YP Reviews

Reset
2.9
YP CEO David Krantz
David Krantz

Pros
  • Overall work life balance is good (in 23 reviews)

• Good benefits and work location (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • no diversity in upper management (in 24 reviews)

• Inconsistent goals for sales reps (in 20 reviews)

1. Digital Sales Executive

Current Employee - Digital Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Digital Sales Executive

I have been working at YP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay considering it was my first job out of college. How you will develop by going through the day-to-day in this job will open up a world of opportunity. As long as you exceed your quotas it is a hard working but highly rewarding job.

Cons

If it was easy, everybody would do it. Extremely competitive marketplace, both externally and internally. Not the best communication between departments within company.

2. Good work life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

I have been working at YP (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work flexibility available at all the locations

Cons

Lack of Clear vision from managers about new intitatives

3. Clerical

Former Employee - Special Directory Clerk in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Special Directory Clerk in Dallas, TX

I worked at YP

Pros

Steady work as a contractor

Cons

There are lots of changes

Advice to Management

Not sure

5. Digital Sales Executive

Current Employee - Digital Sales Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Digital Sales Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at YP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good Pay -Good Products -Nice Work Environment -Room for Career Advancement

Cons

-Customer Service(big company) -Turn Over

Advice to Management

Focus on the big fish. Also, fix your charge back for display(employee bonus issue)

AWESOME!

Former Employee - Executive Account Manager, Business Acquisitions in Birmingham, AL

I worked at YP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caring company offering employee benefits, great pay, training, and opportunity to grow. Unfortunately it is difficult to find a company where you feel like as an employee you are appreciated by even the very top in ranks but here you are. Loved the environment.

Cons

I was in sales. Its a tuff market and you need to be an excellent sales person as well as be great at multi tasking and working with several programs at one time while talking on the phone. Training I would give a 5 out of 10 but they are working to make that better and will hopefully be successful in their efforts. Be tuff, hang in there if you feel its for you and it will pay off in the long run.

Advice to Management

Improve on training and make sure your managers are WILLINGLY AND FREELY offering solid continued training and advice to new employees.as well as answering questions they may require to get off to an easier start. Improve on the programs used in sales. Intergrate them more and make them less complex.

Jul 24, 2015 – Recruiting Business Partner, Programs

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your honesty in speaking about your experience. We are always working on improving. If you’d like, you can fill out a more comprehensive survey, which will ... More

7. Great place to work and grow your sales career!

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Paramus, NJ

I worked at YP (Less than a year)

Pros

Great incentives and bonus structures Motivating Management Great culture and office environment

Cons

None that I can recall.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep your reps motivated as usual. The growth and teamwork is there. Jay and Matt are some of the best leaders out there in the business.

Digital marketing company fighting for market share in a competitive digital landscape

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I have been working at YP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

YP is finally trying to position itself as digital marketing company and not an obsolete print yellow pages company. YP has improved over the past year by providing in-house digital marketing solutions like websites and search engine marketing. Their customer care program has provided a wealth of data and has helped with the transition into a mobile focused digital marketing company. YP has made huge strides in customer service. YP is consistently hiring and now has one of the largest sales forces in the US. I am excited to see how our company can continue to gain market awareness and help local businesses and communities grow!

Cons

The senior leadership team provides a positive modern focus on the digital landscape but unfortunately middle management still uses the micro management philosophy of former AT&T. At times moral can be low due to the false urgency that management places on the sales teams and local leaders. The local sales managers and sales teams struggle to find enough time in the day for selling.

Advice to Management

As YP transitions away from traditional media, I would like to see middle management transition as well. I would like to see a stronger initial training/mentoring program established for new hires and promoted local sales managers. YP needs to adapt quicker and provide a more modern work atmosphere that provides a better work/life balance for their employees. YP can do that!

Jul 24, 2015 – Recruiting Business Partner, Programs

Thank you for 10 years in the YP workforce! We are always looking to improve, your feedback is important to us. Please email us at socialmedia@yp.com.

9. Difficult

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at YP

Pros

Yp is a great job for a beginner not a stable place.entry level.

Cons

Pay stress unorganized entry level

A decent place to work.

Former Employee - Premise Account Executive in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Premise Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I worked at YP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can make decent money here. As long as you can sell to new accounts regularly, management is happy.

Cons

You have to work about 50 - 60 hours per week to make a decent living. Clerical work takes up way too much selling time.

Advice to Management

A positive work environment breeds better sales reps. Also sales reps should not be responsible for order entry, they should spend more time in front of customers.

Jul 24, 2015 – Recruiting Business Partner, Programs

Thank you for 10 years in the YP workforce! We value your feedback and offer a comprehensive survey if you like to provide additional feedback. Please email us at socialmedia@yp.com.

Account representative premise

I have been working at YP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, vacation, car allowance , allowed me to provide for my family for many years- was a better job still ok-

Cons

Major company transition-Inconsistent management - one day we're going one way the next day another way! Hard to follow. management intimidation- a little works then it just makes you mad . .not a 40 hr a week job- much more -decreased commissions - BAD commission model - half of it is funny money to be taken back at the end of the year if you don't make quota. - managements way to weed out low performing reps. short term desperate mentality from top executives to make a number for an IPO- salesforce.com funnel which is a full time job cutting into doing the real job of sales and properly prepping for the sale--- products that don't deliver therefore emphasis on new customers to make up for loss- why loss? Because customers investment is high and return is low and in many cases the expense of the advertising can't be justified -- then customers cancel. Which equates to loss. Then you're chasing more customers and the cycle continues. Really a sad state of affairs -part of it is the world is changing to be more digital and yp is trying to be a big player after being print focused for years but there's no staying power with our digital products - not at a high tkt level anyway-Too much competition- doing a better job.

Advice to Management

The climate is pitiful and desperate- mgmt. needs the number today- right now - drop everything what did you sell in the last 5 min and what are you selling in the next 5 min- ridiculous- stop focusing on new sales focus on stuff that is going to work!!! And you won't have to fight the churn issue Listen;: Our biggest competition threat is smaller local companies that utilize local expertise for SEO along with SEM - techies that follow up in person after the sales reps sell the product is the innovative way to go. We need to do this for our survival-The bigger companies are hiring this type of service - and if we want the big sales - this is what we must provide. Trust me I hear it all day long - make the change and let's win this thing over- we tout premise reps for feet on the street - let's be the first large co to tout tech support follow up on premise- this equates to each sales rep team of 3-4 have a LOCAL tech support person who visits customer after the sale! The bigger companies or existing companies have already had an experience with us - and are aware of our capability- introduction of this would be a game changer-

Jul 2, 2015 – Recruiting Business Partner, Programs

Thank you for your 8 years of dedication to YP! We appreciate your honesty and offer a comprehensive survey to collect additional feedback if you'd like. Please email us at JoinUs@yp.com.

RSS Feed </> Embed