Xtreme Lashes

Updated September 4, 2014
3.6

Xtreme Lashes Co-Founder, President & CEO Jo Mousselli
Jo Mousselli

So happy to be a part of this team!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Spring, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time for less than a year

Pros

I haven't been working for Xtreme Lashes long but I'm so happy that I got the opportunity to be apart of such a wonderful team. It's nice working for a company that actually values your thoughts and opinions. The overall atmosphere of the office is the best part. Everyone is always so helpful and in such an uplifting and positive mood. Upper management takes the time to recognize you and set up meetings and fun outings to make sure everyone stays involved, which I love. I feel like there is a lot of room to grow with this company since they are growing at such a fast pace. I truly believe in Jo's vision of making woman feel beautiful and I support this company every step of the way.

Cons

As with any job in customer service you have to deal with some difficult clients. Working with such a great team though its nice to be able to laugh off the anger.

I think everyone is doing a wonderful job here. I couldn't ask for anything else and I'm not just saying this either. This is absolutely hands down the best company I have worked for. I just love the vibe I get from everyone! I feel like I'm actually part of a team!

By far the best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You've heard the phrase "home away from home", well, that is exactly what this company has been for me, a home.
    From the work environment to its people to management to their products, everything about this company I love.

The benefits are good, the work experience is pleasant, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the opportunities for growth are there if you put the effort forth to reach and grab them.

Being in the field of the beauty industry the company has allowed me to know places and people that otherwise i wouldn't have know and one after another the experience of meeting all these different people, co-workers, customers, trainers, models, with different backgrounds and different cultures has been the same and one that i will dearly keep in my heart.

It has been a fantastic 6 years, it is been a pleasure to know the owners and to work with them and for them.
    I'm really proud of what they have made of their company, for what they stand and of the place I play in it.
    I will always be thankful to Mrs. Jo and Mr. Martin for having me chosen and for giving me the opportunity to become part of their family and part of their dream.

Cons

The pros are far more than the cons and like with any company, people cannot always have everything they want.
    You make of life and your job what you make of them and what you give you do always get in the same measure.

A friendly yet fast paced environment.

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I’ve been with Xtreme Lashes for over seven years now. One big thing I've noticed is that while they are always on the hunt for talent, more times than not a position is filled by promoting existing employees to the next level. This is great news if you’re looking to build a career or beef up your resume.

On top of that there are many projects always in play. A wide assortment of roles from high to low are allowed to sink their teeth into new challenges. It keeps things interesting and will also give you bullet points for your resumes as well.

There are also of course health benefits, 401k, vacation days, holidays, and provided snacks and drinks.

Overall the environment has been friendly and down to the earth from my perspective.

Cons

Unfortunately due to the depth and quantity of projects, things can get hectic at times. This might be a pro or con to you depending on how you look at it. Honestly I don’t think it’s any different than other places I’ve worked, but you shouldn't go in with a lackadaisical attitude expecting a sit down 9 to 5 with no expectations placed on you. I think this is the key differentiator between those who post a positive or negative review here.

Also our HQ building is a bit tight right now due to growth. They’re working on sourcing land for a larger building to replace this one, but that will take at least another year before something is built out completely. Until then you may have to get creative with how you arrange your office/desk. It’s not unmanageable though.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Happily employed by Xtreme Lashes, LLC for 7+ Years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Jo Mousselli, the Co-Founder, President, and CEO, promotes a company culture that rewards both individual strength and collaborative Team strengths. Xtreme provides a unique opportunity to work in an internationally recognized Company where the CEO actually makes time to get to know her Team Members and the employees are encouraged to maximize their skills and creativity in their job roles. We work hard to provide legendary customer service, innovative products and training program curriculums, and un-paralled health and safety standards in the eyelash extensions industry. You will work hard, but you will find your work to be exciting and satisfying. Jo cares about her employees emotional and intellectual needs in addition to their professional needs. We are a family here at Xtreme. We celebrate birthdays and special events in the lives of our Team Members, like the birth of new babies and new marriages. We even pull together as a Team to support coworkers that have experienced health challenges or the loss of loved ones. The Company provides a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, subsidized gym membership, paid time off, and paid holidays. In addition to loving my job tasks, I remain at Xtreme Lashes because I know that I am valued as a human being, not just an employee.

Cons

Before applying for a job at Xtreme, consider that we are experiencing explosive growth in our market and keep in mind that you must be flexible, adapatable, open-minded, and ready to hit the ground running. If you are looking for a traditional corporate environment in which you will follow the same boring routine and punch the time clock at 9 and 5, Xtreme would not be a good fit for you.

Thank you for the amazing opportunities that I have had to use the majority of my knowledge and skills. Please keep working on our new location for the corporate headquarters. We have been growing and adding new staff members and it will be awesome when we get to move into the new building.

