YESCO Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Michael T. Young

1. Estimator ADA

Pros

Great company tor work for with good benefits Good working hours

Cons

I have nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

Hire me back

2. Foul Environment

Pros

Steady work, Good Benefits, Most of the employees are knowledgable

Cons

The Purchasing agent at the time at the Ontario, Ca division, was an ex-con, very loud, foul mouthed and obnoxious. I found it very hard to concentrate and be professional on the phone with him shouting obscenities and bragging about the good ol days as a drug dealer and gang member in the background, but he is an old high school football buddy of a couple managers, nepotism at its finest.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the favoritism and nepotism

3. Account Exec. - Good Potential - Low Salary

Pros

I enjoyed the freedom of working from home, and enjoyed a car allowance. My cell phone was paid for as well. Quite the nice and professional group of people to work with in most cases. Learning the lighting business has been a highlight of my career, and I still drive around at night noticing areas of sales opportunities.

Cons

In the area where I was selling, it is congested with competition. The freedom to work from home also means that your email requests, and phone calls can easily be overlooked or ignored when trying to organize a job. The base salary is low, but the commission structure works out once you start to get busy. While the job is "Sales" focused, one tends to become a "Project Manager (cleaning up messes by the operations team)" and there is little time left to sell. They are very heavy on tracking numbers which often don't reflect day-to-day goals set for the Sales Team.

Advice to Management

Please get your managers out of the absurd amount of meeting they attend. Train them to be leaders who are back in the trenches making sales calls when your "Activities" are low. Also, I think a little back bone could be shown more when dealing with "bully" sales reps within the team. Please get the operation team in California buttoned down because they are your biggest liability right now. It's like they're shooting from the hip . . . "Ready, FIRE, Aim."

Not a place to work if you want to advance

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Brigham City, UT
    Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Brigham City, UT

I worked at YESCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am not a negative person but I really think the only thing positive I found in working at YESCO is the fact that I accidentally discovered how much pleasure I got out of being an assistant Buyer. I loved giving great service to those who came to me needing something.

Cons

Cons are so many that I will try to summarize what I felt like the biggest con or negative thing is. In my experience it was simply the fact that the managers would lie, cheat, steal, or do anything to cover not only themselves but any other manager who found themselves in a bad situation. I saw it happen so many times. I saw so many good people lose their whole career at YESCO to protect a manager from being treated according to the rules of the company handbook. Almost daily I listened to managers lie to employees, other managers, and the Plant manager to protect what they may or may not have said or done. It was appalling how many of the managers had no sense of integrity.

Friends and Family

I have been working at YESCO full-time

Pros

The owners and management were friendly. Everyone was willing to be a teacher and show you something if you don’t understand. There were plenty of people available to mentor younger or inexperienced staff.

Cons

There were a lot of layoffs during my time which is always scary. Culture was not a priority so there was often personality conflicts between peers.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees with trainings and work web/ seminars. Create a no gossip work place.

NIce People, Kind of a Mess

Former Employee - Artist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Artist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at YESCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Nice people • Creative work is fun • Fairly flexible • They build cool displays and signs • Staff at lower and mid levels are amazing at compensating for weak management team

Cons

• Local management is weak and disorganized • Sales management is unorganized • Salaries are fairly low and there have been few to no annual increases in years

Advice to Management

Tighten up management teams, figure out a way to pay your subcontractors in a reasonable time (6 months from invoice date is pathetic). Need to move into digital realm to take advantage of future opportunities.

8. 95 Years and still going strong!

Current Employee - Finance in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Finance in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Employee committed management, strong history and culture of multi-generation employees helped me feel good about making the transition form my prior employer to YESCO. Management is always willing to listen to my concerns and has accepted many of the ideas and suggestions I've proposed.

Cons

Reluctant to allow work from home situations.

YESCO Response

May 28, 2015 – VP/Human Resources

Thanks for the positive comments about working at YESCO. We are grateful you enjoy working here and hope you find your career with us rewarding.

9. Great legacy and great future

I have been working at YESCO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. A lasting legacy of over 95 years. 2. The owners (Young family) are the best people anyone could hope to work for. 3. Cool products and services. 4. Family oriented.

Cons

The Company suffered through the recession and had to make some very difficult changes. These challenges appear to be in the past and the future looks bright!

Advice to Management

Stay true to the YESCO mission.

YESCO Response

May 28, 2015 – VP/Human Resources

10. Great company to work for.

Pros

Always willing to provide education and training to all employees.

Cons

None that I ever experienced.

Advice to Management

Continue to deliver industry leading products to your customers.

11. A great experience, and good people.

Former Employee - Floor Worker in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Floor Worker in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Great people, family owned, US jobs

Cons

Hard work on the floor, early and long hours.

RSS Feed </> Embed