Xpanxion

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul Eurek

Overall

ProsGreat people, great office culture, training, career path versatility and promotion

ConsThere are no cons to employment here that I have experienced.

upward mobility..I don't think so

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is one of the few tech companies in rural Nebraska and Kansas

ConsThe only way to move to a different area is to teach yourself the required skills. There is no company training to help an employee move to a different role. In order to move up the ladder you must be a person who brags about what you do and how well you do it. If an employee gives 110% but doesn't brag about their accomplishments then that person is overlooked and thought not to have enough skills to move forward.

Compensation is horrible for the amount of work and the skill set of the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should consist of people who know how to run companies not just people who can create an application and test it.

Excellent company, awesome place to work!

ProsGreat culture and people. Lots of learning opportunities.

ConsNothing bad to say, I've had a great experience.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very poor, bad company for any employee if you don't fit their mold

Software Developer (Current Employee)

Prosnothing good to say, good culture IF you fit their mold

Conseverything from no relocation assistantce to no severance pay- they take people on with a 90 day no fault give you the boot clause, have you relocate with no assistance and then no advance warning they are thinking of terminating you

Advice to Senior Managementdon't hire people and then boot them with no help, makes you look like the biggest jerks ever

Startup feel, awesome opportunity, cutting edge tech in rural Nebraska and Iowa

Manager (Former Employee) Kearney, NE

Pros-CEO is an exceptional salesman with a great vision of leveraging rural IT talent.
    -Very supportive and positive environment.
    -As much room as you can imagine to invent, grow your skills, and solve problems as long as you meet the client needs.
    -Talented friendly people eager to help you be successful.
    -Great locations if you are looking to get away from the hustle of a larger city. Ames, IA and Kearney, NE offer 15 minute maximum commutes with no traffic, great schools, and great food.
    -Managers are very flexible with work life balance needs.

ConsAs in all consulting/services companies you are a slave to the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore dedicated leadership committed to growing the talent of associates and preventing attrition is needed.

Ok

Software Developer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsWork culture is friendly,
    People are good (depends on your manager as everywhere)

ConsLimited projects are available
    Stagnancy if you don't keep up to date yourdself

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency

NIce Company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood culture.....People are very helpful
    Learning Opportunitites

ConsNo cons as management is really supportive

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing really good

Manager

ProsGood work life balance
    Technology projects

ConsDoes projects only in Chicago. Expanding beyond Chicago could definitely add more to the growth!

Advice to Senior ManagementGood

An excellant organization to learn and test one's abilities

QA Engineer (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood technical work. In fact better than many large organizations. Challenging assignments and hence there is a lot to learn and sharpen the skills.

ConsSmall teams hence sometimes you are on your own. But the seniors in the organization are willing to help. The focus seems to be on the teams in US. Hopefully it should change.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that challenging assignments keep flowing in.

Xpanxion -Pune- A GREATTTTTTTT company to work with and grow along with it

(Current Employee)

ProsA company that values people and always keeps the needs of the employees on the forefront. I had joined this organization as a fresher and can gladly say that this is THE Company. There are mulitple reasons for me to continue to be associated with Xpanxion. It gives me the freedom and flexibility to voice my opinion with Sr. Mgmt and I have personally seen my feedback and opinion being acted upon positively. I have got exposure as well as support to work on various niche technologies and the company has a very good policy of allocating 2.5 hours of work time for personal and professional development per week. I was able to upgrade my skills and I am currently working on some cool features for a product company who is our esteemed client. I get to interact directly with client, which provides me an opportunity to hone my client facing skills as I aspire to get into a Technical Project Manager role eventually. The management takes a serious view on teams sitting late and ensures that the associates are able to maintain a better work-life balance.
    I think the greatest example I can quote about the greatness of this company is where employees quit Xpanxion but returned back to join as they felt that they missed the "Personal Touch" in the new organization they had joined.
    I got to go now as I am preparing for a demo and pretty excited about conducting this demo for the client.

ConsAs with all companies Xpanxion is not a perfect company. There are opportunities for improvement and that is where I reach out to our Senior Management for providing suggestions. There are constant changes in policies and procedures and processes but I think that is a sign of a growing company as changes are inevitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think we have a great management team. I am able to reach out to them whenever required and so far they have taken great care of me.

Worked for Xpanxion? Contribute to the Community!