Xilinx

www.xilinx.com

Xilinx Reviews in Albuquerque, NM

Xilinx President and CEO Moshe Gavrielov

Moshe Gavrielov

Pros
  • Some flexibility in time keeping helps with the work-life balance(in 39 reviews)

• Still many good people working there and there's reasonable work/life balance(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • The values of honesty and transparency have been eliminated by senior management by making employees fearful(in 25 reviews)

• very poor work-life balance for some groups, while other groups have almost no work(in 11 reviews)

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

was a great experince

IC Layout Engineer (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

Prosxilinx was a great company to work for , the work place was nice, my co worker was one of the best people I work with in many years.

Consdon't have too much to said about downsides of working at Xilinx. Work load was a little much
    in the pass few years, but it was ok.

I used to be proud to work for Xilinx

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsCo-workers are good to work with and have for the most part been team players.
    We get to build a good product that I think still has great potential.

ConsNew goal system actually discourages teamwork. While it is intended to motivate you to meet your goals, the side effect is that helping others might lower your place on the curve. This would lead to less chances for raises and bonuses.

Top level management is out of touch with their employees. Xilinx used to be consistently one of the top ten companies to work for, now it doesn't even make the list. The attitude from the top seems to be one of little respect for the employees, their experience or skills. It seems the employees are considered easily interchangeable resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementStock value should not be the only consideration in how to run a company. Communicate more openly and honestly with the employees.

Good People can't live on thin air

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

Pros1) Intelligent, hard working employees
    2) The paycheck comes as long as you're here
    3) Some mid-management understands

Cons1) Can we ever recover innovation and faith in this company?
    2) Forced Bell curves are medieval. What are Moshe and his HR cronies thinking?
    3) Do they care or is this a moot point before the company wholesales to Singapore and India?
    4) Are they laughing at our whining while they flog good people to death?
    5) Pride in American technology and innovation?

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Moshe and his "yes men lackeys". Please, this company was built on the intelligence of fine people, innovative products, and great leadership. Just tell us when this will all be over and let us get on with our lives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's Dour

Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsGood pay and benefits.
    Good facilities.
    Good work/life balance if you're in the right project.
    You get to work on interesting, cutting edge technology.

ConsEveryone is wondering whether they will have a job tomorrow. The layoffs to prop up the profit margin have destroyed the once impressive Xilinx culture.

It sucks working with people 12.5 timezones away you can't understand on crappy IP phones knowing that they will eventually get your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will lose many once dedicated employees when the economy improves. So when that time comes (and it will), my advise to you is to stand clear of the doorway.

CREATIVE is just a legacy. Too many levels of management and a CEO who doesn't recognize the value in real creativity.

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsIt can be exciting working for the leader in programmable logic. Good pay, good benefits, nice facilities, and some really good people to work with.

ConsThe Xilinx culture used to stress "CREATIVE" values. This has fallen by the wayside and, as with most American corporations, the focus is now on cost reduction and outsourcing at the expense of company values. This is understandable in today's economy but the respect, comradery, and sense of community and creativity that used to make Xilinx stand out from other jobs has taken a more survivalistic turn and morale has suffered dearly. People seem to be protecting themselves and there is no longer a team spirit present. Xilinx is also very top heavy with too many layers of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess management, less outsourcing of internal systems such as annual reviews. More technical training availability - not just managerial training. Encourage and invite input from employees on technical issues. Less distance and secrecy between managers and employees. More clarity on goals and expectations. More feedback on job performance. More effective communication while at the same time fewer superfluous meetings. More attention to fostering an employee's individual talents.

Worked for Xilinx? Contribute to the Community!