Best Career Decision I have made

Current Employee - Senior Management  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

i enjoy working here. I have strong support from Sr. Management to go out and try new things and execute on unique opportunities. We are given a great deal of freedom here. Our President is a unique person. She has a passion for ensuring that all products and services with the Xtreme Lashes brand are of the highest quality. it allows me to take great pride in my work product. She is extremely supportive of her team and a real leader.

Also, even though Xtreme is a small company, with 60+ employees, we have "big-company" benefits. About the only thing we did not have was a matching 401k plan, but they finally added it this year. And we have some benefits that the big companies do not have.

There is no shortage of opportunity at this company. I am so thankful that I made it my home.

Cons

There is a strong bias to not release ANY new product or training program until it is absolutely at 100%. This sometimes causes the product development cycle to take too long. It can be frustrating for the PD team, the Marketing team and the Training Dept., but this attention to quality and customer satisfaction has served us well over the years. Also, we are currently implementing a new ERP system, which has created some short term deadlines and pressures, which have created some extra difficulties and challenges. But we are getting there.

Don't change your religion. Maintain your obsession for supplying on the best in products and trainings.

Boredom will never be an issue!

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time

Pros

This is a lively, fast paced and very fun company to work for. There’s a great mix of culture, a young energetic atmosphere and many employees that come from various backgrounds and experience. This is a small business that consists of about 70 employees, you will definitely get the family oriented feel. It’s a very relaxed and casual environment that operates as one team. Constantly working cross-functionally with the different departments helps you to learn so much and that’s definitely a perk for me. Anything that has to do with building knowledge should be a perk for everyone. The President/CEO of the company is an amazing woman that you can learn so much from. She truly cares about the company and the employees at XL.

Besides having full benefits, there are unlimited snacks, beverages and coffee, quarterly bonuses which never amounts to zero, at least 2 fun company outings a year and at least one weekly catered lunch. The management team is flexible and understanding if you have to take time off or need to adjust your hours. When I was in college, they even worked with my schedule which was wonderful at the time. They care about your well-being and advancement in your career whether it’s in the industry or not.

Cons

As a growing organization, XL is constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities and improve as a business overall. Upper management does strive to keep the moral up and truly cares about the team, even if it doesn’t show at times.
    There’s a lot of positions that get shifted around within the organization which sometimes can cause confusion as to whose doing what. Also, the current building we’re in is pretty small and the cars are parked in like sardines! The presentation and introduction that hits you when you arrive, doesn’t match our high-end brand. However, the upper management is working on the relocation very fiercely and XL should have its new home designed to match the brand in early 2016.

The team at XL works really hard and takes a lot of pride in their work and at times it feels unrecognized. Some of the team will even work on multiple tasks outside of their department in various areas.
    Timing is something to work on. I feel that some of the set weekly meetings should be re-evaluated. There are some pockets of poor leadership but it's definitely getting better. Other than that, fantastic company to work for.

If you love chaos this is the place for you.

I worked at Xtreme Lashes

Pros

There are many good people working at Xtreme.

Cons

This company is disorganized and chaotic at all times, everything is an emergency and last minute. The pay does not equal the amount of time you work nor your title you are given.

Micro manager CEO

Current Employee - Product Development  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Product Development in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time

Pros

ownership of projects, various opportunities to be exposed to

Cons

too many projects with CEO/micro manager who can't make up her mind

If you like corporate perks, don't work here.

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes

Pros

we finally have 401 k benefits, salary staff get a free paid day of they clock in their hours, good product discount sometimes you get to be a model for the lash extensions

Cons

I was not taught to keep my thoughts to myself if I had nothing good to say. This office takes advantage of its staff ruthlessly and coldly. If you like working with people who constantly complain and bad mouth the management and family owners but are powerless to instill change, then by all means come join the fun! I was told by an employee that this was not a professional place, and boy was that person right. People who claim to be experts in their field and strike a cord with the family members as being someone they can take advantage of are hired as well as people who have absolute no experience at all. I find that the morale is very low, the survival mentality is " fake it till you make it" so you will be around people who do not believe or care about what they are doing for the growth of the company. There are a lot of personal tests, traps, condescending outbursts, intentional fibbing, unclear agendas, and never an end in sight. Its tough to be here because the environment is ugly and negative. There is no training, the Good employees were all run off or belittled and everyone is always confused. they say one thing but really do another.

I Love My Job!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time for more than a year

Pros

i love working here because of the people, culture and great atmosphere. Every day I am able to learn something new and am encouraged to speak my mind and help lead and amazing team.

Cons

At this time I do not have any except that the building we are currently in does not show what we are all about. We recently were told that we are building a new structure and creating it based on Xtreme Lashes' vision and culture. I am very excited to see the outcome!

Nothing at this time.

Worked for Xtreme Lashes? Contribute to the Community!