Xtime

Updated July 11, 2014
Updated July 11, 2014
2.7

Neal East

Worked as a consultant on a great team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Xtime as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely nice people throughout the corporation, friendly place, everyone works hard, strong commitment to building a great product, product is already best in its niche, flexible hours in most departments. I enjoyed my time there.

Cons

Pressure very high, teams are extremely silo-ed, there is so much work that burn out seems ready to skyrocket, the core product is built around a very limited technology that will ultimately be very costly to the company - either because it costs so many resources to overcome its limitations, or because it will have to be discarded and re-built to stay agile. Also the internal tools are so out of date, bloated and full of bugs that time and resources are continually wasted trying to get the system to perform what should be simple tasks.

Take a step back now while you can - to go forward in a sustainably strong position, it will be critical to completely replace internal tools and the appallingly bad Sencha platform in the core product. These will become the brakes that allow new competitors to easily grow and evolve while your product gets more and more stuck. I'm seriously considering building a software to compete with you. It will be that easy.

Integrations

I worked at Xtime full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for 5+ years with Xtime Inc, the product is very complex and requires lots of knowledge and skills from an employee. Since this was my first Job after school, I got to learn alot and worked with great people in beginning. Then came the craziness of growing the business after 3 years of working, and things started going haywire.

Cons

Xtime has no culture and no human feelings for employees. I have worked 7 days a week 12 hours a day, still was not appreciated by managers. New employees hired after me who knew nothing about the product, were paid much higher . This was found across all teams and less pay for employees who worked hard to help build this company. Knowledge transfer is really a BIG issue in this company, the manager do not want to train employees, there no training documents . Its like they are afraid that if an employee learned more than they know, they may loose their job. During my career, people started leaving because they were being treated unfairly by the management. If you want to work here, be ready to work like Donkey and never expect anything back from the Manager. There is no INTERNAL career growing program, if an employee wants to move to other teams, Manager will not let you move.

I would advise Management that step up and take responsibility of your mistakes and stop scapegoating employees. Stop counting numbers, no employee will stay there if micro management style continued. Focus on making work place more welcoming and bring some culture into your workplace. Neal East (CEO)is really nice person, but he is not aware of the team internal issues, because managers do not tell him anything.

Great company to work for Easy going relaxed atmosphere

Former Employee - Information Technology in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Xtime as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere; Mostly mobile and using up to date technology; the people there are great.

Cons

none that i can think of

A company on the rise.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Xtime

Pros

still a small company so everyone knows almost everyone that works at corporate headquarters. Startup mode however, moving in to gear and ramping up staff and customers.

Cons

Salary isnt competitive however, I do think they realize and are attempting to adjust.

Considering no body and nothing is perfert I really dont have any advise. I also think if you aren't happy with you enviornment or surroundings then it is up to you to make adjustments!

SaaS Selling to Automotive Dealerships

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Xtime

Pros

Xtime provides a good benefits package, reasonable stock options, and lots of PTO. They are a growing company who is becoming a dominant player in the marketplace.

Cons

Personally, I had a lot of projects that were taken away from me despite having done a more than satisfactory job. I was also not paid on 90% of my sales and had an extremely unsupportive sales manager. It was made very clear to me that the opportunity for advancement was almost nonexistent.

I found it very difficult to get any type of feedback from most of the management. I asked multiple times to review my sales activity with my direct supervisor and was told by him that he didn't care about having a review because he only cared about what deals closed. Basically, he completely ignored the fact that it takes more than 1 cold call to close a deal.

Growing company, nice people, no culture

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Xtime

Pros

I have been with Xtime for almost 5 years and it is finally growing well. There are no jerks within the team and the executives are usually supportive. We make software for car dealers, which is not the most exciting product to work on but the product is good and the people are honest and nice.

Cons

I feel like the executives are not connecting with the lower employees. I am not sure they care what we think. Several of my peers have left. The pay is lower than other companies I think because they have struggled for a long time. This also may explain the small benefits package outside health care. I also don't feel like its a very fun place to work - the culture is not interesting. Just decent but not exciting to come to work most days.

Keep your vision and good sales growth but you need to look closer at your employees and make sure we want to stay there. Right now it is a work hard culture but there is no play hard part. Don't take us for granted because we have lots of other opportunities.

Xtime Photos