Xyratex Reviews

Updated September 7, 2014
Updated September 7, 2014
2.3

Pros
  • Great people to work with, very talented in the mid-level of the organization (in 9 reviews)

• It was close to home, but that has changed with all the reorganizations (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management are dreadful and completely out of touch with their employees (in 7 reviews)

• Incompetent upper management that cover up their mistakes by blaming underlings (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

I had a lot of experience in xyratex I was started line assembly, configurations and inspector.

Former Employee - Production Line/Inspector/Sorter  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Production Line/Inspector/Sorter in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Xyratex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First of all I love to my work there, I do all the challenges and opportunity they give me a chance to be inspector .

Cons

My challenges to work is I work in different lines and everytime they need my help i do all my best. regarding the benefits I am satisfied.

To continue to serve the clients and satisfactions and go for the goal a ssccessfull.

Failure Analysis

Former Employee - Failure Analysis
    Former Employee - Failure Analysis

I worked at Xyratex full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

.25 snacks from the vending machine

Cons

No values to workers, no growth, no raise, no bonus, especially to those who were "temp" workers. 7 days a week shift, had no outside life.

Enjoyed working for a fast pace and growing company started in 2003 it was very small company about 50 people.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Xyratex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of overtime great place to work many job tasks to perform lots of production order to be filled and shipped out around the world

Cons

There were lots of different tasks that needed the be performed and in lots of cases the supervisor were not capable of getting the job done on time.

Keep up the good work

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

work on production line,assembler,inspection.

Former Employee - Hangingclothing&Inspect  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Hangingclothing&Inspect in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Xyratex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits and friendly people.clean work and good management.

Cons

some time work seven day week.

Work

Former Employee - Senior Director  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Fremont, CA

I worked at Xyratex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My days were always packed with tasks and deadlines to meet. I learned to multi task effectively and to prioritize my work flow for best efficiency. Our management was very hands off allowing us wide breadth of autonomy to achieve our metrics. New field for me.

Cons

This company could care less about it's employees! And it is just a job. Everyone wants out of the place but economy is still sucks. disjointed organization

look out for emplyees

Incompetent dullards at the helm.

I worked at Xyratex

Pros

Opportunity to create semblance of order out of chaos. Lots of low hanging fruit to pick. Easy to be a star amidst glaring mediocrity. UK full of dim bulbs.

Cons

No regard for employees outside the UK. Lots of L1's sent to the US from the UK who were far less qualified or educated than the Americans (total immigration fraud). Blatant violation of employment laws, e.g., keeping temps for over 2 years and many up to 5. Lousy technologists. Incompetent upper management.

Great people and benefits, but no accountability for Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Xyratex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee's were willing to go above and beyond the daily necessities of business. As much over-time as one person could possible take. I made more in over-time than I did as a base salary.

Cons

Production would sometimes work weeks without a day off. Repetitive and meaningless motions for most of the employee's. Management would hide problems from UK. Customers wait extraordinary amounts of time for new projects. UK is slow to react to problems.

Over-time is not also good if you are wanting to produce a great product. Planning was horrid and needed to be over seen by someone with more experience. Wty manger needs communication classes. Very rude individual. She could be a drill Sargent for the Army, with her attitude and total disregard for employees/co-workers.

Dissolving

I have been working at Xyratex full-time

Pros

Working with select, respected co-workers.

Cons

Lack of communication. Under Acquisition. UK blocking meaningful access on the integration team to other regions. No retention strategies communicated in over 4 months since announcement. Extremely UK-centric, keeping Seagate from seeing talent in other regions.

Seagate needs to ensure that the intellectual capacity they are purchasing is not lost before the proposed acquisition closes. If acquisition does not go through, too much damage has been done to the business for a positive outlook.

I worked there for many years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Heathrow, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, FL

I worked at Xyratex full-time

Pros

Pay was good - for certain people.

Cons

Incompetent upper management. Too many VPs with high pay who did very little but point fingers. No appreciation for the "worker bees". Had to be part of the clique to get ahead. Management very reactive, not proactive.

Weed out the high paid dead wood.

If you have goals and are a really hard worker, you can move your way up in the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Xyratex as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of nice people to work with. I was there 5 years and became part of a very important team with in the Sacramento operations.

Cons

They don't give out raises, and don't convert great employees to permanent.

They treat non-Xyratex employees like shlt.

Doesn't matter, the Sacramento location moved to Mexico.

Worked for Xyratex? Contribute to the Community!