Yardi Systems Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Application specialist

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time

Pros

great coworkers and friendly, supportive work environment. Self-motivated and active people who encourage each other to push themselves.

Cons

Product is constantly evolving and improving. It is difficult for clients and employees to keep up

Advice to Management

maintain the positive work environment, continue to promote an open and collaborative work experience

2. Technical Account Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the staff is friendly

Cons

Hard work for the pay and location is less than ideal

Advice to Management

Pay the industry standard at least

3. Application Specialist

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

I absolutely love Yardi, it's philanthropy , and family environment

Cons

there are no cons. I love it here

5. Sales Executive

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nobody is micro-managing you. If you perform well and bring results you can advance your title and get promotions.

Cons

They don't pay very well.

Advice to Management

Pay professional sales people more.

What a bunch of Poisonous Characters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you work out at the gym they have on location, You can hang your wet towel in your cubical to dry

Cons

Just a bunch of poisonous characters who excel at impressing higher-ups while undercutting their peers. -

7. Cross your fingers you have a good team

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Business casual for dress code. Good benefits.

Cons

Very clicky! Your better hope and pray you get put on a team where they help you learn the job. Elearnings are the main way to learn the job and they're so boring! Classes tought by employees are supposed to be helpful but half the time you have no idea what they're talking about and end up leaving the class even more confused on what you were supposed to learn. When you start people act like its a burden to help you. Hands on experience is the best way to learn but you feel hopeless because you aren't closing as many cases as your coworkers. If you reach out to other people for help that aren't on your team it's frowned upon. The company is growing at such a rapid pace that management can't keep up with anything. They don't practice what they preach at Yardi Systems.

Advice to Management

Come off more professional. Be more proactive with your new hires and help them! Make sure you're other employees are helpful and nice. Have teamleads that actually care about your team! Also if a team lead is a lead they should be there every day and not just two times a week... And last but not least check more on what your employees are actually doing 75% of the time people are on Reddit or shopping and then and not billing time correctly.

Great products, great people

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Definitely the people. There is generally a caring attitude toward employees and clients alike. The products are varied enough to work with that there is no reason to ever get bored. The company is growing and you can make your own path in lot of ways. It is an easy, relaxed environment.

Cons

The company has grown quickly and many people have been promoted into management with no training or knowledge of doing their jobs. Promotions and salaries, as well as opportunities are not equal company-wide. If one office is expanding, then relatively new employees will be promoted and those in other offices are not given the opportunity to apply for those positions.

Advice to Management

Consider management training and having company-wide expectations and opportunities. Some really good people are getting left behind because their untrained management does not recognize their abilities. The field of vision is too narrow. Upper management does not see or notice some of the lower level shining stars. There is definitely favoritism office to office. We're big enough now to put some real management practices into place and stop with the "seat of the pants" decisions. There is great talent to be tapped into if the right processes are allowed to happen.

Technical Account Manager

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training, Team Environment, Small teams, not a lot of turnover, company is the gorilla in its space, company will help you accomplish your career goals within the company.

Cons

Tend to hire people that do not have a lot of experience in the software industry Not flexible in that no ability to work from home unless its good for the company (weather problems)

Advice to Management

Focus more on quality and using tools to find the 20% of the problems that will lead to improvements.

Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a great team of supportive and bright people, the company embraces work-life balance. I don't go home stressed out about work, and in the mornings I'm happy to do work I enjoy. Directors show appreciation for the work that is done.

Cons

There is some disorganization between departments that comes from growing pains; the company has grown very quickly in the last decade.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

I never hate coming to work

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

The people you work with are amazing. They seem to find fantastic, smart and energetic people. It's extremely family oriented, and places high importance on living an active lifestyle. There is a gym, and there is even a group who goes swimming in the ocean everyday at lunch! I have never felt pressured to do something out of my comfort zone, and the environment is very relaxed. The CEO is one of the most humble, intelligent, yet fiercely competitive people I have ever known.

Cons

The reviews about pay are true. You gain a great environment, but you do not get compensated nearly as much as other companies in the same industry. It is not a sales organization. They tend to not give raises, and the commission structure is not much to sing about. Like all sales positions, your criteria gets smaller each year, but you are expected to sell more, which is fine, but they need to understand that we still need to get paid enough to live in such an expensive city (for those of us in Santa Barbara). Internal communication is lacking, and yes, turnover is very high (probably due to low pay). Because of the high turnover rate, you wind up working with people who are not as trained as they should be (not their fault) and they don't stay long enough to get property trained (again, all because of they pay). The pay is honestly the cause of anything negative. Otherwise, this would be the best place to work.

Advice to Management

Fight to get higher salaries so you can keep the good people!

RSS Feed </> Embed