Xerox

Updated Jul 31, 2014

2.6 1,610 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE (in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services) (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights
1,610 Employee Reviews

It allowed me growth opportunities.

Team Leader (Former Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsBenefits were fair. The people were friendly.

ConsBad choices of management. Lacks training.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers.

Two year xerox associate/account manager

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsDepending on what agency you work for this can be variable but my agency and agent owner are great. We get great support - in terms of longevity things are drastically changing in the print industry. The business is different every year with technology advances and paperless and scan functions, may be obsolete soon enough.

ConsFuture outlook - shaky for the industry in general
    Tons of competition make sales very difficult even when you've identified opportunity
    Must be self motivated and hard to keep up since the commissions are so small considering the amount of work

Advice to Senior ManagementCut some support staff and amp up salaries and commission percentages for better reps, this way we can afford to stay

Review of old ACS sector, not traditional Xerox. If you are looking to move up quickly and not as concerned about pay.

Systems Development Manager (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsThere are a lot of opportunities to move up in the company for those that are hard working and capable.

ConsOld ACS division. It's an outsourcing company so there is a lot of offshoring and low budgets.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecisions need to be vetted with lower managers instead of made without full insight.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay, ample opportunity for theoretical bonuses.

ConsStressful work, outdated technology, seemingly inept technical staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the times.

One of Choice

ProsHigh Basic Salary
    Work Balance
    Near malls

ConsLow Allowance
    Health card not good
    n/a

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to evaluate benefits.

My first 9 years were good but the rest were not. Part was due to the economy and part to the idiot sales force.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits in the beginning.

ConsNo compassion from higher management

Company has changed for the worse over the years

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) Webster, NY

ProsThere are a lot of smart and quality people working at Xerox. Work/Life balance is pretty good depending on what area you work in.

ConsLeadership is lacking and moral is terrible. Raises have been on hold for quite a while and changes to salary grade levels have made advancement and career path very unclear. Company goals are very short-sided and management style from top down is very impersonal. Changes needed but management seems very disconnected form the pulse of the workforce.

It was a horrible job. When I tried to post out of the department, I was always told my experience was not acceptable.

Transaction Processor (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsYou would only work at this division of Xerox if you had no job opportunities available to you elsewhere. You should enjoy opening mail, sorting mail, and keeping up with production. Benefits were excellent when CIGNA Healthcare took over the healthcare aspect of the job in late 2013.

ConsGood company - BAD Management. The man that was promoted to supervisor let the position go to his head. He did not like older employees and was on their backs every day. The supervisor started out seemingly wanting to be your Team Member to help you; then, he would have no time to discuss matters with you.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be more Team oriented and keep the drama down in the division.

On the outside looks great but the on the inside its a mess

Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) Henderson, NV

Proscompany values , compensation

Consno work life balance , no way to move up, no enthusiasm for the project or the scope of the job that as reps were to handle.

Business Services Division is not people and contract oriented and may leave some ethics questions

IT Services (Former Employee)

ProsGood for non-performers - they can fade into the wood work for quite a long time before being weeded out, if ever
    Xerox has put forth an effort to raise the bar on benefits
    Lots of opportunity to work remotely since the duties are spread across the globe - also a drawback when it can take mountains to get the smallest things done

ConsCompany is highly matrixed with inadequate HR managers, resulting in lack of responsibility and accountability.
    Does not leverage it's massive global workforce toward obtaining best benefits packages, rather falls victim to being swayed easily by providers who want to limit benefits such as requiring extra fees for carrying a working spouse on a health plan.
    Cutbacks every quarter -instead of shedding unprofitable businesses and contracts, all within Xerox take cutbacks, jeopardizing the best performing workers, contracts and customers.
    Partnering on Obama jobs plan but ultimately sending more jobs overseas by contracting vital positions to a 3rd party that is primarily offshored.
    Managers have to justify why a position must be filled with a US citizen.
    Upper management prefers hiring in this order of preference: offshore, an offshore worker brought onshore, American worker - this would not be out of the norm except these are government contract services that are being fulfilled - American tax dollars are being used to subsidize positions that are lost from the American work pool and placed overseas.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear top management positions and start over to fix the culture, value the people and repair the customer relationships. The business will follow along with you if your foundation is a good one.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!