth the effort to pull those metric you thrive to bonus from. A hostile environment will not drive results, it will result in fails. Your strategy has been to fire reps when they fail to meet those results, but you are just creating this cycle of doom. My advice is to get some management that understands professionalism. That understands that you praise on the floor and reprimand in private. That you value you work environment, and employee's....My God look at the filth you allow us to work in. It cool tho look at your princess tower.

Biggest mistake of my career

Former Employee - Security Engineer in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Security Engineer in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay on time and could be a good place for a college graduate to go for experience.
    Although the moral is very low throughout the company there are pockets of very talented people working there.

Cons

Incompetent management that believe that the way to succeed is to berate their people and over work them with no concern for their families or personal lives.

You have good people working for you. Give them a chance to succeed.

XEROX AKA ACS

Former Employee - Customer Care Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its a job and nothing more. If you are homeless and need a job apply @ Xerox. If you just got out of prison this might be a start new start for you as I had a supervisor who bragged he had a DUII conviction and was thankful for Xerox. An employer you want to work for if nobody else in this country will hire you. One more thing, if you like RAP music they play it full blast while you are trying to talk to customers.

Cons

No raises. Benefits are horrible. No holidays off and they recognize very few. If you get promoted to Supervisor for example, you will be fired a short time later in most cases. All call centers suck but this one is by far the worst in the country. They run craigslist ads everyday because more employees are leaving than staying and that is they way they like it..

Shut that center down and go back to the Philipines!

Worst Place I have worked in My Career...

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Short commute.
    Possibility to grow and transfer to other divisions within the company.
    Does not require much training or skills. Anyone can work there...

Cons

Easily way in - mass recruitment without regard to quality of hires.
    No strategy or succession planning - Growing depends on which managers like you, not on performance, hard work, and dedication. Lots of office politics and favoritism.
    Low pay without much perspective for substantial pay increase.
    Incompetent management and detached to employees' realities.
    Highest attrition rate with disgruntled employees leaving the organization.
    Organization does not value training as a mean for retention.

Revamp recruitment strategy to bring quality hires.
    Improve succession planning and introduce a meritocracy for advancement.
    Initiate cultural change and foster positive organization values.
    Train, Train, Train, Train workforce.