Xilinx

Xilinx President and CEO Moshe Gavrielov

Moshe Gavrielov

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work !

Embedded Product Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
    Longmont, CO

ProsFlexible! Competitive Salary! Great benefits! Challenging! Work/life balance! Dynamic!

ConsNot many company events! Unexpected lay-offs!

Software Engineer Intern

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Longmont, CO

ProsGreat Mentor ship.Good work life balance.Beautiful campus.

ConsAverage Compensation.Need more challenging work. Stagnant growth.

In the business of helping other companies innovate, but internal processes are old, inefficient, and expensive.

Longmont, CO

ProsGreat pay, ability to work from home. Somewhat flexible work hours. ESPP, 401k matching, and health benefits are all great!

ConsDecisions are made in my department by senior managers who don't understand the customers' needs. Internal processes are slow, inefficient, and error prone, and therefore expensive. Things that can and should be automated are being done manually, requiring much more work than necessary. They won't replace people in my department when they leave, so we are now doing 2x the work with 1/2 the number of people.

Although the schedule is flexible, I often have to be available for meetings early in the morning or late at night because the development team is in India and China.

Layoffs are frequent and with no communication. It's frustrating to be working on a project with someone, have them not show up to a meeting, only to find out that they have been laid off. This has happened more than once!

The performance review process is a joke. Self assessments have no bearing on grade, and bonuses/raises are not given fairly. Profit sharing used to include everyone in the company, but now only goes to some employees based on review grade.

Work + work + work + work = burnout.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with, listen to, and respect your employees. We give you a lot of our lives; this isn't just an 8-5 job. Treat us with the professionalism you expect us to give you.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture prior to 2010- people first, creative work environment

Account Management (Former Employee)
    Longmont, CO

ProsStable technology - leader in their field

ConsCorp culture & profitibility squeezed many employees out of jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on workforce and indivitual growth for the companies long term stability

From one of the best100 companies to one of the worst

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Longmont, CO

ProsVery interesting people. First years - a lot of fun, discussions, exchange of ideas. Scientific seminars, learning. I felt that management was interested in people

ConsNo promotions, no growth, not even single "Thank you" for job well done. Focal review has become humiliation lesson. Often your effort is evaluated inversely proportional to contribution. People start to leave company in masses.

Advice to Senior ManagementSave old culture if you can

Never in my 14 year software/hardware career have I worked at a better company.

Sales Operations (Current Employee)
    Longmont, CO

ProsXilinx empowers employees, compensation is inline with market, CEO knows what he is doing. The product in the marketplace is gaining acceptance and maintaining dominance over our major competitors.

ConsMany employees have a "its not my job" attitude or feel entitled to their job for just showing up. Lack of formal training for new people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove business systems out of ops and IT and into the hands of the business people who use them.

Used to be a great company, now not so

Senior Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Longmont, CO

ProsSalary was top shelf, but has certainly leveled off.
    A leader in their industry.
    The company is profitable and has money to spend.

ConsIt is simply a grind. Do what you are told, hit deadlines, perform better than your peers, do it all again next review period. Do same thing next review period, except better. Impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent pace is unsustainable. Good people are leaving due to unrealistic work environment.

New software pushing company to death bed

FAE (Former Employee)
    Longmont, CO

ProsEstablished business, but shrinking slowly. Good profit margin. decent salary for semiconductor industry.

ConsExtremely political environment. Lots of internal conflicts and clouts due to poor quality new software being pushed out to customers. Good people are let go. Company spent hundreds of millions of dollars and trusted some incapable people to develop it. Now it is struggling with the mistake and punishing the customers by forcing them to adopt new software that is not complete or stable, and is worse than old one. Instead of focusing on necessary areas, company spent big money on this useless piece, while the competition is surging ahead in key areas.

This will finish the company..

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on customer needs. Focus on employees.

The best of times and the worst of times

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Longmont, CO

ProsStill many good people working there and there's reasonable work/life balance. The pay was pretty good for top performers. Working there under Wim was the best experience of my career. The products are good and exciting to work with.

ConsCorporate culture was completely trashed by Moshe and the managers he brought in. The company that Bernie built and Wim even improved upon has been ruined for its employees and customers. The culture that is pervasive now is one of politics and back stabbing. The values of honesty and transparency have been eliminated by senior management by making employees fearful. Speaking up will get you fired in the next round of quarterly layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice I have is actually for the board, because I don't believe that Moshe is capable of fixing the problems he's created. Bring in someone who can drive innovation while maintaining respect for employees and customers. Employees who fear their leaders are not more productive, but rather less.

Excellent internship with a great mentor!

Chipscope Intern (Former Employee)
    Longmont, CO

ProsVery high tech environment with lots of smart coworkers. Open Source tools and Linux workstations are also allowed! The work environment felt productive, fun, and collaborative. They have a great selection of food in their cafe.

ConsThe complexity and learning curve for some of the ISE tools was pretty steep starting out. In my brief time there, I had enough time to learn just the basics.

Worked for Xilinx? Contribute to the Community!

Xilinx – Why Work for Us?

All Programmable and Smarter Systems For more than 25 years, Xilinx's (NASDAQ: XLNX) core competency has been the development of programmable technologies starting with the introduction of the first FPGA. Today’s… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xilinx reviews and ratings in Longmont, CO — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Xilinx CEO Moshe Gavrielov . All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Xilinx employees.