Yardi Systems

Updated January 27, 2015
3.6

Yardi Systems President Anant Yardi
Anant Yardi

Pros
  • Great work-life balance (especially ladies should take into notice) (in 8 reviews)

• Friendly co-workers, casual dress code, good benefits and salary is OK after changing to exempt (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay, management is not qualified with handling people skills (in 9 reviews)

• There is no room for advancement (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

Familial working environment, everyone's a team player, opportunity for advancement.

Cons

There are no cons to working for Yardi.

Technical Account Manager

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun professional environment to work in

Cons

Its all about who you know. Not a bad thing

Keep up the good work

Nice place to work

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Its a nice place to work. There is no dress code for work. They just expect you to be decent. Flexible hours of work. Appreciative management.

Cons

For some team, a lot of development is happening which is a good thing but the work force they provide is sometimes less.
    In some departments like customer support, the pay is low.

Great for those who want to start their Career (but not stay)

Current Employee - Programmer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Programmer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really like working at this company because most of my peers are within 5 years of graduation. We all work as a team when one of us gets stuck. Everyone is very friendly and the deadlines are reasonable. My boss is a great family man and pushes us all to make the product exactly as the customer wants it. We all basically love our work because it is reasonable and we get a lot of time off (or no work at all depending on the season).

Cons

Some of the team you might work with will be all over the world. That meas that you will need to either be in a meeting in the middle of the night or, if you are lucky, they will need to talk to you when it's the middle of the night for them. There are seems to be a bit of stagnation when you are in this company. No news of moving around, nothing big ever really happens. You just do the motions and that is it. If anything, this is a stepping stone company. You work here for a little while and like everyone else you move on to another opportunity. I will not be the exception here. Lastly, the designs seem just a bit outdated. But this makes sense since most of our clientele are not use to computers.

I have no problem with management in this company. They really do treat you with respect, as far as I know from experience. They really want the product to succeed and I applaud them for it.

Educational

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

Great co-workers and benefits offered

Cons

training can use some improvement

Company is growing, but your career won't

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

All benefits paid.

Cons

This was an OK company to work at, but after a few months I knew I wouldn’t be here long. It’s definitely laid back and you will not end up with a demanding work load. I told my boss on a number of occasions that I didn’t really have anything to do and it took me a while to get that they just don’t care about challenging employees. Which leads me to the next thing which plenty of reviewers stated: there is absolutely ZERO growth. No matter how good or bad you are, no movement. Unless you are the 0.05 percent that a) started working there in the 90’s or b) somehow became a VPs favorite. Favoritism was rampant in sales. Positions and promotions given to a very select few and the same were not given to everyone. Very clique-y. The small handful of upper management are nice, but they are the sole decision makers for the company and are traveling all the time and/or out of touch with daily operations in each dept. I knew I had to leave when the results of the 1st company survey were being presented by the CEO and he said all of the negative or critical reviews were from disgruntled employees. I think a lot of the fresh out of college hires think they have a super cool culture b/c they have never worked anywhere else. Once they hit mid to late 20s they leave. This place is a sea of cubicles and their idea of a fun activity is sitting in a circle in a big room and eating a catered lunch for everyone’s birthdays and forcing people to tell stories. The pay is way too low for how profitable this company is and the location in SB.

If you don’t reorganize the company structure and allow for your minions to grow you will have inexperienced and bottom of the barrel talent left.

Growing company

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy going friendly, welcoming work place.

Cons

It seems growth and advancement is for a select few.

Great Place To Work At If You Want A Chill Job

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is very relaxed. It is not one of those high pressure high stress environments where not meeting deadlines will get you fired. That being said you are expected to get your work done within a range of dates. Stuff happens and they are understanding. For the most part, once you get the hang of it and there no hiccups you should be able to always meet deadlines. 75% of the month feels like downtime and prep work while the remaining 25% is when you burst through your workload (this is expected of you).

Great Medical Benefits. Single, Male, within 22-28 age range and I pay roughly $6 for health, dental, vision insurance.

Flexible work schedule.

Profit sharing.

Cons

This is not one of those companies like the ones your friend is in where they get some raise like 10%-20% and couple thousand as a bonus. Here you get 1%(poor performance) - 3% (great performance). Bonus here is $250 which after taxes you will see about $160. Moving up the ranks is slower than a sloth.

Great management crew. They really care about the individuals. If your position is not working and you are not performing up to standards they will find a different position that would be more suited for you instead of firing you.

Great place to build a career

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, fun atmosphere, hard work but it's rewarded. Those who work hard have lots of opportunities. Culture is great, and it's mostly relaxed and fun

Cons

Fast growth sometimes means there arent enough people to do all the work. They are hiring as quickly as they can to keep up.

Excellent career opportunities

Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems (more than 5 years)

Pros

Positive growth of company as a whole, wide variety of career options/growth within the company (also promotion from within), access to resources, never boring, good teams and coworkers

Cons

Sometimes understaffing concerns due to business demand for software, sometimes the company still thinks small/could use more formalized project management process

Yardi Systems Photos