Xerox

1,954 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns
1,030 Ratings

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 118 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 96 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Place To work!

I have been working at Xerox full-time

Pros

Good Advancement if Qualified, growing business in some sectors

Cons

Winter drive can be a little trying

Disappointed and Dishonored

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Webster, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Webster, NY

I worked at Xerox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Basic entry level opportunity to know BPO industry
    Opportunities to explore various products and services
    Can build communication skills
    Regular full time work

Cons

No long term incentives
    No career advancement
    Poor compensation
    Dishonest recruiting methods
    Superficial behavior used to convince job applicants of accepting undesirable jobs
    Mean HR reps
    Rigid onboarding process
    Hostile work environment
    Bad leaders

Prepare for future closing of your kingdom unless you build you business model, strategies, and culture on sound, moral principles that satisfy everyone. Your competitors Concentrix, Sutherland, Dial America, and CallVista have multiple problems that will not go away. You are the furthest behind them.

a company going downwards

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has a relaxed working environment. The employees are in general well respected. It is easy to take care of your family.

Cons

The business environment for the company is harsh. The printing industry is going down wards, and the transition to other business is difficult and painful.

Buck Consultants in transition

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomous working environment where you can create your own opportunities.

Cons

You have to make your own opportunities. No formal mentoring process. No one is looking for how to help you succeed. Lack of resources on the West Coast across all practices. Investment in Principals who promise to bring in more client work, but they never do. Meanwhile, Director level and below works like dogs. Virtual working environment that lacks the systems and disciplines to support this model. Left alone to create new opportunities, but can be second-guessed. Business process systems cumbersome and a real mess sometimes. Lack of consistent bonus structure or meaningful professional development opportunities. Pressure to never say no. Typical to be expected to take on so many projects you work 70 to 80 hours a week for five or six months. Not sustainable. Constant back biting among leadership. Not professional. Disappointing behaviors.

I think Xerox management is recognizing business system weakness and is rolling out new initiatives to address the cumbersome business systems. Proof will be in the outcomes. Truly need to focus on career paths and formalized professional development. Need to define the vision for Buck. Need to create an environment where it is easier to define work loads so even up to the Director level people are not working 80 hours a week for half the year. These unrealistic expectations are why I am looking for a new employer after eight years. Every year it promises to get better, but it never does. Instead, the more you succeed, the more is expected of you.

All you expect from Xerox and less

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Relaxed working environment, good caring colleagues. Decent benefits (but not great and getting worse) and good work/life balance. The organization is large and it has lots of interesting business lines one might be interested getting involved with.

Cons

Generally political, mediocre management. Few true leaders with vision and ideas. Most managerial work is focused on smoothing earnings to manage Wall Street expectations (the primary focus of the CEO), even if that has meant mediocre servicing of clients. Few advancement opportunities without getting involved in lots of politics.

Spend less time obsessing about how to prop up the stock price and focus more on developing good solid business based on competence and innovation. Institute a culture for talent and creativity, and reduce the bloated and useless mid management. Last, but surely not least, understand that employees are the blood of the company, not an annoying expense on the balance sheet.

Jobs going off-shore...

Former Employee - SQA in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - SQA in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Back in 2000 management supported R&D effort and cared about employees.

Cons

Recent years focus on services and eliminating R&D and whatever is left is being off-shored.

Quality of engineers are not equivalent therefore costing more than meet the eye. Need to evaluate the actual cost of doing business off-shore.

OK..

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great learning environment on Medicare info!!

Cons

Not very professional, attire, supervisors, etc..

Better pay means quality work

Customer Service Engineer working for 20 years.

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They pay more than the competition. Everyday at work is completely different than the day before. They provide modest transportation to do the job.

Cons

The company is shifting to third party service in many states which do not pay as much to the employee. In addition the third party benefits packages are twice as expensive. The company is not actively backfilling the retiring employees positions. Many employees feel like they will be let go from the company for lack of machines to work on.

The company should be up front on the direction of the business.

The experience is okay.

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

The environment is laid back. There is room to grow in the company and opportunity to make more than the base rate.

Cons

Low pay and inconsistent work hours at times due to mandatory hours during peak times for the company.

Good company, overall

Former Employee - Client Associate in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Client Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in a casual environment without managers that hover. I was trusted to do my job and keep our client satisfied.

Cons

I got stuck into a position that I didn't get hired for. I started as an admin assistant. I was assigned to a new position for business politics' sake. I made the best of it.