Yardi Systems Reviews

172 reviews filtered by
3.7
Yardi Systems President Anant Yardi
Anant Yardi

Pros
  • Great work-life balance (especially ladies should take into notice) (in 8 reviews)

• Friendly co-workers, casual dress code, good benefits and salary is OK after changing to exempt (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay, management is not qualified with handling people skills (in 9 reviews)

• There is no room for advancement (in 5 reviews)

Great products, great people

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Definitely the people. There is generally a caring attitude toward employees and clients alike. The products are varied enough to work with that there is no reason to ever get bored. The company is growing and you can make your own path in lot of ways. It is an easy, relaxed environment.

Cons

The company has grown quickly and many people have been promoted into management with no training or knowledge of doing their jobs. Promotions and salaries, as well as opportunities are not equal company-wide. If one office is expanding, then relatively new employees will be promoted and those in other offices are not given the opportunity to apply for those positions.

Consider management training and having company-wide expectations and opportunities. Some really good people are getting left behind because their untrained management does not recognize their abilities. The field of vision is too narrow. Upper management does not see or notice some of the lower level shining stars. There is definitely favoritism office to office. We're big enough now to put some real management practices into place and stop with the "seat of the pants" decisions. There is great talent to be tapped into if the right processes are allowed to happen.

2. Technical Account Manager

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good training, Team Environment, Small teams, not a lot of turnover, company is the gorilla in its space, company will help you accomplish your career goals within the company.

Cons

Tend to hire people that do not have a lot of experience in the software industry
    Not flexible in that no ability to work from home unless its good for the company (weather problems)

Focus more on quality and using tools to find the 20% of the problems that will lead to improvements.

3. Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I work with a great team of supportive and bright people, the company embraces work-life balance. I don't go home stressed out about work, and in the mornings I'm happy to do work I enjoy. Directors show appreciation for the work that is done.

Cons

There is some disorganization between departments that comes from growing pains; the company has grown very quickly in the last decade.

Keep it up!

5. I never hate coming to work

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

The people you work with are amazing. They seem to find fantastic, smart and energetic people. It's extremely family oriented, and places high importance on living an active lifestyle. There is a gym, and there is even a group who goes swimming in the ocean everyday at lunch! I have never felt pressured to do something out of my comfort zone, and the environment is very relaxed. The CEO is one of the most humble, intelligent, yet fiercely competitive people I have ever known.

Cons

The reviews about pay are true. You gain a great environment, but you do not get compensated nearly as much as other companies in the same industry. It is not a sales organization. They tend to not give raises, and the commission structure is not much to sing about. Like all sales positions, your criteria gets smaller each year, but you are expected to sell more, which is fine, but they need to understand that we still need to get paid enough to live in such an expensive city (for those of us in Santa Barbara). Internal communication is lacking, and yes, turnover is very high (probably due to low pay). Because of the high turnover rate, you wind up working with people who are not as trained as they should be (not their fault) and they don't stay long enough to get property trained (again, all because of they pay). The pay is honestly the cause of anything negative. Otherwise, this would be the best place to work.

Fight to get higher salaries so you can keep the good people!

6. Enjoyed working here, didn't see a lot of future opportunity.

Former Employee - Technical Analyst
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst

I worked at Yardi Systems

Pros

Friendly management, coworkers were easy going

Cons

Not a lot of forward looking leaders. Cogs in a ststem

Recognize and reward those who excel. Get out of 'seniority' mode

7. Not a bad company to work for.

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

If you are in a profitable sector of the company you will reap the benefits and glory. Very liberal company.

Cons

Outsourcing many of the positions.

Nice work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

Insurance premiums are paid by the company. Comfortable work environment. Very nice people, casual work dress.

Cons

Training is vague, no step by step instruction on how to perform job.

9. Great learning experience in project management

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

great team atmosphere (depending on what team you get to work with)

Cons

not clear on advancement opportunities

Technical Account Manager

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent culture, great benefits, top of the line in technology

Cons

compensation not adequate for experience and education

The rich get richer...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

Laid back environment with little pressure. It's easy to feel like you have job security and they hire great people (for the most part). They like to find a position that is right for you, and will move you around until you find it. I feel like there is a lot of opportunity to work your way up.

Cons

The pay is terrible
    Benefits are nothing to write home about
    Internal communication is lacking
    They don't really care about their sales people
    They lack training
    Turnover is incredibly high
    They almost never give raises and make it nearly impossible to survive in the city their main office is in
    Their "Christmas bonus" is a joke

Take better care of your employees financially. If you care about work/life balance, you would pay them enough to actually enjoy life a little bit. Listen to the opinions of those around you and take a very good look at the company wide turnover, as it says a lot about a company.

Yardi Systems Photos