Xi3 Reviews

Jason Sullivan

1. Great small company ... great product ... fun people

Current Employee - Information Technology Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Information Technology Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Xi3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Xi3 now for over a year. It's a small, close-knit family from the managers to the staff. We work hard on our products, and it's been very satisfying to be able to go directly to the CEO with ideas (I haven't worked anywhere else where his office was 30 feet down the hall!).

I enjoy working with my direct team especially, and my manager is very laid back. The environment is work hard and play hard. I've put in long hours at times, but my manager has my back and I appreciate that when it is needed (for my family).

Cons

Sometimes I'd prefer less meetings. I guess you get that at every company, but I find myself itching to get back to my desk.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see the CEO spend some more time over with us in our department ... kind of difficult I know, but since he developed our products, I'd love to pick his brain and get a better idea of how he thinks. You're a smart guy, please spend more time with us!

Surprised they lasted this long

I worked at Xi3 full-time

Pros

The co-workers and managers were awesome, I met some of the best people I know here

Cons

CEO. Honestly I liked everyone who worked here except for this guy. He was horribly dishonest, childish, and often downright mean. It was common to have my work interrupted by the CEO screaming at another employee. Business practices were shady at best.

Advice to Management

For those of you hanging on, best of luck to you, but if you're expecting to get that promotion, big raise, or wait for the promised big cash inflow, stop. It's not coming.

Designer

Current Employee - Designer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Designer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Xi3 (More than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros for me to elaborate on

Cons

There are way to many too write about

Don't be fooled by the 5 star reviews, they had the hr department put them up as there are so many horrible reviews

Current Employee - Technology Solutions Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Technology Solutions Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Xi3

Pros

Nice building - Wells Fargo in downtown SLC

Cons

Don't be fooled by the 5 star reviews. The HR department is doing damage control as they can't find anyone to hire. Do you notice how they has all horrible reviews and bam - a load of 5 star glowing reviews....very suspicious. . Management has been placing them and telling other people to write them after hearing about the horrible (and truthful) reviews that are being written about this company. Everything they tell you is lies. Great benefits??? THERE ARE NO BENEFITS...YOU ARE A TEMP EMPLOYEE AND THEY DON'T TELL YOU THAT UNTIL AFTER YOU START. The CEO fires people are a whim he doesn't have a clue on how to run a business. A start up should not be in a building where the rent is 60K a month. They don't have the money to buy the hard drives to put in their computers and the company they buy them from won't give them credit. If you do apply for a job here, get everything in writing. No holiday pay, no time off accrued because you are not an employee. You have to pay for any health benefits through the staffing company that hires you as you are their employee, not Xi3. This is the most deceitful company I have ever worked for. The whole thing is nothing more than pyramid scheme.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people and stop having your hr department put the phoney 5 star reviews on this company to lure the innocent in.

Don't be fooled

I worked at Xi3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They told me sales reps usually earn $75K/yr or more easily.

They told me about the perks - the paid time off, the healthcare, the gym membership, etc.

They told me the company was taking off like a rocketship, the products are awesome, and the future was bright.

Cons

What they didn't tell me:

When you first show up for work, you find out that you are actually working for a temp agency, not for Xi3. You get no benefits. No paid time off, no health insurance, no commission, no nothing. A complete deception. They tell you that if you behave and do well, then in 3 months you will get promoted to being a "real employee" with benefits.

After 3 months they told me no, you haven't earned it yet. After 6 months they told me sorry, please be patient, things will get better soon. I found out that other people have been working there for over a year and still are stuck as temps with no benefits. Not a shred of honesty to be found anywhere from management.

And as a temp, you get no parking pass, and no keycard to access the 12th floor where the offices are. This means each morning you have to wait at the ground floor and wait for one of the "real employees" to come down the elevator and bring you back up. I guess I should be thankful that at least I could go the the bathroom and back when needed without being escorted!

They also didn't tell me the products are flaky and have serious reliability problems. They overheat, the fans routinely go bad, and they even crash if you touch them with the slightest carpet static zap (they try to tell customers that's a feature, not a bug - LOL). No surprise it's hard to get repeat business from customers at all with this scenario.

The place seems to be in a freefall now. Almost everyone they've ever hired has either been laid off, fired or left on their own. The layoffs and firings happen often, and without warning. One gets the sense the business is in real trouble, and the management is just not up to dealing with it.

Advice to Management

Stop being dishonest with your employees and customers.

Beauty is only skin deep

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Xi3 full-time

Pros

I've learned a lot while working here. The city view from the 12th floor is pretty nice. The pay checks haven't bounced (yet).

Cons

Breathtakingly bad management, ethics, and business practices. Constant lying to customers, suppliers, investors, and employees alike.

Things have got so bad that management has now taken to writing fake positive reviews here on Glassdoor, to counteract the genuine ones which are mostly negative. Just scroll through the reviews and you'll see what I mean. The fake ones are pretty easy to spot.

That's just a small example, but it's typical Xi3 - always trying to hide reality and put on a false glamorous image. And it's very indicative of the management style and climate here.

Advice to Management

Honestly? You should do what I'm doing and look for another job while there's still time.

The biggest problem with this company is the one you'll find in the corner office. And apparently that's the one problem that is impossible to fix.

This ship is taking on water in a big way. Get out before it sinks.

Read carefully

Former Employee - Worker in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Worker in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Xi3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many decent co-workers, nice office, nice location. It's great working downtown where you can walk to so many restaurants - the only downside of that is paying for parking.

Cons

Staggering turnover. No one seems to last here. Salaries are well below market. Product has had teething problems and is overpriced for what you get.

Advice to Management

My advice to anyone considering working here: read carefully through ALL the reviews first. If you have to sign up on Glassdoor to see all of them, it's well worth it.

What you will find is a long, consistent pattern of negative reviews over time - until - just recently and all at once there suddenly appeared a boatload of glowing 5-star reviews heaping praise on the company and the CEO.

If this doesn't seem fishy to you, then you might just fit in well at Xi3.

Lead generation specialist review

Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Xi3 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people, small company with potential

Cons

Cold calling although it helps build a skill set not all people have

Advice to Management

Make sure to deliver a quality product

Toxic and depressing work environment.

I have been working at Xi3

Pros

Nice building but that's it

Cons

Bad management with horrible business practices. the CEO is just as bad as all the reviews say he is. If the company is around for another year I would be very surprised.

Advice to Management

get the CEO out and stop lying to employees, customers, vendors and everyone you come into contact with.

Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Xi3

Pros

Co workers are great to work with

Cons

Upper management is absolutely horrible

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as they should be treated

RSS Feed </> Embed