Xerox

Updated Jul 31, 2014

2.6 1,610 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE (in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services) (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights
1,610 Employee Reviews

Company has changed for the worse over the years

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) Webster, NY

ProsThere are a lot of smart and quality people working at Xerox. Work/Life balance is pretty good depending on what area you work in.

ConsLeadership is lacking and moral is terrible. Raises have been on hold for quite a while and changes to salary grade levels have made advancement and career path very unclear. Company goals are very short-sided and management style from top down is very impersonal. Changes needed but management seems very disconnected form the pulse of the workforce.

goood

Prosgood place to work for

Conscould train us better but its ok

Good place to start in IT outsourcing.

Information Management Specialist (Current Employee) Kraków (Poland)

ProsGreat atmosphere at work.Friendly people.

ConsCompany prefers to hire new people instead of giving fair opportunity to its imployees. Main problem - promoting people giving them miserable raise.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

contractors' point of view

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some great ways to find out what's going on in the company - the internal website, for example. But generally there are a lot of meetings and seemingly endless bureaucracy to get anything done.

ConsThere have been so many layoffs, people who have remained are overworked, doing the work of several people. It's difficult to find out who is responsible for what.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeekly one on ones are great, but don't make promises that cannot be delivered (ex: saying you will be hired as FTE). When there is a downturn, contractors are the first to go.

It was a horrible job. When I tried to post out of the department, I was always told my experience was not acceptable.

Transaction Processor (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsYou would only work at this division of Xerox if you had no job opportunities available to you elsewhere. You should enjoy opening mail, sorting mail, and keeping up with production. Benefits were excellent when CIGNA Healthcare took over the healthcare aspect of the job in late 2013.

ConsGood company - BAD Management. The man that was promoted to supervisor let the position go to his head. He did not like older employees and was on their backs every day. The supervisor started out seemingly wanting to be your Team Member to help you; then, he would have no time to discuss matters with you.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be more Team oriented and keep the drama down in the division.

Xerox - great start

LEO (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Pros+ Great place to start your career
    + Good work/life balance
    + Great team !
    + Good self-learning tools

Cons- No pay reviews,
    - Cuts everywhere,
    - Management not encouraging employees to stay

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your team, there are people here with potential - if you will not invest in them, someone else will.

Business Services Division is not people and contract oriented and may leave some ethics questions

IT Services (Former Employee)

ProsGood for non-performers - they can fade into the wood work for quite a long time before being weeded out, if ever
    Xerox has put forth an effort to raise the bar on benefits
    Lots of opportunity to work remotely since the duties are spread across the globe - also a drawback when it can take mountains to get the smallest things done

ConsCompany is highly matrixed with inadequate HR managers, resulting in lack of responsibility and accountability.
    Does not leverage it's massive global workforce toward obtaining best benefits packages, rather falls victim to being swayed easily by providers who want to limit benefits such as requiring extra fees for carrying a working spouse on a health plan.
    Cutbacks every quarter -instead of shedding unprofitable businesses and contracts, all within Xerox take cutbacks, jeopardizing the best performing workers, contracts and customers.
    Partnering on Obama jobs plan but ultimately sending more jobs overseas by contracting vital positions to a 3rd party that is primarily offshored.
    Managers have to justify why a position must be filled with a US citizen.
    Upper management prefers hiring in this order of preference: offshore, an offshore worker brought onshore, American worker - this would not be out of the norm except these are government contract services that are being fulfilled - American tax dollars are being used to subsidize positions that are lost from the American work pool and placed overseas.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear top management positions and start over to fix the culture, value the people and repair the customer relationships. The business will follow along with you if your foundation is a good one.

On the outside looks great but the on the inside its a mess

Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) Henderson, NV

Proscompany values , compensation

Consno work life balance , no way to move up, no enthusiasm for the project or the scope of the job that as reps were to handle.

Good place for starting.

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Blanchardstown (Ireland)

ProsNice environment to work. Easy job. No preasure at all.

ConsLow salary and no increases at all. Lack of development into the IT world.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much to say. Some good, some bad ... as everywhere.

Sweatshop that expects more and more from employees at the same time cutting staff.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFirst job, or you desperately need a job. Co-workers were great and most of the people I worked with were enjoyable.

ConsYou are expected to work all of the time if needed. Even during your time off such as nights, weekends, holidays, and vacations.
    There were no raises for over 5 years and the annual layoffs created more and more work. The attitude around the office was depressing and most of the people I worked with were looking for other jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you keep laying off the workers at the company, in the end all you will have is management. You cannot offshore all of the work and you cannot keep getting rid of the older employees who have all of the business knowledge.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!