Xerox

Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.6 1,582 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros(in 97 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE(in 100 reviews)

• Most upper management have received salary increase over the last 6 years but staff has not(in 64 reviews)

1,582 Employee Reviews

Coaching and Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsXerox is a large company, but beside that poor management.

ConsNo IT help or management. Employees coming and going at a very high rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the supervisors awake and doing there job.

IT sweatshop

Account Executive (Current Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsSense of camaraderie between employees.

ConsThis is the IT sweatshop of our time. No raises in years, 80 hour work weeks sustained - a toxic environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementReassess your HR strategy.

Sinking ship!

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsWork remotely. Not micromanaged. That is all that is positive about this position.

ConsSub par compensation. Leadership doesn't value employees. HR is non existent. Benefits package is a joke!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will lose talent if you continue to take people for granted.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst place to work in the world (ACS now Xerox)

Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsManagement is so incompetent that you can basically get away with murder (not sure if this is a pro)

ConsManagement is incompetent
    no raise in 8 years (company wide for former ACS employees)
    20% pay cut after 14 year

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider listening to your employees, there's a reason the best ones are leaving in droves.

Avoid ACS-legacy portion of Xerox

ProsFlexbility to work from home. Once you leave, the pain and frustration of working there helps you enjoy your new employer.

ConsVery poor management, no raises for 9 years, layoffs, offshoring, insufficient staff/tools to service clients, losing clients, no work-life balance, too many conference calls (all day, early morning, nights, weekends). There is zero respect for employees; whom are reminded often that they can be relaced easily. Management focuses on this quarter's numbers. When the numbers are not where they need to be, look for unpaid furloughs, so be prepared to live without a week of salary in March, June, September and December. Oh, also expect to work extra hours those months because of the furloughs.

If you are in sales, expect high pressure; especially at quarter-end. Also plan on calling your prospect on an hourly basis asking if they have signed the contract yet.

Management has poor ethics, at times promoting behavior that is clearly not legal.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour talented staff has left, is working on leaving, or has mentally checked-out. You need to take responsibility for the working environment and engage/reward the employees. Cutting costs further will only lead to more client defections.

Service Delivery Manager

Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsAbility to work from home and be with family. Good online tools and training. Nice coworkers.

ConsNo raises, no bonuses, furloughs and lies from upper mgmt. Complaints to Sr management lands on deaf ears. Most concerned w the bottom line at the expense of their US employees. Upper management works US employees so hard and no rewards.

Advice to Senior ManagementXerox HR Services is going to collapse unless you invest in your US employees.

Not Great...

Services & Solutions Executive (Current Employee)

ProsThere are some really great people that work here. Pretty flexible schedules, and the ability to control your workday.

ConsInternal processes are absolutely terrible. Too many agents and partners saturating the market. Too many people have been there for a long time and are very set in their ways. Training was a joke.

Just like all other 3rd parties

Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosschedule but even then you get burnt out

Conswhen they bought sprint center in charlotte no supervisor knew what was going on.

Advice to Senior Managementthey won't listen

EMPLOYEES WORKING FOR XEROX ARE JUST A FOOT NOTE

Claims Associate (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsI appreciated their commitment to the HIPPA regulations concerning customer's medical information. They were also extremely industrious when it came to improving the claims processing.

ConsFour years without a raise. When they let my department go it was not in a face to face meeting but over the telephone. After they realized the new system wasn't ready and the jobs couldn't be sent over seas there was an emergency meeting and they demanded we stay on or loose our severance, not once but twice.. Lack of communication with employees. Management is not playing with a full deck.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou better start focusing on the pay issue I have noticed a number of employees/ex-employees are not thrilled with the lack of pay or raises.

Poor Work Environment

Transaction Processor (Former Employee) Richmond, KY

ProsIf you don't have a job, some money is better than none.

Cons12+ hours some days, 2 hours others. No consistency. Like to say that you can make more money if you work hard, but isn't entirely true. Poor communication. No advancement opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn and understand what your employees do on a daily basis.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!