Yard House

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Harald Herrmann

Pros
  • Got along well with co-workers, great food, and dedication will reward you well(in 5 reviews)

• Free lunches, great people, management is great(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, the front desk has a tendency to double seat you(in 5 reviews)

• Long hours, foot soldiers catering to employees, no quality of life, eat quickly on break,(in 5 reviews)

Great company for dedicated team members.

Server (Current Employee)

ProsPerformance based pay and scheduling is great for team members that work hard.

ConsFor how consistently busy this restaurant is, they have very limited resources for servers. For example, having one beverage station makes it impossible to get drinks in the amount of time expected of us especially when it is busy.

Restaurant Manager

Manager (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsReputable company with excellent food and awesome selection of beer!

ConsDepending on the store your at you work hard! They get their money's worth out of you your bussing tables, running food, running drinks from the bar, seating guest, etc... it's just over whelming and no one that works for the company be it manager, server, or bartender is ever really comfortable always on edge for fear of being fired or wrote up. It's a huge catch 22 hold the staff accountable but in turn they can hold you accountable if you don't do what they ask of you. For what they pay just does not balance for the stress you deal with drunks, fights, late nights were talking 3:30am if your closing on weekends plus double HH Mon through Weds. No thanks! P.S all the management is cut throat and will throw you under the bus in 2 seconds. Funny thing is all the corporate people who use to work at the main office in Irvine were let go cause Darden bought YH and we're given the opportunity to go back in the restaurants and 90% said no cause they know what they would be in for. Lol!

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck.

Good atmosphere, good culture

Server (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsStructured in a good way, advancement opportunities, benefits available if you want them. You learn a lot about beer! Lots of staff and management on every shift. Staff is recognized and rewarded for good work.

ConsHotschedules can be really impersonal. Mistakes are held against you. Sometimes being really corporate restricts flexibility and some things really strict.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to stay flexible. Just because it's corporate does mean everything is black and white.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat salary, benifits, great food, bonus

ConsLong hours, foot soldiers catering to employees, no quality of life, eat quickly on break,

Poor Location, but neat concept

Food Server (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe food was good, lots of beer choices, great concept

ConsMust work extremely long hours to make any money. Required to tip out 35% of what you make to bartenders, food runners, and bussers. Poor location of this specific store made it even more difficult to make money, low tips, even to top servers.

good restuarant to work for

Server (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

Prosfun environment, with great people, and good music!

Consmanagers don't care about you. your just a number.

Advice to Senior Managementgiving seniority set schedules and listening to your employees instead of making assumptions.

Just hired, excited

ProsGood company culture
    Managers find ways to improve you
    Good energy and vibes all around
    Location is great and im sure we will all make good money in the future

ConsTraining needs to be more structured
    I hear its hard to get promoted
    Some trainers dont seem to guide you on what you should be doing

Excellent

Manager (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsExciting, busy, never a dull moment. Good benefits excellent core of managers. Very professional staff. Top notch food.

ConsTransfer managers to other stores frequently, late night, long hours sometimes having to close then return a few hours later.

Fast pace restaurant. Possible advancement if they feel you fit the culture.

Server (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIf you are in the right area, tips can be good. You have to be on your A game constantly.

ConsManagement is usually pretty terrible. Training is lacking considerably, hard work is generally not recognized as promotions or positions become available. Valuable talent is not retained as contributions are not recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe observant to the talent/potential you have within associates. Nurture and grow and reward such talent. Working on eggshells mentality is never conducive to a positive work environment. Do away with some of the foolish write ups and be more willing to coach and teach rather than condemn.

Horrible

Prosnone....training was too long

Conswork-life balance was not good

Worked for Yard House? Contribute to the Community!