Yaskawa Electric America Reviews

3.5
Masahiro Ogawa

1. Great place to work but advancement is far and few between

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America full-time

Pros

All associates are treatly nicely, and the company provides great benefits (401K match is awesome)! Nice building to come to work everyday. For the most part, there are genuine nice people; work life balance exists

Cons

Advancement is stagnant. To move up you take on more, but at some level you top out and there is no where else to go. After time, the work is your position can become routine and no longer challenging.

Advice to Management

Recognize your top performing people and continue to challenge them, otherwise you may lose them

2. Decent

I worked at Yaskawa Electric America (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is good
    Culture is laid back
    Management is nice

Cons

Can be a very boring place to work
    Easy to get lost in the masses; people don't pay much attention to what you are doing

3. Manager Carosel

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company feel. Very friendly employees.

Cons

People have been in their positions too long. Wont upgrade management, too many lifers.

5. Changing to worse

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America

Pros

Great products and great people to work with

Cons

Some management staff have no idea what are going on

Advice to Management

Be fair to everyone.

6. Longstanding, reputable Industry Leader that cares about associates

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management. great product. Middle Management to Executive level "listens" to all of their employees, so if you are unsatisfied, then that is your fault because you need to let people know your concerns, and point out why you're an asset!

Cons

As a Japanese subsidiary, changes (product development, innovations) tend to be on the slow/methodical/conservative side. This however, is also a benefit and reason why the quality is unmatched.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

7. Yaskawa America is employee focused.

Current Employee - Currently Employed in Waukegan, IL
    Current Employee - Currently Employed in Waukegan, IL

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have good benefits and treat their employees nicely. They offer lots of training with room to grow and learn. I have enjoyed my time spent here so far and look forward to the years to come. This company really does focus on growth and development.

Cons

The pay here is a bit below average in my opinion but besides that it is a terrific group of people to work with.

Advice to Management

Raise pay/bonuses

8. Good company with a strong employee focus!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Creek, WI

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of 10+ year employees who are "lifers" shows that they do care about employees and they have a very low turn-over rate. The benefits are fantastic! There is a great culture at this company. I really feel like I'm appreciated.

Cons

I can see how other departments that are "male" heavy can have the "old boys club" feel to them. I have not experienced this but I'm sure it exists in a company that has such a large number of male employees.

Advice to Management

Hire a few more female managers to round out the diverse workplace and I think you'd be pleasantly surprised :)

9. Great company with solid performance and products

Former Employee - Manager, Customer Satisfaction in Waukegan, IL
    Former Employee - Manager, Customer Satisfaction in Waukegan, IL

I worked at Yaskawa Electric America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent products, systems, and processes in place - company has a solid foundation for success. There are great people to work with and you'll find many dedicated professionals here. Very nice corporate office with easy access to expressway - many restaurants nearby. Overall - a great place to work.

Cons

Many long-tenured employees and managers - this tends to limit access to 'fresh ideas'. Management team is a 'boys club', if you're not in, then promotions are slow to come.

Advice to Management

Keep up with current trends and continue to listen to your employees. As a former employee, I found Yaskawa to be the best company I've ever worked for.

10. Management is so busy putting out fires they don't look at the whole picture.

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America

Pros

Good benefits, fair pay , clean environment most of the people are very pleasant.

Cons

Managers do not care about workers just the amount of product shipped.

Advice to Management

Look and listen to what the workforce is saying . Be more friendly to all employees and let them know they are appreciated,this will boost moral. Put aside the close friendship of upper managers and listen to what the workforce has to say about there leadership skills or lack of. There are many unhappy workers at Oak Creek which is very unfortunate.

Yaskawa Takes Care of its Employees

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America

Pros

Yaskawa's reputation in Industrial Automation has been built on the quality of its products and support. The demands of the job are high and Engineers are proud of the work they do.
    In exchange for high demands, Yaskawa makes an effort to take care of its Empolyees. As an employee, I have always been able to count on having clear objectives and requirements for moving forward in my career.

Cons

There is no coasting at Yaskawa; expect long hours. Need to communicate with parent corporation and support sibling corporations increases the hours an Engineer is expected to be available and blurs the lines between personal time and company time.

RSS Feed </> Embed