Yardi Systems

www.yardi.com

Yardi Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Yardi Systems – Santa Barbara – “Yardi HQ”

Yardi Systems President Anant Yardi

Anant Yardi

Pros
  • Friendly co-workers, casual dress code, good benefits and salary is OK after changing to exempt(in 11 reviews)

• In general the work environment is positive and not stressful(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for advancement(in 5 reviews)

• Much room for growth in technical positions but growth in my position would only come years down the line(in 5 reviews)

I love working here!

Senior Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThey have a great environment that is relaxed, and I love my co-workers. You also get to wear jeans! They have great benefits, and management will stand behind you.

ConsThe company could do a much better job of staying connected across offices. They really struggle to maintain consistency when delivering policies/procedures between offices. Also the department you are in really makes a difference on advancement.

great place to work

Prosgreat place to work for

Consno cons that I can think of

Fair

ProsThe people are great. Great entry-level place.

ConsBelow average pay. Decisions from upper management to fix problems are slow.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No career path

Pros~Company is growing and seems financially stable
    ~Low stress, casual environment
    ~Company-paid healthcare
    ~401(k)

Cons~The company requires employees to stay in their current position for two years before moving to a different position; this effectively stifles career growth.
    ~Many corporate jobs which could be done remotely remain unfilled because they require relocation to Santa Barbara.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a virtual world out there; experiment with allowing some non-sales corporate jobs to be done outside of HQ and you may find some amazing talent.

A large growing corporation with the private owner

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsWorking in a large corporation has advantages – stable environment, good benefits…. However, it is very often that an employee, especially employee with ideas, feels lost in a big company. The extreme case of a large corporation is a socialistic state, which suppresses internal competition
    The corporation is large – about 4000 employees. A health insurance for employees is free. The company hires a negotiator specifically to help employees for dealing with insurance companies – it is a nice service I had never seen before. For several years of work I have never seen any layoffs and the number of employees is constantly growing. As far as I know employees get annual raise. Having flexible holidays is nice too. In general the work environment is positive and not stressful. There is also the significant employer contribution to the 401K plan.
    The large company still has the private owner -Mr. Yardi. When Mr. Yardi visited our facility he after meeting with managers greeted software developers and QA managers by names - it was touching. The HR vice president told me that Mr. Yardi during project discussions asks specifically about the input of every developer involved in the project.

ConsThe company is growing, and the hierarchical structure gets stricter. In 2013 the Yardi employees overwhelmingly reviewed the corporation positively (about 90%) in terms of work environment, benefits, salary, and stability. However, the opportunities for career growth got only about 55% of approval. I also was not promoted in terms of my position and I did not understand the criteria for possible promotion.
    Mr. Yardi promised to work on this issue, ordering managers to set up reasonable career goals for employees.

Enjoyable Work Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe team is pleasant to work with, both locally and across locations. There is opportunity for professional growth. Work life balance is important to this company.

ConsYou have to be flexible and willing to work on whatever project needs attention. Unless you have a window seat, the office feels a little tight.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe occasional off-site would be nice. Thank you for working so hard.

Some improvements, but...

ProsFriendly co-workers, casual dress code, good benefits and salary is OK after changing to exempt.

ConsNot a lot of opportunity for advancement. After recent CSD structure change it is the same old people in charge with new titles. Lots of yes men in management who tell the owner what he wants to hear instead of what is really going on. Cloud services is completely broken with people waiting days and days for upgrades for database restores and upgrades and CSD left to make excuses for why the problems aren't solved yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo another survey and read the answers.

Very stable company that is growing at over 20% in spite of itself

Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsReally strong product (widely recognized as best in the industry)
    Sales team staffed with good people
    If you have the right manager there are some great ones
    Company treats you well, good healthcare, profit sharing, etc.
    No micro-management in sales

ConsLower pay than other comparable companies
    Don't utilize many of the technologies that we sell
    Slow to make changes because all big decisions go through the top 5 or 6 people in a company of over 3000 people
    No training resources for sales
    Really bad CRM system (should have bought SalesForce rather than building our own)

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a larger focus on training salespeople and career development, because right now there is none.

Good, stable, always growing company

ProsGreat benefits and the atmosphere is very healthy.

ConsStagnate growth opportunities for current employee. Lack of structure within the departments of the company.

Great company to work for

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGrowing company, good benefits, opportunities for advancement are available for motivated employees, casual and friendly work environment

ConsRapid growth (though a great problem to have) can be challenging for employees. Pros absolutely outweigh the cons at Yardi.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure employees have the tools and technology necessary to meet daily demands.

Worked for Yardi Systems? Contribute to the Community!