Xtreme Lashes Reviews

Happily employed by Xtreme Lashes, LLC for 7+ Years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Jo Mousselli, the Co-Founder, President, and CEO, promotes a company culture that rewards both individual strength and collaborative Team strengths. Xtreme provides a unique opportunity to work in an internationally recognized Company where the CEO actually makes time to get to know her Team Members and the employees are encouraged to maximize their skills and creativity in their job roles. We work hard to provide legendary customer service, innovative products and training program curriculums, and un-paralled health and safety standards in the eyelash extensions industry. You will work hard, but you will find your work to be exciting and satisfying. Jo cares about her employees emotional and intellectual needs in addition to their professional needs. We are a family here at Xtreme. We celebrate birthdays and special events in the lives of our Team Members, like the birth of new babies and new marriages. We even pull together as a Team to support coworkers that have experienced health challenges or the loss of loved ones. The Company provides a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, subsidized gym membership, paid time off, and paid holidays. In addition to loving my job tasks, I remain at Xtreme Lashes because I know that I am valued as a human being, not just an employee.

Cons

Before applying for a job at Xtreme, consider that we are experiencing explosive growth in our market and keep in mind that you must be flexible, adapatable, open-minded, and ready to hit the ground running. If you are looking for a traditional corporate environment in which you will follow the same boring routine and punch the time clock at 9 and 5, Xtreme would not be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the amazing opportunities that I have had to use the majority of my knowledge and skills. Please keep working on our new location for the corporate headquarters. We have been growing and adding new staff members and it will be awesome when we get to move into the new building.

2. Family run to a fault.

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes

Pros

Strong company, extreme sense of perfection, pay ok but quarterly bonuses make up for what may be lacking.

Cons

Expects to grow to a fortune 500 company some day but unfortunately their management style will keep them from ever achieving such success. They are family run but to a fault. They need to hire outside executives that know how to run a business and don't use Xtreme Lash funds/Assets as their own personal little piggy bank.

No life balance, they expect you to sell your soul to the company.

Advice to Management

Keeping your family in top management positions is fine if you want to keep the business small and a nice hobby, but if you are serious about growing as big as Xtreme hopes to you need to hire some QUALIFIED executives from the outside and listen to their expertise allowing them to make necessary changes within the company to help it grow. Hiring your son as CEO was fine when the company was small but now it's time to let the big boys who know business and have business degrees/experience join your team.

3. Project Manager

I worked at Xtreme Lashes

Pros

Opportunity to work in several position that you have absolutely no experience in.

Cons

The Owner expects you to devote your every waking moment to the company. She likes to have 6 hour long meetings that often go until 10:00 at night, with nothing actually accomplished in the end. The company does not promote from within. Instead, it hires highly experienced professionals from outside the company, and then pays them way under market value. There is no training program at all. They company just throws new employees in with a sink or swim mentality. Don't worry if there is a decision made that you don't like, the owner will change her mind 5 more times before everything is said and done. If you are able to take a vacation, make sure it is somewhere with no cell phone service, or else the owner will call you, knowing you are on vacation, and include you in a 2 hour meeting. The pay is terrible, the benefits are terrible, and the yes men are terrible.

They fired me after I told them I was pregnant

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Spring, TX

I worked at Xtreme Lashes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office is very flexible you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as your core responsibilities are finished. If you like to have freedom over your day it's a pretty good fit. They do expect a lot but you will often find people mingling outside smoking and chatting for hours on end.

Cons

The leadership team is completely confused on their responsibilities. You will often find the Marketing Director listening in on HR meetings and the HR Director being asked to go grocery shopping. Everyone is pretty much there as a yes man to the CEO whatever she wants is what gets done. The only problem is she may change her mind several times within one meeting. Meetings typically run about 3 hours each. Also the company is not known for promoting from within they would rather hire from outside most new employees only last a couple months but those that last seem to stick around for a long while.

Benefits are okay but not great. You do have health insurance which you have to help pay for out of your paycheck. profit sharing is a major bonus and extra money every three months. Vacation days are scares and you can rarely earn more. Even salaried employees are expected to use vacation days when they need to go to the doctor or are sick -- even if they got in their full 40 hours a week. No match on 401K.

There is not work life balance Xtreme expects their employees to work holidays and weekends, nights or evenings.

Some members of senior management are great, creative, supporting and true mentors. Others are two faced and will throw you under the bus at the first opportunity.

The company has no culture or values. You can tell by reading all of these "current" employee reviews on here. Most of them are fake and written by the marketing team then distributed to employees to post. You can tell by reading them. Take a look at the words they use "we offer legendary customer service" "xtreme lashes in innovative in" "we are the global leader in" these are all the same copy you will find on their website and are not true from the heart reviews.

Although the company seems to be growing as far as sales revenues go they are not growing in profits because they spend most of the money on hiring out of state or out of town upper management people who decide to quit after a few short months.

Advice to Management

Trust in the leaders you put in place and let them do their jobs

Xtreme Lashes Response

Mar 11, 2015Culture and Talent Manager

The co-founder, President, and CEO of Xtreme Lashes is Ms. Jo Mousselli, an entrepreneur who co-founded Xtreme Lashes after a decade of working as an ICU nurse at Texas Children’s Hospital in ... More

6. So happy to be a part of this team!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Spring, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't been working for Xtreme Lashes long but I'm so happy that I got the opportunity to be apart of such a wonderful team. It's nice working for a company that actually values your thoughts and opinions. The overall atmosphere of the office is the best part. Everyone is always so helpful and in such an uplifting and positive mood. Upper management takes the time to recognize you and set up meetings and fun outings to make sure everyone stays involved, which I love. I feel like there is a lot of room to grow with this company since they are growing at such a fast pace. I truly believe in Jo's vision of making woman feel beautiful and I support this company every step of the way.

