Xtivia Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.7
Dennis Robinson

1. Great minds! Absolutely loved working here, Keep the good work!

Current Employee - Enterprise Portal Programmer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Enterprise Portal Programmer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia

Pros

I worked in Xtivia as an Enterprise software programmer for 2 years, In Xtivia you get to work on very interesting projects, use cutting edge technologies, and meet some really smart architects and developers, There is no end to learning no matter how much experience you have, continuous knowledge sharing is a norm with the brown bag interactive sections, your work also gets to be appreciated. I do Highly recommended this company.

Cons

Work can be really fast paced as the clients are always a priority, which is not unheard of for most consulting companies out there

Advice to Management

Keep the good work!

2. Great place to work for :)

Former Employee - DB2 UDB Database Administrator in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - DB2 UDB Database Administrator in Edison, NJ

I worked at Xtivia (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome people to work with. Worked there for 6 great years. Could not have asked for a better company to work for. People are nice, you get to work on complex client related issues, no business as usual tasks. Management is very transparent and nice. You can talk to the management anytime you like and give your opinion. You get the opportunity to work on new technologies. Flexible work schedule. They take care of employees like they are family.

Cons

Don't expect pay raises every year. It's a small company so there is not much in terms of promotions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but think about giving people regular increments so that it takes care of inflation.

3. Very nice people

I worked at Xtivia

Pros

Heaven for portal programmers. Good pay and extra hours perk.

Cons

Most of the projects are based on Liferay portal.

5. Best company I have ever worked for... hands down.

Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Xtivia

Pros

No company is perfect for everyone, though this friendly and sometimes fast paced environment has me hooked. It keeps you on your toes and there is always new challenges that await you around the corner. Though you can't be a slacker here and you need to be friendly, have a positive attitude, and have motivation to work through new challenges. The people here for the most part really care about each other and they are easy to get along with. We all do our best to cover each other when we need it and we BBQ every Thursday! :)

Cons

The benefits aren't awesome, though I have seen much worse and they are working on improving them. The busy times come and go and it can be stressful when you have a few fires to put out at once, Though that's why working well with a team helps out as you are there to help cover them as they are there to help cover you.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the business practices of trying to take care of your people as best you can. Keep an open mind, stay positive, and don't become too greedy. Take care of a few customers very well and not a lot of customers okay and we will be golden.

6. A great place to work.

Current Employee - Liferay Enterprise Portal Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Liferay Enterprise Portal Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation and work-life balance are great. Management knows how to see that a project is successful without micromanaging.

Cons

The only cons are those that come with contract and consulting work - short timelines that sometimes require overtime and travel.

7. Xtivia is the best place I've worked ever as a front-end developer...

Current Employee - UI Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - UI Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits now are basically comparable with anywhere else in the industry. There was some time when the healthcare costs got out of control for the insurance but the leadership has gone great lengths to alleviate those. As for the work/life balance I feel is actually quite good. I have a family and I'm able to take my kid to the doctor or class whenever she needs no questions asked. As long as I make sure the work is accounted for I'm usually fine. Plus there are many people who work from Home and are great at it. To me the best thing about Xtivia is the crew I work with at the Austin office. Everyone is inclusive and there are no egos or feelings to be afraid of hurting. Everyone's set on their respective projects goals and making sure it's done the right way the first time. What more I haven't met someone yet that isn't eager to help me if they know how – which I find very refreshing. TLDR: The Culture is top notch.

Cons

Xtivia has drawn it's lines in the sand as being the leader in working on software most people don't want to or can't touch – Liferay Enterprise Portal. While we still do a lot of fun things in NodeJS, PhoneGap, Angular etc our bread and butter is Liferay. Big companies like HP, Avaya, and more love us because we're awesome at Liferay (2nd Year in a row partner of the year) So ergo If you don't like Java server side development then you will not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

More diverse work. We need to invest more UI work into Liferay and include other options beyond alloyUI/bootstrap to attract more topnotch UI Developers. I think we should have more potlucks too.

8. Xtivia - A Super place to work

Current Employee - Accounting in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Accounting in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very talented people who take their work seriously. Many work tirelessly on big projects. Very casual atmosphere. Tremendous growth. Great teamwork and spirit here.

Cons

Health benefit costs were on the high side but management came in and started paying a larger portion. This made it more attractive for employees with children on the plan. Newer attractive 401k package with company match. So I guess this is not a Con anymore.

Advice to Management

Benefits - thank you for making our benefits more attractive. Management made many steps to reduce employee expenses for Health Insurance and 401K.

9. Toxic environment

Former Employee - UI Developer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - UI Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at Xtivia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, bonus options, decent benefits, time-off policies are reasonable, adequate vacation/sick time

Cons

Billable time is king, so work-life balance is nonexistent; getting free snacks doesn't make up for 10+ hour days onsite; management prizes bullies who in turn hire more bullies; lots of slave-driving to meet unbelievable and unreasonable deadlines

Advice to Management

Chill out. Seriously. People will work harder when they're valued as people, not as expendable, interchangeable, minions.

10. Great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good, sharp, talented hardworking employees. Quite a good number of projects to work on to always keep you interested. Very casual office culture. The growth of the company has been tremendous in last couple of years but they have still maintained the quality of employees.

Cons

Managing expectation can be tough at times. Some benefits could be improved but they are still above average.

11. Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect in West Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect in West Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A wonderful place to work, great client base, demanding projects and fantastic management. Having engaged in several very challenging and highly visible projects for larger clients I have found the culture and management supportive of the employee during all phases of client engagement. I have also found the other employees knowledgable of the Liferay product and it's implementation in many challenging customer environments.

Cons

Small company with some growing pains for supporting the growing requests from clients.

Advice to Management

Continue the great support and leadership.

RSS Feed </> Embed