Xerox

2,072 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns
1,081 Ratings

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 118 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 96 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

Quality Company

Former Employee - Senior Client Executive in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Client Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Xerox

Pros

Good place to work. People are social and culture is deep.

Cons

My company was acquired and I was caught in the reduction in force program.

Realize there are many good performing employees that are lost in these cuts. Consider reaching back to them for future employment and use the skills and talents they possess to further grow the business.

Hard work on the ground level can't fix the major problems with management.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Xerox as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Strictly speaking from the Business Analyst position in San Francisco with Xerox's Fastrak:
    1) The people working around and below the Business Analyst level work long hours and still reasonably positive and helpful.
    2) The work environment is positive and inviting.
    3) Some people are in fact trying to improve the system.

Cons

As I can only speak from the Business Analyst perspective, in San Francisco, and within Xerox's Fastrak, I will keep it in that range.
    1) Management at the levels I interacted with (including office managers and the QA department in particular) have high expectations, but do not provide the resources for it. Oftentimes they will say something is ready/done/usable , ie. reports or reporting methods) and it is not the case or it has so many errors that one ends up reporting bad data.
    2) The facility, machines, and networks they use are slow and absurdly messy. Tasks that should take 30 mins, end up being all-day affairs. In order to tie up loose ends, they expect workers to stay over-time.
    3) Fastrak (this department of Xerox) has not been profitable for a couple months now. For this reason, coupled with their tendency to over exaggerate, management is willing say large numbers for compensation, which later becomes clear they have no intention to follow through on.
    4) They don't even have coffee or paper towels in the kitchen for their workers. Even a homeless shelter has coffee.

Run far away

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Xerox

Pros

I can honestly say for a paycheck and overtime (you might not get paid on time) happened to me twice causing hardships. Takes a week for them to cut you a check when they FORGET to deposit yours. Needless to say don't set up auto draft for bills or you will be sorry.

Cons

The Charlotte, NC location has a prison mentality. The building has the look of cell blocks on the inside. (There is no guarantee you will get paid on time)

Management should not try to make a easy job so hard on employees and supervisors. There is unreasonable expectations put on employees like mandatory overtime and mandatory shift slides at times with less then 1 day notice. The supervisors
    are expected to handle adjustments, escalations ,and take regular calls at the same time. They are yelled at by management if they ate unable to comply with the unreasonable demands. Since Xerox took over for Sprint monthly bonus potential dropped by $1100 that's a life style change. I would not recommend this company unless this was your last resort and you don't mind charity work.

Always available if you need a job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

There are several projects you can work for, and you get excellent customer service experience.

Cons

They pay is not worth it. You only get promoted if you are well liked rather than job performance.

Visit your sites more often.

not good

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

good bonus structure, nice people in general

Cons

constantly reducing workforce (RIFS), unequal wages between those with the same title, rife with cronyism

stop hiring family, buddies, friends, etc. it hurts business.

Former long time employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

I worked at Xerox

Pros

I met a lot of great people and am grateful for the experience that it offered. Good starter job.

Cons

Salary was very low, even after years of loyalty and hard work.

If you want to keep employees you need to offer better pay and a better work environment

awesome

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

love this company. great people and staff. pleasure to be in the office

Cons

really low pay, now benefits, no expense accounts. awful

need higher pay

Pays decent but get boring fast

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Anderson, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Anderson, IN

I have been working at Xerox full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, plenty of hours, paid training, benefits

Cons

Mandatory overtime means no personal life, incredibly repetitive, it gets boring fast

There needs to be more floor support. It hurts confidence when a rep needs help only for the supervisor to be impatient because they have to many responsibilities elsewhere.

Very Disconnected / No interest in your career goals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Decent hourly pay
    Insurance / benefits
    People are friendly

Cons

Training was a complete nightmare. No computers until our QC week. Last minute changes all the time
    Tons of powerPoints for training = boring
    Very limited PC / hands on practice
    Huge Lack of communication. Example my supervisor and HR solutions NEVER returned any of my emails in my first 4 weeks in the job?
    They throw production goals at you but never follow up on your success or need for improvement?
    Management is not in the same page about anything
    Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) all give you different answers when asking for help

Stop over hiring and show interest in the employees that work hard and show up to work.
    Start hiring professionals with strong work ethic

Disorganized

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Immediate supervisors are pretty easy to work with and understand when you have to be out for a brief period of time. Lots of great people working there as well.

Cons

The upper management cares way more about quantity of work than quality. When you get hired in they tell you that you hardly ever have to work overtime. Sure enough, two weeks into the job they have us working mandatory overtime and we've been working mandatory overtime every day for three months.