Xerox

2.6 1,367 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

1,367 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work/Life Balance - Strict 9-5 job, with the opportunity to work from home"
    in 76 reviews
  • "Great work/life balance; being able to work from home, etc"
    in 34 reviews
Cons:
  • "No raises or bonuses in the last 3 years, longer for others who have been there longer"
    in 66 reviews
  • "Upper management do not have a clear strategy nor do they communicate it well"
    in 54 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A company that doesn't treat their employees well or cares. Just work, work and then work some more.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsSome of the people who work for the company are nice.

ConsThe company tends to run the employees on the production floor like they are robots. The pay is inadequate to live on; new information introduced almost daily with no training; employees are given unrealistic goals to try to attain with little to no support. The company expects you to work mandatory overtime everyday and still asks for more overtime. Pay is based on surveys and other almost unattainable goals. The facility is not properly cleaned on a weekly basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like they are valuable. More training! Provide a corporate identity that actually cares about the value that employees can contribute. Treat employees like they can contribute something of value. Create an atmosphere that enables the development of employees. Trained and happy employees will want to contribute superior customer service.

30+ years and glad to be gone

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsChallenging work, but too much of it. Strong (if compelled to be micro) middle management team in some departments.

ConsSenior Management seems clueless. Everything is managed to cut costs. Benefits are reduced each year, the cost of those benefits increases and salaries have not risen in six years. Retiree benefits are far worse - basic Medicare Part B is significantly better (and far cheaper that what the Company offers). The bottom line (almighty, it seems to management) is that they care minimally about employees while there, not a whit once they are gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are not a commodity to be procured cheaper, cast aside when a bit worn. Consider understanding what your goals are, beyond meeting the Street's expectations for the next quarter. Actually care, or pretend to, about those you need, if undervalue, to keep you going.

Something wicked this way comes

Operations (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf there are no other jobs available anywhere and you are strong willed you can probably suffer through it.

Conswhat's less then 1 star? The company has the worst of everything including but not limited to health insurance, dental,401k,training and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally!

No future

TSR (Current Employee)
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsColleagues and customers are all that keep me here.

ConsNo salary increases for a decade.
Benefits are shrinking.
Talented people are passed over for creepy "yes" men.
When a well educated, business savvy individual is "leap-frogged" by an uneducated, uncouth, incompetent liar, you know the business is in trouble.
Profligate waste is rampant, while the core front line employees are "nickel and dimed" to death.
Unethical reporting and manipulation of numbers is causing untold damage.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the bullies, stop the harassment, treat people as people and fairly. Realise that people who say yes are no use to you, the people who ask the difficult questions are the ones you need.
Following the current strategy is a "going out of business" model. Stop wasting money on endless meetings, lean six sigma projects and moral breaking schemes. Take a serious look at the ROI on these efforts and you will understand just how much damage is being done.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

YOU LIVE AND LEARN

Claims Processor (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Xerox full-time for less than a year

ProsThe department is laid back. Regular dress code can come in your PJ's if you wanted to.

ConsNo training, No organization, Management sucks. The pay is horrible. These are contracts and they don't allow the employee to know when the contract expire. And once it does you do not just get another position. You have to apply all over again.

DO NOT WORK FOR XEROX HEALTHCARE(WHICH USE TO BE ACS)

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that have been managers before. That have the training and skill to manage.

Worst Company Ever

Security Analyst (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsGood parking with all the free coffee and water you want.

ConsXerox is the worst company I have ever worked for and they don’t care about their employees or their customers – just the bottom line. There are some employees that have dedicated over eight years of service and have never seen a single pay increase. The ethics and standards that they claim to have are far from the reality of the workplace. They have made drastic cut backs and expect the ones that are left to take on the additional work by working longer hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team lacks any type of management or people skills. Management would get a much better response from their employees if they weren’t always threatening and belittling people.
There is no such thing as a work-life balance with this company.

They do no care about the employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSome positions get to work from home.

ConsEverything else, from the upper managements down.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your people, maybe your company will be great again someday.

Disappointing

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMy co-workers are very intelligent people and are easy to work with. Working from home is really nice especially in bad weather.

ConsNo raise in 6 years. Workload increases are ridiculous. Upper management doesn't care about its employees. They lay people off without regard to their lives and only care about their multi-million dollar bonuses. Middle management is overworked and beat up about their numbers constantly. Customers used to be the focus but now profits are king.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a lower bonus, throw the people doing the work a small percentage now and then. Morale across the country is miserably low and you're going to lose a lot of valuable people, you won't realize it until they're gone.

Corporate Message--"You Should Be Happy You Have A Job"

SBU (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe best reasons to work at Xerox are "people". There are many that are very good and genuinely care. Working virtually is a pro although Xerox enjoys many financial benefits of me doing such.

ConsNo pay raises for many years. No incentives or recognition. No chance for advancement. Sr. Management in place are chosen by their association, not skill-set. Reorganizations take place every year causing process and people to reset back to zero and start over re engineering best practices. Benefits are horrible and are high deductible plans only. Layoffs a regular occurrence. Message from a senior manager "You should be happy you have a job."

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace CEO. Stop managing costs on the backs of the employees. The strategy will come back to haunt you. Cut CEO and board bonus' until employees are given pay raises and compensated fairly. If employees do not become a priority, the good ones will leave and the bad ones will be left behind impacting the overall company revenue and stock price because they cannot perform.

All you are is a number.

Boise, ID

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsAt least you get a small paycheck, full time work, with horrible benefits. Fortune 500 company, makes me wonder how they stay afloat. I think it's only because there are not that many choices in Boise.

ConsDisgusting location, sub-par compensation, all you are is a number. They couldn't care less about you as a human. Very poor morale, very low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay at least market rate. Work on becoming an employer of choice. Instead of employer of last resort.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns. All 1,367 reviews posted anonymously by Xerox employees.