Xi3

Updated January 25, 2015
Updated January 25, 2015
2.3

Jason Sullivan

Spicy and Exciting Challenges!

I worked at Xi3

Pros

Creative management style -- combines a lot of room for independent action and personal growth with loyalty and accountability. Hard work is noticed and rewarded. Coworkers are great and work environment is very laid back with great perks. Products are innovative and exciting. Client base is genuinely motivated to buy.

Cons

Strategic changes in business directions can sometimes catch employees off guard. Being in the tech industry means a lot of fast paced changes and sometimes we are caught in the lurch between conflicting goals. Some managers fail to get the message and miscommunicate.

Make sure to communicate decisions clearly down to the front lines and keep the message simple and straightforward. Sometimes it can be confusing with multiple versions of the message and the strategy.

Take a chance and be noticed -- Small company with great potential

Former Employee - Lead Gen Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Lead Gen Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Xi3 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Challenging and fast moving. Loyalty is rewarded. Take the initiative and you can be noticed.

Cons

Location is tricky (downtown) if you need to carpool or pay for parking.

Lead generation specialist review

Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Xi3 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun people, small company with potential

Cons

Cold calling although it helps build a skill set not all people have

Make sure to deliver a quality product

Toxic and depressing work environment.

I have been working at Xi3

Pros

Nice building but that's it

Cons

Bad management with horrible business practices. the CEO is just as bad as all the reviews say he is. If the company is around for another year I would be very surprised.

get the CEO out and stop lying to employees, customers, vendors and everyone you come into contact with.

Sales

I worked at Xi3

Pros

Co workers are great to work with

Cons

Upper management is absolutely horrible

Treat your employees as they should be treated

Wish there was an option for ZERO stars

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Xi3 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great location downtown SLC. Tons of restaurants within walking distance.

Cons

EVERYTHING. No upward movement within this company. CEO loves to hire people and lay them off. Constant revolving door of new employees, and he wonders why his business is failing. After 3 years of blaming the sales staff, he may want to point the finger at himself. Just a suggestion.

Step out of your own way.

Great experience for the committed salesperson

Former Employee - Technology Solutions Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Xi3 as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Work environment is great--fun and challenging sales floor with a lot of energy. Play hard and work hard. Products are innovative and exciting to potential clients. CEO Jason Sullivan comes up with amazing ideas and implements them--clients love the new product lines that come out.

Cons

This is not a sales position for someone who isn't self-motivated. Leads are sometimes provided, but self-prospecting and mushrooming accounts are expected. Training is adequate, but you are expected to review product specs and understand them even if you aren't a techie--you are selling to CIOs and technology buyers who will understand these products better than you so be prepared. If you aren't a self-starter you aren't going to make it; no one is going to hold your hand. Pay is lower than might be expected for a comparable position, and you are responsible for parking. Compensation potential is there, but requires high volume sales.

Develop and listen to middle managers who work with the sales floor. They have their fingers on the pulse of the company.

Commitment, hard work & loyalty are rewarded at Xi3

Current Employee - Premier Partner Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Premier Partner Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Xi3 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant minds have often been misunderstood, and Xi3’s CEO Jason Sullivan is no exception. Jason is a true technology visionary who sees the future of technology long before the market even knows what it wants or needs. You certainly can’t fully grasp Jason’s vision during a single session with him—it unfolds over time with repeated exposure to his ever-expanding thinking. With our CEO’s visionary leadership, I’m confident the future is very bright at Xi3. While some may say our CEO and his management team don’t care about their employees, my experience has been completely the opposite. I joined Xi3 grateful for the opportunity I was given to come in, work hard, demonstrate my loyalty and prove my value to the company. Because of the “investment” I made in Xi3, Jason Sullivan has reciprocated by taking a personal interest in my wellbeing, helping me climb out of a deep financial hole in a way that few, if any other employers would even dream of doing. Because of the dedication I’ve demonstrated and the trust I’ve developed during my nearly three years with Xi3, the management team has recently placed me in a very exciting and unique position working full-time on-site at one of our key accounts. I am proof-positive that dreams can and do come true at Xi3 for those who fully commit themselves to the company.

Cons

If you want a lot of hand-holding or need constant direction, you won’t thrive in this environment—Xi3 rewards highly motivated, self-starters who make things happen. If you have an entitlement attitude you will be sorely disappointed—Xi3 retains and recognizes those who are grateful for the opportunity they’ve been given and make the most of it. If you’re looking for a get-rich-quick opportunity with little effort on your part, you’ve come to the wrong company—Xi3 is on a long-term journey to the top of the computing world where the big picture can be pretty spectacular for those Xi3 employees willing to work to make it to the top.

Stay the course. Don’t listen to the naysayers. As Albert Einstein said: “Brilliant spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”

Great start up, when they hire me back on we will all be rich!

Former Employee - Technology Solutions Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Xi3 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The compensation wasn't high at first but the owner and CEO was willing to offer large commission bonuses for hardworking employees. I loved my sales manager, and the HR guy they were incredibly driven, motivational, and hardworking men who I admire and look up to.

Cons

The only difficulty came from a lack of experience company wide, and I don't blame anybody, for this, however, I didn't feel like I received the necessary training at first, however, I did feel like it motivated me to learn on my own the company inside and out, because I had to research and question everything on my own.

Hire me back on.

Great coworkers, terrible everything else

I worked at Xi3 full-time

Pros

I met some of the best people while working there

Cons

Terrible decision making by executives and upper management. You live in constant fear of losing your job without cause because you see it happen every day. The product is cool, but not well engineered and is too expensive to produce and still have a margin, so the revenue is lacking

Learn how to treat your employees. You get better productivity out of happy employees. Let your talented middle management make decisions and stop micro managing. Stop lying to everyone