Yardi Systems

Updated December 21, 2014
3.5

Yardi Systems President Anant Yardi
Anant Yardi

Pros
  • Great work-life balance (especially ladies should take into notice) (in 8 reviews)

• Friendly co-workers, casual dress code, good benefits and salary is OK after changing to exempt (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay, management is not qualified with handling people skills (in 9 reviews)

• There is no room for advancement (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

I love working here!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great environment that is relaxed, and I love my co-workers. You also get to wear jeans! They have great benefits, and management will stand behind you.

Cons

The company could do a much better job of staying connected across offices. They really struggle to maintain consistency when delivering policies/procedures between offices. Also the department you are in really makes a difference on advancement.

great place to work

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

great place to work for

Cons

no cons that I can think of

Fair

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

The people are great. Great entry-level place.

Cons

Below average pay. Decisions from upper management to fix problems are slow.

A large growing corporation with the private owner

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Yardi Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working in a large corporation has advantages – stable environment, good benefits…. However, it is very often that an employee, especially employee with ideas, feels lost in a big company. The extreme case of a large corporation is a socialistic state, which suppresses internal competition
    The corporation is large – about 4000 employees. A health insurance for employees is free. The company hires a negotiator specifically to help employees for dealing with insurance companies – it is a nice service I had never seen before. For several years of work I have never seen any layoffs and the number of employees is constantly growing. As far as I know employees get annual raise. Having flexible holidays is nice too. In general the work environment is positive and not stressful. There is also the significant employer contribution to the 401K plan.
    The large company still has the private owner -Mr. Yardi. When Mr. Yardi visited our facility he after meeting with managers greeted software developers and QA managers by names - it was touching. The HR vice president told me that Mr. Yardi during project discussions asks specifically about the input of every developer involved in the project.

Cons

The company is growing, and the hierarchical structure gets stricter. In 2013 the Yardi employees overwhelmingly reviewed the corporation positively (about 90%) in terms of work environment, benefits, salary, and stability. However, the opportunities for career growth got only about 55% of approval. I also was not promoted in terms of my position and I did not understand the criteria for possible promotion.
    Mr. Yardi promised to work on this issue, ordering managers to set up reasonable career goals for employees.

Enjoyable Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The team is pleasant to work with, both locally and across locations. There is opportunity for professional growth. Work life balance is important to this company.

Cons

You have to be flexible and willing to work on whatever project needs attention. Unless you have a window seat, the office feels a little tight.

The occasional off-site would be nice. Thank you for working so hard.

No career path

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time

Pros

~Company is growing and seems financially stable
    ~Low stress, casual environment
    ~Company-paid healthcare
    ~401(k)

Cons

~The company requires employees to stay in their current position for two years before moving to a different position; this effectively stifles career growth.
    ~Many corporate jobs which could be done remotely remain unfilled because they require relocation to Santa Barbara.

It's a virtual world out there; experiment with allowing some non-sales corporate jobs to be done outside of HQ and you may find some amazing talent.

Some improvements, but...

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

Friendly co-workers, casual dress code, good benefits and salary is OK after changing to exempt.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for advancement. After recent CSD structure change it is the same old people in charge with new titles. Lots of yes men in management who tell the owner what he wants to hear instead of what is really going on. Cloud services is completely broken with people waiting days and days for upgrades for database restores and upgrades and CSD left to make excuses for why the problems aren't solved yet.

Do another survey and read the answers.

Good, stable, always growing company

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

Great benefits and the atmosphere is very healthy.

Cons

Stagnate growth opportunities for current employee. Lack of structure within the departments of the company.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros

Growing company, good benefits, opportunities for advancement are available for motivated employees, casual and friendly work environment

Cons

Rapid growth (though a great problem to have) can be challenging for employees. Pros absolutely outweigh the cons at Yardi.

Ensure employees have the tools and technology necessary to meet daily demands.

Amazing growth, capable leadership, stable customer base

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Yardi Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Senior management is focused on customers and employees. Agile development environment that is not afraid to tackle complex business problems. There is a pronounced preference for promoting from within. Energetic recruiting team does a good job of bringing quality people in to meet growth challenges.

Cons

Rapid growth sometimes lead to back office processes playing catch up. There is a strong bias towards meeting market expectations and investing in systems that benefit customers directly.

Don't be reluctant to invest in people and systems to support internal processes.

Yardi Systems Photos