YESCO

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael T. Young

Very nice and very fun

ProsA lot of family worked there and still does. Meeting the owner of the company and spending many different times with them

ConsThe changing of policies do to economy

Advice to Senior ManagementThink more of employes and there needs

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Logan, UT

ProsThe only good thing about working here is that they have a generous vacation (PTO) program.

ConsYou won't advance unless you are a relative of someone in upper management. The atmosphere resembles a circus with everyone running around because they are trying so hard to reduce costs and only have enough employees to barely produce the amount of product. This often leads to them making mistakes that cost the company more money in rework, scrapped products, and the maintenance staff having to fix something that was broken as a result of the mishap. The benefits are a joke. You have to spend more than $200 every paycheck for medical benefits for your family. You could get cheaper and better benefits by going out on your own and getting them. The 401k has not been matched in 5 years, and when they did match it, they only matched 10%!

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp the entire management staff and get people in there that actually have experience in running a successful company.

Former Employee Phoenix Location Admin assistant Salary $15/hr How long with company: 4 years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey gave me a job. If your in the family you have it made and don't have to work.

ConsYESCO originally hired me to oversee payroll and other duties at the company, however, shortly after I started they cut positions and slashed salaries without notice.

They basically informed me that I was to be let go or take a cut in wages to work as an administrative assistant. My family was in a position where I really needed the income so I accepted.

I consistently dealt with unhappy customers, venders, and employees. In all honesty, I have never worked for a company as poorly ran as this company. I am not necessarily upset about the pay decrease (although that was really hard) but rather the overall environment at the company. First, management is never around--the Young family is always on vacation--but I could never ask time off. Second, our customers (none of them repeat) were so angry with the way we operated: we botched jobs, showed up late (or not at all) to repair signs, or the quality was so bad that customers refused to pay. It was hard trying to make so many people happy.

I eventually took a retail job because it was so unbearable. Especially because of the high employee turnover. I watched salesman quit after 3 weeks, some lasted several months, and that shouldn't happen in a company that prides themselves on "happy employees."

It was also incredibly difficult to know that the Young kids (although family) were heavily compensated (far more than folks who have been loyal to Yesco for 10+ years). In the four years I was there, employee bonuses were cut, 401k matches did not exist, Christmas bonuses were also not available, and no stock options - company is not publicly traded.

If you end up at this company....GOD HELP YOU

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say they need to value their employees before it's to late. I have never seen so much confusion in a company and I have been with several companies it's poorly ran.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management - Sales

Proson the sales side, employees are given some latitude with schedule.

ConsSomeone commented earlier that "this company is established and not going anywhere," which is far from the truth. YESCO was virtually wiped out of California because the company failed to penetrate the market, resulting in severe collateral damage, including massive layoffs and asset liquidation. The company is currently shutting down operations in Southern Utah resulting in another 70+ layoffs. Additionally, they are currently in litigation with several of their "franchisees" because franchisees are unable to pay royalties as a result of their inability to generate revenue. YESCO's books were poor in 2008 after the company underwent massive expansion, which that do not have the capital to sustain and are subsequently liquidating its assets.

It is unfortunate because the company has incredible unrealized potential that will never come to fruition due to poor management and an archaic business model. The industry is undergoing drastic changes and unfortunately YESCO will not be moving with the industry (don't take my word for it - read the paper).

If you choose to work at yesco "always have your bags packed," meaning use them for a paycheck while you are looking elsewhere for a good opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your archaic business model and add some creativity to the business. Maybe even show up to work every so often.

Just another pay check source.

Graphics Foreman (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThey allow you to use facilities for person projects so long as it was discussed before happening. Some really nice people in and out all the time.

ConsThey have a very skewed perception of what makes an employee valuable and tend to make poor decisions when it comes to hiring and firing. Getting a promotion can be long or impossible to achieve, what is commonly referred to as an "act of congress."

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to reduce top end waste, and stop giving people management jobs when they can hardly manage them selves. Tenure is placed far too highly on the list of items that makes a person valuable. Recognize more closely where the value in the operation is and focus more on the customers needs.

horrible 8 years ,I cant ever get those years back,waist of life

Maintenance (Former Employee) Logan, UT

Prosabsolutely none, nothing ,nada , management is not telling owners the truth, owners buy it !!

Conseverything they do and everything say

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the people who are actually doing the work ,and stop making bad decisions from the conference room

Old fashioned mormon, patriarchal culture

Administrator (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsEstablished company. No worries about it going out of business! There can be money to be made in Sales, if given the opportunity.

ConsDo NOT expect to be paid well or widely respected if you are a woman...no matter what kind of job you perform.
    This is a very tight knit largely held together by family ties and good ol' boys.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify your workforce in order to stay competitive with the changing world. Currently upper management all looks the same: Aging white men (very few exceptions). I agree with other posts: It's almost not worth paying for the health insurance.

Young Electric Sign Company Review

Assembler (Former Employee) Logan, UT

Proslaid back, fun work, creative work, nice co-workers

Consminimal advancement opportunity, mandatory overtime sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementa little more involved

Past experience

Install/Service Tech (Former Employee) Tualatin, OR

ProsThere are many opportunities to grow.

ConsSchedule can change with little or no notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality people make a quality company.

I have a good job , and plenty of flexability

Service Tech (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsVery good trucks and equiptment, flexability for time off

ConsThere is not enough paid time off or sick days to cover needed time off, and the health care plan is very expensive.

Worked for YESCO? Contribute to the Community!