YPM

Be The First To
Add Photos

James E. Lendino

Great Company

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Irvine, CA

I worked at YPM full-time for less than a year

Prosbenefits, people, training, work/life balance,compensation

Construst your employees and let them do their job ..management

Advice to Senior Managementtrust your employees

Environment

I have been working at YPM full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent paying job if right out of college and good with excel and internet media knowledge.

ConsWork hours are longer than most. Environment is stiff and Nazi like.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive examples of what work life balance is like during interview and give examples of what exactly they will be doing.

Nice work environment, but mostly dated

I worked at YPM full-time

ProsMost employees were extremely kind. Salary is satisfactory. Expanding to digital front. Nice team building exercises. Work is mostly 8-515. Business casual dress most days.

ConsToo much micromanagement. Mostly still based on yellow page advertising. Prioritize seniority over performance mostly. Very structural, they want you there from 8-5. Weird rules like they allowance of mustaches but not beards. Lots of talking in whispered voices.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the unnecessary structure.

Horrible!

I worked at YPM

ProsIf you enjoy data-entry, micro-management and have no marketing/advertising experience, then this would be a fit.

ConsDon't let the Media Manager title be misleading. The role consists primarily of data-entry and clerical work for the yellow pages, and you are micro-managed through it all. The training program is not effective and management has no trust for the people they lead. Be prepared to have all of your work and email communication checked by your manager prior to completing anything on your own, or for things they really don't trust you on, management will have to do it for you. The company's policy's are very old-fashion and inflexible - don't plan on having access to the outside world during the hours of 8AM - 5 PM (cell phones are not allowed). And although the Media Manager role is an exempt position, your time is managed as if you were a non-exempt employee. Would not recommend this role unless you are truly looking for an entry-level position.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is an entry-level role, hire people who are truly entry-level. Trust the people who work for you. Review your company policies....we are in the year 2011.

Professional, Demanding & Satisfying place to work

I worked at YPM

ProsYPM employees some of the best people around. There is no fat at this company. Everyone who has been there for any length of time is very competent at their job. I believe the pay is very fair with what the job entails. The training is fantastic and gives any solid employee the tools to succeed.

ConsThe job is demanding (like any job). If you cannot operate at a high level, it will be communicated to you. To me this is still a "pro." This goes back to YPM only wanting the very best.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, other than to trust the people that work for you. They are great, but I know management knows this.

Dont work here

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at YPM

ProsYou get to be an order taker for yellow page directories.

ConsPoor Management, Dead End Career, Micro-Managers, Not a fun Place to Work, and Yellow Pages to name a few.

Advice to Senior ManagementIm sorry you still work there.

Excellent company & people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at YPM full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat owners, good pay, fair opportunities

ConsI have nothing negative to say

Revolving Door

Media Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at YPM full-time for more than a year

ProsGood for entry level career only

ConsThis company follows unethical business practices. It's a family owned private business so they get away with everything. It is impossible to reach the top. They are discriminating towards the appearance of their staff. The majority of employees hired are inexperienced and uneducated. Only a selective few are actually competent.. The owners like to follow a "cost effective" strategy when it comes to their employees, so don't expect to be compensated highly. The pockets of the owners always stay full. The industry is going downhill and will likely disappear. The staff is like a revolving door and turnover is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth.

micromanaging

I have been working at YPM

ProsHave met some great people. Great location.

ConsIncompetency of upper management, very high turn over. Dead silent work environment.

Worked for YPM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at YPM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for YPM CEO James E. Lendino. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by YPM employees.