Cons

As with any job in customer service you have to deal with some difficult clients. Working with such a great team though its nice to be able to laugh off the anger.

Advice to Management

I think everyone is doing a wonderful job here. I couldn't ask for anything else and I'm not just saying this either. This is absolutely hands down the best company I have worked for. I just love the vibe I get from everyone! I feel like I'm actually part of a team!

7. By far the best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You've heard the phrase "home away from home", well, that is exactly what this company has been for me, a home.
    From the work environment to its people to management to their products, everything about this company I love.

The benefits are good, the work experience is pleasant, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the opportunities for growth are there if you put the effort forth to reach and grab them.

Being in the field of the beauty industry the company has allowed me to know places and people that otherwise i wouldn't have know and one after another the experience of meeting all these different people, co-workers, customers, trainers, models, with different backgrounds and different cultures has been the same and one that i will dearly keep in my heart.

It has been a fantastic 6 years, it is been a pleasure to know the owners and to work with them and for them.
    I'm really proud of what they have made of their company, for what they stand and of the place I play in it.
    I will always be thankful to Mrs. Jo and Mr. Martin for having me chosen and for giving me the opportunity to become part of their family and part of their dream.

Cons

The pros are far more than the cons and like with any company, people cannot always have everything they want.
    You make of life and your job what you make of them and what you give you do always get in the same measure.

8. A friendly yet fast paced environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I’ve been with Xtreme Lashes for over seven years now. One big thing I've noticed is that while they are always on the hunt for talent, more times than not a position is filled by promoting existing employees to the next level. This is great news if you’re looking to build a career or beef up your resume.

On top of that there are many projects always in play. A wide assortment of roles from high to low are allowed to sink their teeth into new challenges. It keeps things interesting and will also give you bullet points for your resumes as well.

There are also of course health benefits, 401k, vacation days, holidays, and provided snacks and drinks.

Overall the environment has been friendly and down to the earth from my perspective.

Cons

Unfortunately due to the depth and quantity of projects, things can get hectic at times. This might be a pro or con to you depending on how you look at it. Honestly I don’t think it’s any different than other places I’ve worked, but you shouldn't go in with a lackadaisical attitude expecting a sit down 9 to 5 with no expectations placed on you. I think this is the key differentiator between those who post a positive or negative review here.

Also our HQ building is a bit tight right now due to growth. They’re working on sourcing land for a larger building to replace this one, but that will take at least another year before something is built out completely. Until then you may have to get creative with how you arrange your office/desk. It’s not unmanageable though.

Best Career Decision I have made

Current Employee - Senior Management in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

i enjoy working here. I have strong support from Sr. Management to go out and try new things and execute on unique opportunities. We are given a great deal of freedom here. Our President is a unique person. She has a passion for ensuring that all products and services with the Xtreme Lashes brand are of the highest quality. it allows me to take great pride in my work product. She is extremely supportive of her team and a real leader.

Also, even though Xtreme is a small company, with 60+ employees, we have "big-company" benefits. About the only thing we did not have was a matching 401k plan, but they finally added it this year. And we have some benefits that the big companies do not have.

There is no shortage of opportunity at this company. I am so thankful that I made it my home.

Cons

There is a strong bias to not release ANY new product or training program until it is absolutely at 100%. This sometimes causes the product development cycle to take too long. It can be frustrating for the PD team, the Marketing team and the Training Dept., but this attention to quality and customer satisfaction has served us well over the years. Also, we are currently implementing a new ERP system, which has created some short term deadlines and pressures, which have created some extra difficulties and challenges. But we are getting there.

Advice to Management

Don't change your religion. Maintain your obsession for supplying on the best in products and trainings.

If you love chaos this is the place for you.

I worked at Xtreme Lashes

Pros

There are many good people working at Xtreme.

Cons

This company is disorganized and chaotic at all times, everything is an emergency and last minute. The pay does not equal the amount of time you work nor your title you are given.

Boredom will never be an issue!

I have been working at Xtreme Lashes full-time

Pros

This is a lively, fast paced and very fun company to work for. There’s a great mix of culture, a young energetic atmosphere and many employees that come from various backgrounds and experience. This is a small business that consists of about 70 employees, you will definitely get the family oriented feel. It’s a very relaxed and casual environment that operates as one team. Constantly working cross-functionally with the different departments helps you to learn so much and that’s definitely a perk for me. Anything that has to do with building knowledge should be a perk for everyone. The President/CEO of the company is an amazing woman that you can learn so much from. She truly cares about the company and the employees at XL.

Besides having full benefits, there are unlimited snacks, beverages and coffee, quarterly bonuses which never amounts to zero, at least 2 fun company outings a year and at least one weekly catered lunch. The management team is flexible and understanding if you have to take time off or need to adjust your hours. When I was in college, they even worked with my schedule which was wonderful at the time. They care about your well-being and advancement in your career whether it’s in the industry or not.

Cons

As a growing organization, XL is constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities and improve as a business overall. Upper management does strive to keep the moral up and truly cares about the team, even if it doesn’t show at times.
    There’s a lot of positions that get shifted around within the organization which sometimes can cause confusion as to whose doing what. Also, the current building we’re in is pretty small and the cars are parked in like sardines! The presentation and introduction that hits you when you arrive, doesn’t match our high-end brand. However, the upper management is working on the relocation very fiercely and XL should have its new home designed to match the brand in early 2016.

Advice to Management

The team at XL works really hard and takes a lot of pride in their work and at times it feels unrecognized. Some of the team will even work on multiple tasks outside of their department in various areas.
    Timing is something to work on. I feel that some of the set weekly meetings should be re-evaluated. There are some pockets of poor leadership but it's definitely getting better. Other than that, fantastic company to work for.