Xpanxion Reviews

Reset
3.4
Paul Eurek

1. Great Place to Work with Some Small Growing Pains

I have been working at Xpanxion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility and freedom in completing your daily work. You are surrounded by a lot of very smart people that you can go to for help or to learn something new from. Fun environment with lots of options for the sometimes needed "downtime" (Netflix, Video games, ping pong, darts). Room to grow if you are willing to wait for results and don't except "instant" advancements.

Cons

Communication between offices and from the headquarters to the offices could use some work; however, this is true for a lot of companies I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Make decisions from the top down and make sure everyone is on the same page. When people hear different things from different levels of management it can he hard to know what is the correct information.

2. Great Growing Company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Kearney, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Kearney, NE

I have been working at Xpanxion

Pros

Great opportunity to be a go-getter and make things happen in the company. You get back what you put in. Rural location. Small commute, Relaxed work environment

Cons

Relaxed work environment Pay is not as competitive as it is in larger cities, although work is performed for global clientele.

Advice to Management

As company is growing, it is transitioning and learning more about it's identity. Management is growing in this regard, too. Management is great and is on a good track to transform Xpanxion into a greater company than it already is.

3. Not a Good Personal Experience

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Xpanxion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are in QA, the training program could be very helpful. There are also video games to play, and a ping pong table.

Cons

These are my personal feelings, and may not reflect the experiences of others, or the overall work atmosphere at Xpanxion. However... It seems to me that Xpanxion does not care about anything except billable hours. Some employees are overworked and stressed, others are bored and under-utilized. If the client is happy, management does not care if the employees are not. My concerns were given lip service, and then subsequently dropped. It was my experience that productivity takes a backseat to culture. Management seems perfectly fine with someone who comes in to play ping pong and video games as long as they bill eight hours of work. For some people, this works just fine. Those who would rather work in a peaceful environment are punished, and end up in meetings with HR. Additionally, I feel that management does a poor job of listening to the concerns of their employees, because if the client is happy, then there is no reason for them to address these concerns. They also change their rules, even after agreeing to things with their employees. I know certain rules were changed on me at least three times. The rules are also not consistent between employees. Some employees are allowed to do things that others are not. It seems that the rules are applied on a case by case basis, based on popularity. Xpanxion could be a great place to work, if you fit their mold. But if you do not, you will probably end up very unhappy. My advice to individuals considering a job at Xpanxion is to think about the work environment you like. If you want a lighthearted office culture that values fun over productivity, this might be a good place for you. But if the thought of being hit in the eye with a NERF dart while trying to solve a difficult problem does not sound like a great time, you might want to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your employees. Just because the client is happy, does not mean that it is OK if your employees are unhappy. Happy employees do better work, and provide a better product to the client. In the end, our job is to provide the client with the best product possible, not simply to keep them happy so they will pay the bill. Blow your clients away by providing exceptional work, not something that is just adequate.

5. Horrible experience

I worked at Xpanxion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rural environment and where I lived was nice. I also met some pretty good people during my time there.

Cons

Stressful projects and I never felt like my manager was completely honest with me. Most of the time all I got from them in terms of a response was "I was fine", which apparently wasn't the case since I'm terminated.

Advice to Management

The communication between the managers and employees was horrible. I felt like I was left in the dark on a lot.

Lead QA

Former Employee - Lead QA in Kearney, NE
    Former Employee - Lead QA in Kearney, NE

I worked at Xpanxion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

* Great place to start your career * Good people to work with, very friendly * Rural employment * Support for initiative

Cons

* Rural attitude in the rural offices - this could be a pro depending

Advice to Management

* Give teeth to management * Give teeth to process * Offer Self Paced Training * Clarity of Process

Great place to work

I worked at Xpanxion full-time

Pros

Great clients to rotate through. Local companies only.

Cons

Bonus is "false advertising". There's no way to ever get more than 50% of the advertised bonus because the targets are impossible to achieve.

8. Great company

I have been working at Xpanxion full-time

Pros

Good company, personal growth and perks

Cons

I havent found any yet.

9. Overall

I have been working at Xpanxion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great office culture, training, career path versatility and promotion

Cons

There are no cons to employment here that I have experienced.

10. Excellent company, awesome place to work!

I have been working at Xpanxion full-time

Pros

Great culture and people. Lots of learning opportunities.

Cons

Nothing bad to say, I've had a great experience.

11. upward mobility..I don't think so

I worked at Xpanxion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is one of the few tech companies in rural Nebraska and Kansas

Cons

The only way to move to a different area is to teach yourself the required skills. There is no company training to help an employee move to a different role. In order to move up the ladder you must be a person who brags about what you do and how well you do it. If an employee gives 110% but doesn't brag about their accomplishments then that person is overlooked and thought not to have enough skills to move forward. Compensation is horrible for the amount of work and the skill set of the employees.

Advice to Management

Management should consist of people who know how to run companies not just people who can create an application and test it.

RSS Feed </> Embed