YTB International

Add Photos

J. Scott Tomer

pleasant

Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Prosvariety of tasks to focus on in order to earn revenue

Conslow pay incentives per items

Advice to Senior Managementunavailable

Great place to work

Bank Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) Wood River, IL

ProsWonderful atmosphere to work in.

ConsManagement needs to listen to employees when they see a potential problem

Wish you Good Luck!

Senior Designer (Former Employee) Wood River, IL

ProsWholesome atmosphere. Clean-cut employees. Great pay. Conservative. An opportunity to do the work that I love to do. Great personable senior management!!!

ConsLittle to no room to grow professionally. Company did not back its employees professionally.
    Company not stable financially. Many layoffs. Did creative work. Would have liked a more private area to do this creative work.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can only cut a business back so much. You've lost your best talent. There's no company left to run.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Give it a try!!!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYTB International, Inc. was recognized as the 26th largest seller of travel in the U.S. in Travel Weekly's 2008 Power List, based on 2007 annual retail value of travel services booked. The Company provides Internet-based travel booking services for home-based independent representatives in the United States, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, Canada, Bermuda, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

ConsThe Company operates through three subsidiaries: YourTravelBiz.com, Inc., YTB Travel Network, Inc., and REZconnect Technologies, Inc. YourTravelBiz.com focuses on marketing online travel websites through a nationwide network of independent business people, known as 'Reps.'

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

One rollercoaster ride after another

ProsThe perks in my department were pretty good -- comp time for overtime worked; ability to work at home frequently. Company wide perks -- casual dress code year round: winter -- jeans, tennis shoes & sweatshirts; summer -- jeans, T-shirts, shorts, tennis shoes, & flip flops.

ConsPay is below average for same positions in this area. Only members of the "Good Ole Boys" club get promotions and can play golf and get paid for it. Promotions only go to buddies of the owners and upper management. WAY TOO many family members are hired and put in upper management positions. Owners/upper management are terrible at making intelligent business decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you really want to cut costs, stop laying off low paying hard workers. And start getting rid of the high paying loafers who do NOTHING productive, EVER. (TG, TC, GF, to suggest a few).

Worked for YTB International? Contribute to the Community!