YP Reviews

577 reviews filtered by
2.8
YP CEO David Krantz
David Krantz

Pros
  • There are a lot of talented people who work there and the work life balance is great (in 23 reviews)

• Currently good benefits but they may be changing as a union agreement expires shortly (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has been also made aware of these issues and still nothing is done (in 24 reviews)

• sales reps handle EVERYTHING from beginning of sale to the end (in 20 reviews)

1. Finding its way

Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at YP full-time

Pros

Good environment, employees are treated for the most part with respect. Management is open to new ideas and generally forthcoming with company direction and financial results. Fair compensation and bonus structure.

Cons

Old out dated technology and systems. Rush products to market before they meet minimum industry standard and are fully vetted. Some veteran employees are change resistant and are unwilling to adapt and change to fit the current market and business environment.

Advice to Management

Invest in new technologies and systems. Make sure products are best in class before going to market. Fix the disconnect and culture class between Glendale and Tucker offices.

2. Good Overall experience

I worked at YP full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Large company, can be slow to change, but are now evolving more rapidly

3. Very high paying! Very good opportunity to make a ton of money!

I have been working at YP

Pros

The compensation is extremely aggressive and you can make a ton of money here! If you are good you could make $250k or more your first year!

The company invests a lot of money in you and therefore expects a lot! The company will give you a car allowance, a phone allowance and a very high paying commission structure and competitive base salary.

If you have the gusto to do the job then you will do well here! If you want to sell advertising then there is no better company on the industry!

Cons

You are it! You are left to figure a lot of things out! The company does not have a firm customer service department in place and it takes forever to fulfill orders and make updates. Very frustrating that I cannot follow through on a lot of my clients.

You are pretty much given a very aggressive goal to perform at a high level with very little training. The company is working a lot of kinks out and they leave a lot of that burden on the sales rep.

They pay well so therfore they expect blood, sweat, tears and your whole focus and attention. Too much work if you ask me.

I am relatively doing well here so far however I do not like that I must do things that make no sense and waste a lot of time like doing drop ins all over the city when I know I can be more productive with my time.

I don't like the fact that the expectations are almost unrealistic. You must be a player and if you are an entry level sales person then this is not the job for you.

Be prepared to work long hours and meet with business owners around the clock in order to meet your objectives.

Remember it's a career not a job. You will get paid a lot however you will have almost no life.

Advice to Management

Learn to let people who are producing keep doing what makes them successful. Stop throwing people into the wolves and give us more support. Don't expect us to sell all by self right out of the gate.  The training is too short. The job is way more complicated then I wanted it to be.

The job is high stressful. Make it more fun. Look at the results of the people you hire instead and understand the caliber sales people you hire.

Be more up front about the schedule in the interviea and be more upfront about what it actually takes to be successful. If the job demands more than 40 hours then say so in the interview.

If it's gonna take all my time, energy, and effort to succeed then be up front in the interview please!

Your customer support sucks! I cannot get things done for my clients in a timely manner. I cannot call anyone to check on the status of changes I submitted. Customer support is not the priority at this time. Only new business!

Digital Sales Executive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at YP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love this job so far. Our management is super nice and are super helpful whenever we need them. They pretty much provide you with every tool that you need to succeed. You just have to have the brains to know how to use them, so if you are not tech saavy...this probably isn't the job for you. They provide you with a laptop, ipad, and a monthly stipend for gas and cell phone bill. I have only been with them for a month, but they have treated me as if I have been there forever since day one. Great place to work for.

Cons

A lot to take in----with more stuff being learned on them job then in your week of training in California.

Cannot take any time off work in the first 6 months unless you earn a day off.

Advice to Management

None yet! I'll think of some I'm sure as I am there longer!

6. Software Engineer, Test

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer, Test in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer, Test in Glendale, CA

I worked at YP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pockets of brilliance
    Work with enormous data
    Engineering largely unhampered, technologically
    Employee engagement efforts are improving

Cons

Concerns are broken up into little fiefdoms which don't work well together
    Too much fudging for a test organization
    Pervasive tradition of inertia

Advice to Management

Flatten
    Co-mingle
    YAGNI

Area Sales Manager

I worked at YP full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity to make money, A wide variety of products to sale. Very strong brand that is well know (AT&T Yellow page lineage).

Cons

Executive Management is a bit disconnected to the front line. They look at top line numbers and care mainly about the number of feet on the street versus the quality of an individual. I heard it more than once, "its all about a number." I guess I was just a number too then.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the product fulfillment. Your sales team is great at getting sales, but your fulfillment team lacks skill in getting programs ramped up.

8. Marketing Services for Clients

I worked at YP full-time

Pros

HQ was a great building in an up and coming area of LA, so it was fairly easy to get to.
    The company tried to be innovative and take care of their employees.

Cons

Disjointed and incompetent management teams.
    Was very difficult to get anything done because it had to go through many channels, however the expectation was innovation and quick turnaround on product releases.

Advice to Management

Don't just go through the motions, actually be sincere about the well being and growth of your employees. Trickle down all your conferences and leadership seminars to the whole team.

9. great stuff

I have been working at YP

Pros

great money good products online stutt

Cons

no customer service time magme t too much paperwrok

Advice to Management

more cust service training less paperwork

10. Sales

I have been working at YP

Pros

Good money and nice co-workers

Cons

Poor costumer service and follow through

Heading in one direction- No one knows which one though.

I have been working at YP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay. Good benefits

Cons

Build the plane as you fly it mentality. We are going 700 MPH with no direction. Goal changes weekly.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Listen to them and your customers. You'll be surprised how much you can fix.