YPM Reviews

Updated May 23, 2014
Updated May 23, 2014

2.9

James E. Lendino

Collaborative, team environment, positive place to work and learn!

I have been working at YPM full-time

Pros

Company has great work-life balance. Work hard/play hard atmosphere. Everyone is extremely nice and easy to work with. The training program for Media Managers sets you up for success. I feel valued and know that good work will be recognized and compensated fairly. I can't say enough good things!

Cons

They only want the very best so sometimes the job can be demanding, but management is very open about the process and the culture. It's really a lovely place to work.

Great Company

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at YPM full-time for less than a year

Pros

benefits, people, training, work/life balance,compensation

Cons

trust your employees and let them do their job ..management

trust your employees

Environment

I have been working at YPM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent paying job if right out of college and good with excel and internet media knowledge.

Cons

Work hours are longer than most. Environment is stiff and Nazi like.

Give examples of what work life balance is like during interview and give examples of what exactly they will be doing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice work environment, but mostly dated

I worked at YPM full-time

Pros

Most employees were extremely kind. Salary is satisfactory. Expanding to digital front. Nice team building exercises. Work is mostly 8-515. Business casual dress most days.

Cons

Too much micromanagement. Mostly still based on yellow page advertising. Prioritize seniority over performance mostly. Very structural, they want you there from 8-5. Weird rules like they allowance of mustaches but not beards. Lots of talking in whispered voices.

Eliminate the unnecessary structure.

Horrible!

I worked at YPM

Pros

If you enjoy data-entry, micro-management and have no marketing/advertising experience, then this would be a fit.

Cons

Don't let the Media Manager title be misleading. The role consists primarily of data-entry and clerical work for the yellow pages, and you are micro-managed through it all. The training program is not effective and management has no trust for the people they lead. Be prepared to have all of your work and email communication checked by your manager prior to completing anything on your own, or for things they really don't trust you on, management will have to do it for you. The company's policy's are very old-fashion and inflexible - don't plan on having access to the outside world during the hours of 8AM - 5 PM (cell phones are not allowed). And although the Media Manager role is an exempt position, your time is managed as if you were a non-exempt employee. Would not recommend this role unless you are truly looking for an entry-level position.

This is an entry-level role, hire people who are truly entry-level. Trust the people who work for you. Review your company policies....we are in the year 2011.

Professional, Demanding & Satisfying place to work

I worked at YPM

Pros

YPM employees some of the best people around. There is no fat at this company. Everyone who has been there for any length of time is very competent at their job. I believe the pay is very fair with what the job entails. The training is fantastic and gives any solid employee the tools to succeed.

Cons

The job is demanding (like any job). If you cannot operate at a high level, it will be communicated to you. To me this is still a "pro." This goes back to YPM only wanting the very best.

None, other than to trust the people that work for you. They are great, but I know management knows this.

Dont work here

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at YPM

Pros

You get to be an order taker for yellow page directories.

Cons

Poor Management, Dead End Career, Micro-Managers, Not a fun Place to Work, and Yellow Pages to name a few.

Im sorry you still work there.

Excellent company & people

I worked at YPM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great owners, good pay, fair opportunities

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

Revolving Door

Current Employee - Media Manager
    Current Employee - Media Manager

I have been working at YPM full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for entry level career only

Cons

This company follows unethical business practices. It's a family owned private business so they get away with everything. It is impossible to reach the top. They are discriminating towards the appearance of their staff. The majority of employees hired are inexperienced and uneducated. Only a selective few are actually competent.. The owners like to follow a "cost effective" strategy when it comes to their employees, so don't expect to be compensated highly. The pockets of the owners always stay full. The industry is going downhill and will likely disappear. The staff is like a revolving door and turnover is high.

Share the wealth.

Worked for YPM? Contribute to the Community!