Xtivia Reviews

Updated March 1, 2015
22 reviews filtered by
4.7
Dennis Robinson

1. Great minds! Absolutely loved working here, Keep the good work!

Current Employee - Enterprise Portal Programmer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Enterprise Portal Programmer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia

Pros

I worked in Xtivia as an Enterprise software programmer for 2 years, In Xtivia you get to work on very interesting projects, use cutting edge technologies, and meet some really smart architects and developers, There is no end to learning no matter how much experience you have, continuous knowledge sharing is a norm with the brown bag interactive sections, your work also gets to be appreciated. I do Highly recommended this company.

Cons

Work can be really fast paced as the clients are always a priority, which is not unheard of for most consulting companies out there

Keep the good work!

2. Very nice people

I worked at Xtivia

Pros

Heaven for portal programmers. Good pay and extra hours perk.

Cons

Most of the projects are based on Liferay portal.

3. A great place to work.

Current Employee - Liferay Enterprise Portal Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Liferay Enterprise Portal Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compensation and work-life balance are great. Management knows how to see that a project is successful without micromanaging.

Cons

The only cons are those that come with contract and consulting work - short timelines that sometimes require overtime and travel.

5. Xtivia is the best place I've worked ever as a front-end developer...

Current Employee - UI Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - UI Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits now are basically comparable with anywhere else in the industry. There was some time when the healthcare costs got out of control for the insurance but the leadership has gone great lengths to alleviate those. As for the work/life balance I feel is actually quite good. I have a family and I'm able to take my kid to the doctor or class whenever she needs no questions asked. As long as I make sure the work is accounted for I'm usually fine. Plus there are many people who work from Home and are great at it.

To me the best thing about Xtivia is the crew I work with at the Austin office. Everyone is inclusive and there are no egos or feelings to be afraid of hurting. Everyone's set on their respective projects goals and making sure it's done the right way the first time. What more I haven't met someone yet that isn't eager to help me if they know how – which I find very refreshing. TLDR: The Culture is top notch.

Cons

Xtivia has drawn it's lines in the sand as being the leader in working on software most people don't want to or can't touch – Liferay Enterprise Portal. While we still do a lot of fun things in NodeJS, PhoneGap, Angular etc our bread and butter is Liferay. Big companies like HP, Avaya, and more love us because we're awesome at Liferay (2nd Year in a row partner of the year) So ergo If you don't like Java server side development then you will not be a good fit.

More diverse work. We need to invest more UI work into Liferay and include other options beyond alloyUI/bootstrap to attract more topnotch UI Developers. I think we should have more potlucks too.

6. Xtivia - A Super place to work

Current Employee - Accounting in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Accounting in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very talented people who take their work seriously. Many work tirelessly on big projects.
    Very casual atmosphere.
    Tremendous growth.
    Great teamwork and spirit here.

Cons

Health benefit costs were on the high side but management came in and started paying a larger portion. This made it more attractive for employees with children on the plan. Newer attractive 401k package with company match. So I guess this is not a Con anymore.

Benefits - thank you for making our benefits more attractive. Management made many steps to reduce employee expenses for Health Insurance and 401K.

7. Toxic environment

Former Employee - UI Developer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - UI Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at Xtivia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, bonus options, decent benefits, time-off policies are reasonable, adequate vacation/sick time

Cons

Billable time is king, so work-life balance is nonexistent; getting free snacks doesn't make up for 10+ hour days onsite; management prizes bullies who in turn hire more bullies; lots of slave-driving to meet unbelievable and unreasonable deadlines

Chill out. Seriously. People will work harder when they're valued as people, not as expendable, interchangeable, minions.

8. Great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good, sharp, talented hardworking employees. Quite a good number of projects to work on to always keep you interested. Very casual office culture.
    The growth of the company has been tremendous in last couple of years but they have still maintained the quality of employees.

Cons

Managing expectation can be tough at times. Some benefits could be improved but they are still above average.

9. Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect in West Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect in West Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A wonderful place to work, great client base, demanding projects and fantastic management. Having engaged in several very challenging and highly visible projects for larger clients I have found the culture and management supportive of the employee during all phases of client engagement. I have also found the other employees knowledgable of the Liferay product and it's implementation in many challenging customer environments.

Cons

Small company with some growing pains for supporting the growing requests from clients.

Continue the great support and leadership.

10. Top-notch employees + interesting projects

Current Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A bunch of top-notch technologists who know how to deliver projects efficiently; the vast majority of projects are fast-paced and involve the right technologies that help you expand your skill set and make yourself more marketable (though once you get here, you may not want to ever leave and you may not care about this aspect :)); a culture of continual improvement that encourages you to grow yourself professionally - as one of the VPs says, you do not want to go the way of dinosaurs!

The portals and application development practice encourages collaboration through multiple tools including always-on group chats where you can share interesting solutions as well as pose questions to the entire team; there is also a weekly technical brown bag and a monthly lunch-and-learn.

Beyond the technical growth there is also growth through ongoing courses on Crucial Conversations that not only help you handle delicate situations at work but also stuff in your personal life.

All in all, I love it here!

Cons

You will never be short of stuff to do and at times this can be overwhelming - forces you to learn expectations management, multi-tasking and prioritization.

Keep innovating; continue to hire the best and the brightest!

A great place to work! You are only limited by your imagination and your thirst to learn. The sky is the limit @Xtivia.

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Xtivia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A fantastic work life balance. This is the only employer I worked at where they encourage you to take some time off to relax, recharge and be more productive. The colleagues are fantastic, the perks are good and the management never stops you from learning or implementing new standards. No idea is shot down and no suggestions are brushed aside. Every time a new idea is pitched, the management at all levels is all ears for the idea. They validate your ideas and encourage you to come up with more ideas to help propel you forward and help the organization move forward. The job satisfaction at this place is immense and you feel like you are a part of the organization and not just another worker. This company in my honest opinion has some of the most dedicated employees and they are a bunch of extremely talented individuals that I have the pleasure of interacting on a daily basis. I would definitely very highly recommend Xtivia.

Cons

I wish the benefits were a little better. Don't get me wrong, the benefits at this place are much better than some of the other employers I have worked with.

Continue encouraging employees and keep nurturing good talent.