Xerox Reviews

2,297 Reviews
Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns
1,169 Ratings

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 118 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 96 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 36 reviews)

The Yukon location is a horrible place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service - Technical in Yukon, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service - Technical in Yukon, OK

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Pay check arrives on time

Cons

The people they hire, the pay, the horribly unkept facility, the stupid restrictions on employees

Advice to Management

Hire better people

2. Awful! Training was poor at best...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Xerox full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None, I can think of.

Cons

If you want to feel like you are back in High School with screaming kids, nuisances, and disrespectful individuals and this is the place to go... Their standards are very low, anyone can get a job here. I quit on the second week of training. It is impossible to concentrate in the training room because of the constant noise and carry-on. They must recruit from the local mental asylum judging by some of the carry on and some of the recruits. One little girl liked to scream in the elevators. It's too cliquey in the classrooms. You will be left bewildered as they rush past the actual work, the rest of the time you will sit doing nothing waiting for something to happen. Oh and it's $9 an hour. Pity I didn't find this board and read it before I signed up with them. It's all true.

Advice to Management

Quit, leave it someone who knows what they are doing.

3. Customer Care Representative

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Cary, NC

I worked at Xerox full-time

Pros

My last manager prior to leaving the company was great!

Cons

Xerox, formally Affiliated Computer Services could be a decent place to work if the company would realize that employee morale is essential in the success of the business. Xerox has to realize that if it weren't for the bottom lined employees (customer care reps) handling the needs of their clients (in the HR sector) that the business would fail. Personally, I worked at the Cary, NC office for 6 years. I departed in 2014 earning the exact same salary as i did when I began in 2008. I received 1 "promotion" or should I say "lateral move" during my tenure at Xerox which of course came with more responsibilities however no salary increase. The company clearly has absolutely no care or concern regarding it's dedicated employees.
    Health Insurance
    The health insurance options were astronomically high however the coverage levels were a complete and utter joke. Thankfully I was able to only cover myself however I spoke with other employees who had families that were paying almost $200 every 2 weeks for little to no coverage at all. The cost of medical benefits seemed to increase every single year, however there were no increases in salaries.
    BREAKS & LUNCHES
    employees were allowed two 15 minute breaks (paid) and a 30 minute lunch (unpaid). In instances of high call volume, managers would actually cut in half, or many times cancel breaks and/or lunches in the attempt to meet service level. This tactic was geared 100% away from the well being of the employee. If there are more calls coming into the office, this will clearly have a negative effect on the employee....however they still managed to take away these times for breaks without question.
    When I finally found a position outside of the company, I was able to increase my salary by 42% in the blink of an eye however I couldn't recieve a mere 1% during my tenure with the company.
    PROFESIONALISM
    Certain clients within the company would offer it's employees "pajama days". These were days that the employees could come into the place of business wearing the clothes that they go to bed in. This is in no fashion professional. Allowing a pajama day will not increase employee morale, however fail treatment and pay will.

Advice to Management

Stop being so micromanaging where it's not needed.

RUN AWAY NOW.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lacey, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lacey, WA

I worked at Xerox (less than a year)

Pros

It's a job, they will hire you right off the street.

Cons

You are a slave to the phone. Manditory overtime everyday. Not enough training. ABC pay is a glorified excuse for them to rob you of your pay. Management doesn't care about you. Seriously, if you are considering working here, turn around and walk away. It's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Get rid of abc pay.

Unproffesional

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

the company offers a set schedule

Cons

nothing is what it seems full of lies and deceit and unorganized also management doesn't have the proper training and their is no room for advancement

Advice to Management

treat your teams better and get better training

customer care representative

I worked at Xerox full-time

Pros

Hours were flexible, sometimes. Unlimited overtime if you wanted it

Cons

Most Supervisors were to young and inexperienced. They refused to help when they should. Company was unethical and treated employees very disrespectful.

Advice to Management

If you pay more, treat your employees with respect and don't promote people that are clearly not good with people, are to young and are only promoted because there numbers were good because they weren't actually helping people. Your employees would have more respect and you might keep your clients.

"Escalations" Supervisor

Current Employee - Escalations Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Escalations Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

There are none, except the people you work with

Cons

No room for advancement unless your sleeping with certain people, friends with or related to certain people. If you kiss enough butt, you may get a chance. Find any reason not to pay. Never heard of a Supervisor getting the same pay as the other entry level employees. ABC pay is a joke and a way to keep from paying people. Rules and regulations change on a daily basis, nothing is every consistent. Never can get clear cut answers to questions that are asked. Constant refusal to discuss anything that has to do with more pay or clear cut job description.

Advice to Management

Get your act together! Start paying people based on their job description.

Horrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Madison, MS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Madison, MS

I worked at Xerox (more than a year)

Pros

Set schedule, no weekends (depending on area)

Cons

Management, lunches/break, pay is trash

Advice to Management

Find new management

Supervisor

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Xerox

Pros

-Opportunity for growth due to horrific retention rate.
    -If I could rate this 0 stars I would.
    -Look forward to a disheveled, nauseating, overall disgusting work environment if that is something you enjoy.

Cons

-Hands down worst company I have ever worked for.
    -Management only cares about themselves.
    -High school favoritism theory from a management to supervisory stand point.

Advice to Management

-Stop caring about filling your pockets with money and care about your employees.
    -Take time from your "busy" day to understand why the attrition rate is so bad and stop leaving at 2pm everyday when support is needed.
    -If I were Ursula Burns I would honestly be embarrassed to represent this location.

Quality Assurance Analyst

I worked at Xerox

Pros

Great people, work at home option available to most

Cons

Micromanaging at an all time high, disorganized environment, favoritism, no room for advancement, poor communication, lower level agents do far more work than senior employees, outsourcing, trainers don't know have the knowledge base required needed to set new hires up for success

Advice to Management

Let your employees know you appreciate them, don't micromanage, have respect for your employees, more communication, treat all employees equally