Xerox Reviews

2,236 Reviews
Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns
1,144 Ratings

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 118 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 96 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 36 reviews)

1. Worst experience of my life working for a racist, unorganized, trash company that is going down so don't work here!!!!

I worked at Xerox

Pros

The other people you work with are in the same crappy situation as you so you help each other out a lot and become close.

Cons

Management is racist as hell!!!! If your black work for this company, you'll be golden. You will never get a pay raise, no pay raise in last 6 years.

Don't be management, you are horrible at it and that's why most of the management gets changed so often.

2. not good place too work

I worked at Xerox

Pros

they have good benefits for people

Cons

racist to a certain point

3. This is a most disorganized company with wrong people in wrong positions

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Webster, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Webster, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good working model, good customers, lot of business requirements

Cons

Wrong p

Bad mangement, bad practices, bloated process

If you cannot manage products or people, please do all of us a favor and just leave

5. "Highly below expectations...If you are a professional, you need not apply."

Current Employee - Customer Care Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Assistant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Assisting Medicare members with the receipt of their medications. Point. Blank. Period.

Cons

The environment is an utter joke. You feel as though you are walking into a club one day and the next, into a zoo of obnoxious individuals who find every possible way to not do their job. As far as for advancement, it is solely about "who" you know and not "what" you know. If you have a complex question, those who are supposed to offer guidance and a ready solution run around with their heads cut off...

Next time around, hire those who actually have the certifications, experience, and common sense to be "leaders" on your production floor. I have never been so disgusted with an employer as I am with Xerox.

6. Working here was extremely frustrating, as pay was based completely on customer satisfaction.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lacey, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lacey, WA

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees were great, middle management genuinely wanted you to succeed.

Cons

As a call center for a corporate telecommunications company, hands were tied on being able to help a lot of customers.

7. Orlando Fl call center , The most backwards company i ever worked for DO NOT APPLY to this place RUN !

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Xerox full-time (less than a year)

Pros

40 hrs , no face to face customer relations

Cons

No training , equipment never works properly, files not updated, yelling and screaming medication deprived senior citiczens, blonde bimbo running the place, not paid correctly , lie about job description during interview , no personal belongings allowed , management not trained correctly, hrs not recoreded correctly , late pay

Take a look at your site director shes doing the work of 20 people and refuses to hire anybody to help her. TRAIN your employees correctly , more important train management correctly to help employees. Worry less about hold times and more about knowing what you are doing . Morale is extremely low ....if this is what you want than congratulations .

8. Poor leadership today.

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

It used to be a good place to work

Cons

Poor Leadership of the company

Stop promoting people who think just like you do. Begin with the end in mind, ou're employees are your greatest strength and you're nothing without ethics. It can't just be all about profit.

9. In short, a joke.

Former Employee - LNP Agent in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - LNP Agent in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Xerox full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Something to do as a last resort if you're desperately unemployed.

Cons

The first thing that smacks you in the face is how the company DOES NOT trust you. Management treats everyone like criminals and middle school dropouts while on their campus, which lacks class in a supposedly corporate environment in and of itself. Our two weeks of LNP Training (which we went straight to) consisted of a first week of practically wasted time focusing on customer service instead of software and policies, which was a mistake because we had no training environment. Despite shadowing, once we went live, even those who had been on the floor for a while either bull$41773d the customers on more difficult calls to get their handle times down or gave them some bs info/transferred them. Some callers came to me after 8 transfers from other departments. In reality hardly anyone knew what was going on, possibly because of the high turnover rate in all departments, but probably also due to shoddy training.

Supervisors. Sigh. Many were decent in LNP - better than what was found customer service from what I heard, by far, but one was unacceptably rude and rolled her eyes every time anyone bothered her with a question.

10 hour work days are no fun, especially at $10/hour regardless of overtime and how well you did on your surveys.

Your company values suck. Try paying a living wage. This is Seattle. I've read Ursula's interview's and how she's stated, paraphrased, "I will pay $10/hr as long as there are people willing to work for that wage, and when they aren't, we'll just pick up shop and move it somewhere else." Ursula is funding a 1st world sweat shop when there are much better, classier call centers in our very area (providing 110% thorough training, personal headsets, actual cafeterias, breaks when you need them, list goes on). Everyone should boycott this dump of an organization. When you know better you do better.

10. Poor Structure and Disorganized Management with under qualified staff

Current Employee - Supervisor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to work overtime between October through March.

Cons

This list is extensive...First, the people hired at this location (Green Rd) in Raleigh, NC are subpar employees with no work ethic, makes it extremely difficult to manage. The management team is all over the place and not organized, the group is not structured, there is a lot of back and forth and communication and updates change at any moment. The turnover rate is very high, talented people don't stay here for very long, expect to walk back into an environment that you would find for a job that only requires a high school diploma at most. Pay raises/bonuses are non-existent.

Hire qualified people to do the job, don't call them Pharmacy Technicians unless they are actually Pharmacy Technicians (registered with BOP), treat your employees the way you want to be treated. And give the good talent in the company a pay raise or incentive so you can retain them.

11. Terrible experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was okay as long as you were productive. 2 weeks vacation a year. Better than being unemployed and starving to death (I guess).

Cons

Treated like a slave. Company enjoyed terrorizing it's own employees. Every year works things just got progressively worse.

Treat people like human beings and not like pieces of equipment. Employees and managers don't have to enemies.