Xilinx

Xilinx President and CEO Moshe Gavrielov

Moshe Gavrielov

155 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Inexperienced and bad managers destroying 20 years of value

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsOk salary and profitability. Ok work-life balance.

ConsVery incompetent and inexperienced management team in PPG running the show. People are used as step stones for these almost-corrupt folks to climb higher and higher. It is surprising how they keep fooling the highest management. The rank and file are filled up with goof-up and hush-up guys.

There are admins, and then there are bad admins on high heels with management dsesignations. And then there are the swollen face employees. Do yourself a favor. Get some other job that pays you 10-20% less, you will be happier. Unless you are of the above type.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust leave and never come back. The company needs a complete overhaul.

I had a good experience working At Xilinx.

Sales Operations (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsVery bright group of people to work with.

ConsDirect communication seems to be a stumbling block for this company. It is not perceived as a positive thing and as a result, too many meetings, not enough clear decisions and actual plan of action.

Advice to Senior ManagementSay what you mean and mean what you say.

overall an excellent company to work for, this is not an average place to work, expect to put in your total work horse.

Senior Product Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsPeople, environment, opportunities, facilities and training for its employees.

Consnone, work-load and expectation are higher than usual

Advice to Senior Managementnone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great technology, good salary, bad work life balance and terrible upper management

Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsXilinx has some outstanding talent and cutting edge technology. If you are single, enjoy really complex and interesting problems to solve and don't mind insane workloads, this place has some interesting opportunities. Compensation is good for the area as long as you don't divide by the number of hours actually worked.

ConsThis is no longer a culture of open and fun innovation that anyone can participate in. Shareholder returns rule everything. Management pushes engineers on insane schedules burning out even the best of the best. There is a frequent "raise the bar" reference from upper management which means great work will be punished by tightening the thumbscrews on your next set of goals.

Management appreciates "Yes" men and quietly removes those that disagree or voice other opinions. This corporation is a perfect Peter Principle case study with a lot of the promoted incompetence weighing down from the senior director and above levels. Upper management does not value employees and treats them as expendable.

This is NOT a good place to consider for employment as a software engineer if you are married, have outside commitments, or generally expect a life outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a complete U-turn and focus resources on employees, not kissing shareholder behinds. You may be surprised how this actually converts into a nice long term return on your investment. This company is capable of far more than it is achieving if you simply invest big time in your employees. There is a very good reason the CEO approval rating is so low, go understand why and fix it.

I've worked here for 10+ years. Used to be good place to work but morale has taken a dive in the last couple of years.

Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsIf you are a "yes" man there is opportunity to move up in the corporate ladder. The managers and VP's in my department don't like disagreement.

ConsThe company downsizes regularly. Employees create projects to look busy, Managers are clueless and lie to hit goals. Morale is at the lowest I've seen in my 10+ years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a course on business ethics

So far so good

Principal Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

Pros1. At Xilinx we have access to the latest technologies in the industry. The race with our major competitor cause both companies to invovate.
    2. Simulation and verfication first methodology. Not proof by test chip mentalty.
    3. compensation is reasonable (Given the trajectory of the stock).
    4. Good benefits.

Cons1. Slow decision process. Decisions made by commity.
    2. Big companies often we have too many meetings. Xilinx is no exception here. Spawns from decision by commity
    3. No on-site gym

Advice to Senior Managementstreamlining the decision making process would provide Engineering with more time to deliver better products.

technically competitive, tight schedules

Staff Design Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsGreat learning experience and top notch team

Constechnically aggressive and intensive work schedule may pose difficulty for people who are not used to it.

It is an OK company

San Jose, CA

ProsWork Life balance has always been a Pro at Xilinx. Employees treat each other with respect. Compensation and benefits are ok.

ConsThe focal reviews that take place every six months create unnecessary sense of competition that ends up working against teamwork and culture. There is also no focus on employee career development.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on employee career development

good balance between wrok and life

San Jose, CA

ProsThe company has innovative products.

Consrecently adopted half year review process sucks. It creates unnecessary turn over.

so far.. so good.. i am enjoying my tenure here

San Jose, CA

Prosever changing decisions and last minute changes to plans

Consgood management in-spite of issues

Worked for Xilinx? Contribute to the Community!

Xilinx – Why Work for Us?

All Programmable and Smarter Systems For more than 25 years, Xilinx's (NASDAQ: XLNX) core competency has been the development of programmable technologies starting with the introduction of the first FPGA. Today’s… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xilinx reviews and ratings in San Jose, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Xilinx CEO Moshe Gavrielov . All 155 reviews posted anonymously by Xilinx employees.