Xsigo Systems

Lloyd Carney

Senior SW Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Xsigo Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good working culture. Knowledgable people.

Cons

I don't have any cons to post

Nothing worth having comes easy

I have been working at Xsigo Systems

Pros

Cutting edge technology. Product continues to amaze customers with its simplicity in solving complex problems. Good growth and in a very hot space (datacenter, cloud). Opportunities abound to get involved on a wide range of projects and responsibilities.

Cons

Xsigo is a fast paced environment. Expectations of workload are high (as they should be). Small companies ask a lot but offer a lot in return.

Communication throughout the organization is a key ingredient to success. Employees want to know what's going on, what to expect and what not to expect.

Would turn you off ever doing another startup....

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Xsigo Systems

Pros

really really awesome engineering. Some really great folks, working really hard.

Cons

As good an engineering is, sales and execs are as bad. Really disfunctional. Hurting any chance product has of ever really going anywhere.

Leave. Never manage again. You are probably very good at something. Management is not it.

Growth company in hot space

I have been working at Xsigo Systems

Pros

Well managed. Good investors. Hot space. Lots of potential.

Cons

Still early. Must keep executing.

A Goundbreaking Company in a Rapidly Emerging Space

I have been working at Xsigo Systems

Pros

A very talented team producing the next hot data center technology. It is rare to find a company on the ground floor of something that has true potential to grow big, but this is it. The technology will become pervasive in enterprise data centers, and Xsigo's solution really works. The management has gotten way past the start-up phase and is now a mature, stable team with eyes focused on the things that matter: the customer experience, product quality, and driving continuous growth.

Cons

It is hard work and people are expected to know their jobs, be good at them, and be willing to play a variety of roles. Not everyone wants to be flexible, but that's an essential characteristic to succeed in a start-up such as this.

Continue with the push to the top. This is a tough market going up against the toughest players in the industry. But Xsigo has the talent and the technology to win with continued drive and determination.

Misleading Interview and Product

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Xsigo Systems

Pros

Cool concept, poor delivery, execution and cyclical management

Cons

Misleading interview process on the status of the product and the company.

Be truthful and realistic - deliver a better working product with reliability.

Proceed with extreme caution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Xsigo Systems

Pros

Met some of the best employees I've met in my entire career. The company recruiter was amazing at bringing in extremely bright & talented employees. The company's technical solution may or may not be accepted by the market.

Cons

I've also met the nastiest, meanest, and most destructively political employees in my entire career while working here. While the recruiter was fantastic at bringing in talented people, he didn't screen for cultural fit. Thereby, many unpleasant people made their way in.

While there is a possibility that the technology might fly, I doubt that it will. There is a great deal of internal skepticism on that note.

I'm pretty skeptical that the management care about anything but the loud echo of their own voices. There's a real 'emperor's clothes' situation going on here. They are blinded by their own unwavering belief that they are destined for greatness.

Like so many things, a GREAT idea very very poorly executed.

Former Employee - Senior SE in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior SE in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Xsigo Systems

Pros

Very Bright engineers. Amazing board. Great contacts, and some very kind people. Great product idea. One of the best hardware teams in the valley.

Cons

Management does not want to listen to the market. Founders still have to much say, and can't detach from the product. Marketing was basically eliminated, product marketing was slaughtered. A very ill company that could have been amazing, but was basically destroyed by some very bad management choices.

Let someone more competent take over. Morale at company must be taken more seriously. Data received from employees must be measured equally. Just because he's been your friend for 10 years does not make him an expert.

Saved by acquisition before it imploded

I have been working at Xsigo Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great, hardworking, creative, people and great technology. Outstanding support. Vendor nuetral.

Cons

Poor leadership. Questionable book-keeping at best, no effective go-to-market strategy. Oracle will of course change that. Lots of repetitive problems with hardware defects. Loooooong sales cycle.

Negotiated deal with Oracle to save company but not employees. Of course, top 3 execs made their millions but many of the rest were left without jobs. I suppose thats business right?

Internal Politics are stopping the growth of an interesting product

I worked at Xsigo Systems

Pros

Pay is not bad. Product is very ground breaking and could change I/O Virtualization

Cons

Internal power struggles and politics control this place.

Develop the product set the customers and virtual space want. Not just execs ideas that suck the company into a black hole with no sales. Also reduce the number of conditional PO's. The rumor in the office is last QTR was 70%