Xignite

Stephane Dubois

Fun and challenging.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsExecutives give ample recognition
    Flexibility of hours and working from home
    Higher pay than average
    Fun culture
    Challenging work
    Mentorship
    Stock options

ConsIt is a really long commute for me. It takes an hour and a half each way in traffic.
    There is a lot of hard work to be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain a culture of little politics and high productivity.

Company is run by incompetent leaders

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf you live to San mateo or work remotely then its a easy company to work for - There are some good and talented individual employees especially in engineering, product management and sales but lack of vision has hurt this company.

Constoo many - incompentent leadrship. Commodity low margin transactional web services. Enterprise solution mostly a give away. Ample opportunity to slack if you buddy buddy with incompetent leaders. No Vision by leadership.

Xignite: A Growing Company with an Amazing Team and Expanding Products

Director of Online Marketing (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros- The most professional, highly skilled and experienced teams that I have ever worked with, hands down
    - Huge technological first mover advantage
    - Open office environment with access to all team members at all times
    - Support and understanding at all levels
    - Great work/life mix
    - Consistent positive team building activities
    - Good employee interactivity inside and outside of work.
    - Everyone at Xignite are true workaholics, must be an inherent personality trait to succeed
    - I personally LOVE working at Xignite, after a year, Im still excited for every day, which helps

Cons- None really, a great place for the right personality type
    - must be a highly skilled workaholic
    - everyone is 150% dedicated to Xignite, must share the same dedication to grow
    - The Financial Data segment is not the most exciting, but Xignite is the one spark of excitement in the space.
    - Its challenging to make global financial data "sexy", but the delivery model is truly unique, a saving grace.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep up the good work, don't lose sight of what makes Xignite a great place to work: openness, support, teamwork, innovation and dedication on all levels.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the "hottest" product, but definitely a market niche that is disruptive

Director of Sales (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros- Small company so changes you'd recommend are definitely heard and have a great chance of being implemented
    - Great market potential since main competitors' technology isn't flexible
    - CEO is fair and an expert in the financial services industry
    - web services plays huge in the current "cloud computing" topics

Cons- mainly transactional sales
    - the product isn't "hot" like CRM or enterprise social networking
    - product can be "commoditized"
    - b/c it's small, longevity in current economic climate could be a factor (as w/any small start-up)

Advice to Senior Managementsomehow make the product more "sexy"???

Commodity product, technology. Needs to distinguish itself from the rest

ProsThe work / life balance is sustainable. Good people, particularly in the engineering group.

ConsThe windows of opportunity for its basic products: data distribution infrastructure and financial market data, are closing in rapidly. Since they are dependent on commodity technology, the products and services can be easily replicated by existing and future competitors. Must devise a line of product with a long perspective of the marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovate, innovate, innovate.

Worked for Xignite? Contribute to the Community!