YP Reviews

Updated October 19, 2014
2.6

YP CEO David Krantz
David Krantz

Pros
  • There are a lot of talented people who work there and the work life balance is great (in 23 reviews)

• Currently good benefits but they may be changing as a union agreement expires shortly (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has been also made aware of these issues and still nothing is done (in 23 reviews)

• sales reps handle EVERYTHING from beginning of sale to the end (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

YP does not seem to care for their employees.

Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at YP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent entry level job opportunity for recent grads.

Cons

A month before my start date, I had to withdraw my acceptance due to personal reasons. I informed my recruiter and manager of my situation and sought any options. I did not ever receive a response from either, and became aware of them contacting a colleague of mine for the position on the SAME day I had reported my withdrawl. This does not reflect any level of care or consideration for the people that would be filling their jobs, as they simply discarded my notice and moved on without a word. I still have not heard a thing and have no idea technically if I am employed by them or not.

Care a little bit about the people you are recruiting to do your jobs and offer basic, professional treatment of others. (Like a simple reply, let alone an automated one.)

Good and Bad. Fast Paced. Lack of Diversity in the Top Leadership Team. Owned by a financial investment firm.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at YP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and some good managers. The office environment is not too bad. Many people have a positive outlook. The environment is never the same and is always changing.

Cons

Lack of diversity. Lack of clear processes and procedures. Manual environment. Most people are stuck there because this company used to be a part of AT&T. Owned by an investment firm so not sure how that will play out in the future. Commissions always seemed to be inaccurate.

Take more time to thoroughly vet through a project plan during the planning stage. Initiatives are rolled out too quickly without proper planning and communication. That is why projects tend to fail. The veteran managers and the newer managers need to get on the same page and quit fighting with each other over whose view is right. Compromise.

Okay

Current Employee - Premise Account Representative
    Current Employee - Premise Account Representative

I have been working at YP full-time

Pros

The effort to improve and deliver products/services is there The implementation and execution is not. Professional, Sharp Employees. Training Tools and Resources are abundant.

Cons

They just reduced car allowance and vacation pay while expanding sales charge backs. Having the private equity firm Cerberus as the owner is unsettling. The have 1 foot in and 1 foot out. Antiquated sales systems. paperwork intensive and micro managers.

Figure out why customers aren't referring other customers to us

Along time coming

Current Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at YP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good hours, good pay. Training is excellent and the employees are friendly. Really enjoy the clubs, events, and the work-life balance they encourage.

Cons

The systems are outdated. They believe in sending the work out to vendors versus hiring employees to do the job. How can you show ownership to customers if you are speaking to a vendor.

In some parts of the company they need to select better managers or at least give supervisor/management training. Select people who are leaders not just molds (lap dogs) of managers who have been there.

Great training experience!

Current Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at YP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Just completed the 5 week university hire training and it was an absolute blast! We learned lots of information but the trainers kept it fun. People at YP are great to work and learn with. Excited to do VERY well with YP!

Cons

Lack of territories makes the environment more individualist than collaborative.

SOLO orders are a pain to do and submitting orders and fixing queries takes time away from calling time!

Good place to work

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at YP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The digital side of the business creates a lot of sales opportunities. M-F 9 to 5 with no weekends, and no caps on commission. There is a lot of room for advancement. You don't have to source your own leads.

Cons

Union environment(whether you consider that a con or not is up to you), A little buttoned down and old fashion for a top 40 webite

If you can handle the pressure and are good at selling, you might want to check them out.

Current Employee - Premise Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Premise Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at YP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is truly a job that the harder you work the more income you can make. You need to be a self starter and aggressive and then the pay is good. No weekends unless your behind and decide yourself you need to come into the office. Good insurance and vacation time.

Cons

Your manager can be a micro manager. the computers and some of the systems are out dated and are a challenge to get your work done because so much of this job is inputing things into the computer.

Trust your employees, if they are not working hard, it will show up very soon. Don't micro manage, if your Rep is getting the job done, do you care how and what they did to get it done? you shouldn't

Great Company! Great Product!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at YP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Digital products are very competitive. YP.com generates more traffic then competitor sites, and the prices are very reasonable.

Cons

Vendor products are not that great

stay positive

Key Account Executive

Current Employee - Key Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Key Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at YP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great job and money, good benefits and work culture.

Cons

Leadership opportunities and growth potential minimal.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

I have been working at YP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance. I really like the people I work with. Now that company is on its own they are trying to bring back a 'fun culture' that AT&T took away. Quality cafeteria in the building.

Cons

Still trying to get on its own feet with data and data access. Takes a while to get everything transitioned to new systems and roll out processes. Definitely improving but can feel frustrating at times. Some of the younger workers and/or unionized workers have too much of an entitlement mentality that brings down the culture.

Need better access to data across the board. Improved systems. Less Union