Xerox

2,149 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns
1,113 Ratings

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 118 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 96 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

Xerox Indirect agent

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

The people you meet. I met a lot of great people

Cons

Horrible experience with company no room to grow

You guys don't care about your employees

Very unprofessional and disorganized

Current Employee - Customer Care Advocate in Castleton, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Care Advocate in Castleton, IN

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Working with some of the members

Cons

Poor trainining which has made it difficult for me to do my job correctly

Hire professional, mature, employees from top to the bottom that has some class and integrity.

Working at my location was horrible!

Former Employee - Level II Customer Service Representative in London, KY
    Former Employee - Level II Customer Service Representative in London, KY

I worked at Xerox

Pros

The pay was good there.

Cons

The supervisors are horrible, they act like they are still in high school. They work you non stop begining of the month. The place is not family orient at all, they simply just done care.

Upper managment get your stuff together and go to the london ky location and clean house!

Unprofessional and disorganized, bad managment.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Xerox

Pros

The offices are on the top floor and when you look out the windows the scenery is very pretty, and the janitorstry to keep the place clean. A nice cafeteria downstairs.

Cons

Some supervisors care about us but most seem like it is their first job supervising anyone. It is hard to blame them though because when I heard them talking about their managers it seemed like they are told treat us like animals. We had to (required to) work overtime as so many people quit. The building had to be sprayed for bed bugs several times! Even with all of this, we were treated as if we were worthless, but they kept telling us how much we were valued.

Go back to school or back to being a CSR and learn what you are supposed to be doing instead of thinking that just because someone made a mistake and gave you the job that you know what you are doing because with everyone quitting you obviously don't.

Don't do it

Current Employee - Client Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I literally can't think of anything other than name recognition on my resume.

Cons

Sales training is not nearly sufficient enough for what you will be doing. Too many processes to count to complete simple tasks. More red tape than any other place I have ever worked at in my life - it is almost impossible to help your clients when something goes wrong. Benefits are not good and base pay is even worse for what you are asked to do. Management doesn't care about anything but how many sales calls you make a week and what your sales outlook is for the quarter. Don't walk - run away if you receive an offer.

Stop focusing on how many sales calls were completed each week and maybe focus on training/coaching your employees on what they are selling.

Xerox/ACS

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Xerox full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, "Consistent" Schedule, and co-workers.

Cons

No real opportunities to really advance in company.. ACS does stand for always changing something. The rules do change almost daily or have a new twist on them depending on the department or the supervisor you're under. I was hired on under the impression that I would be making 60k+ a year, have premium health coverage, and have at least a week off of PTO after training. I have yet to receive the salary, benefits, or the week off. That is the exact opposite of what I am getting now for ex. 20K a year base, 1200 dollar deductible on insurance, and literally if you miss anytime at all even if you don't request for the PTO, because you have received ATO they still apply it to that day.

Please don't let the lower management threaten the employees of job loss, and please stop giving round about answers to your employees. BE STRAIGHT FORWARD! We like that! Also don't ask us to come into make up the hours that we miss if you're still going to point us, especially if you take our PTO...

customer service

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

its a job they hire everyday seem like

Cons

management show favoritism not a nice place to work

Management need to be more professional

A once great company which continually produces increasingly unsatisfactory results and has forsaken it's employees.

I worked at Xerox

Pros

When Chester Carlson began Xerox many years ago, it was a top notch company to work for and was well respected in the business community. There were a lot of pros as an employee then. Slowly, medical benefits were reduced, profit sharing replaced with diminishing value stock options and salary structures reduced and raises decreased to a minimum level. Retirement benefits have also been eroded over the years. I was once very proud to say I worked for Xerox. But no longer.

Cons

Poor employee morale fostered by the reduction of salary ranges, elimination of salary increases and elimination of company benefits. Long term employment seems to be a thing of the past. Leadership appears to not be concerned with the quality of the personnel hired and continues to make excuses for poor performance results in all areas of the company. The company never paid any attention to the innovative designs and ideas that came out of the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), which includes the GUI otherwise known as the graphic user interface that we all use everyday in our laptops and computers.

Stop the emphasis on what you can get out of the company during your short tenure in office. Place the emphasis on what you can do to get the company out of the hole it keeps digging itself in. Broaden your horizon and stop depleting the company's resources for your own benefit. Take charge and full responsibility and accountability of the company's performance and results. If the performance is not there and if the results are not there, then your salary should not be there. Too many CEOs, past and present have become wealthy at the expense of the company. I speak only the truth. History will support my opinions.

Does not care about low-level employees

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Supervisor
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Supervisor

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Medical benefits were decent. Employee discounts were great.

Cons

No raises in four and a half years of employment. Was finally offered a merit increase my last year there, of a whopping 1%, but by the time my manager submitted evaluations (which he submitted ON TIME), they rescinded merit increase offers for everyone except management.

Company does not offer stock options, or matching of any kind for 401k.

Premiums on benefits increased every year but came with different insurance companies with worse and worse coverage.

Severance package was great. Laid off employees would have to apply for unemployment benefits, and Xerox's severance would bring the total up to what they were being paid while still employed, for a given amount of time depending on how long someone had worked for the company. On top of this, they provided job placement services through a third party, which helped me find my current job. Unfortunately, severance packages apparently went against Xerox's practices of treating employees like dirt, so they discontinued them in 2014!

Upper management made it very clear to my entire branch that our years with the company meant exactly nothing to them at all. Our branch turning a profit was meaningless when upper management shifted said profit to entirely unrelated branches, which caused our branch to be in the red, and is the reason it is now closed. All of this was done not to please shareholders, or increase the company's profits. It was done to ensure that our FIVE "vice presidents" didn't lose their six figure jobs for being completely incompetent. If imaging services is still around in any form, I would highly recommend someone take a good long look at their bookkeeping. Overall, I would recommend at least trying to pretend that employees mean something to you other than an annoying expense you have to have in order to even be a company at all.

Customer Care Specialist

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Starting pay for this position was competitive

Cons

Raises have been none existent
    Benefits aren't great