Yaskawa Electric America

Add Photos

Masahiro Ogawa

Longstanding, reputable Industry Leader that cares about associates

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat management. great product. Middle Management to Executive level "listens" to all of their employees, so if you are unsatisfied, then that is your fault because you need to let people know your concerns, and point out why you're an asset!

ConsAs a Japanese subsidiary, changes (product development, innovations) tend to be on the slow/methodical/conservative side. This however, is also a benefit and reason why the quality is unmatched.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Yaskawa America is employee focused.

Currently Employed (Current Employee)
Waukegan, IL

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey have good benefits and treat their employees nicely. They offer lots of training with room to grow and learn. I have enjoyed my time spent here so far and look forward to the years to come. This company really does focus on growth and development.

ConsThe pay here is a bit below average in my opinion but besides that it is a terrific group of people to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise pay/bonuses

Good company with a strong employee focus!

Oak Creek, WI

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America full-time for less than a year

ProsLots of 10+ year employees who are "lifers" shows that they do care about employees and they have a very low turn-over rate. The benefits are fantastic! There is a great culture at this company. I really feel like I'm appreciated.

ConsI can see how other departments that are "male" heavy can have the "old boys club" feel to them. I have not experienced this but I'm sure it exists in a company that has such a large number of male employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a few more female managers to round out the diverse workplace and I think you'd be pleasantly surprised :)

Great company with solid performance and products

Manager, Customer Satisfaction (Former Employee)
Waukegan, IL

I worked at Yaskawa Electric America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent products, systems, and processes in place - company has a solid foundation for success. There are great people to work with and you'll find many dedicated professionals here. Very nice corporate office with easy access to expressway - many restaurants nearby. Overall - a great place to work.

ConsMany long-tenured employees and managers - this tends to limit access to 'fresh ideas'. Management team is a 'boys club', if you're not in, then promotions are slow to come.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with current trends and continue to listen to your employees. As a former employee, I found Yaskawa to be the best company I've ever worked for.

Management is so busy putting out fires they don't look at the whole picture.

Oak Creek, WI

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America

ProsGood benefits, fair pay , clean environment most of the people are very pleasant.

ConsManagers do not care about workers just the amount of product shipped.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook and listen to what the workforce is saying . Be more friendly to all employees and let them know they are appreciated,this will boost moral. Put aside the close friendship of upper managers and listen to what the workforce has to say about there leadership skills or lack of. There are many unhappy workers at Oak Creek which is very unfortunate.

Yaskawa Takes Care of its Employees

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America

ProsYaskawa's reputation in Industrial Automation has been built on the quality of its products and support. The demands of the job are high and Engineers are proud of the work they do.
In exchange for high demands, Yaskawa makes an effort to take care of its Empolyees. As an employee, I have always been able to count on having clear objectives and requirements for moving forward in my career.

ConsThere is no coasting at Yaskawa; expect long hours. Need to communicate with parent corporation and support sibling corporations increases the hours an Engineer is expected to be available and blurs the lines between personal time and company time.

very rude and ignore it company

Warehouse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yaskawa Electric America

ProsThere is none there is no job growth in the company and if you are brought in as a temp they will string you on for a very I mean very long time and keep feeding alot of garbage

ConsThere are people there that are scared to loss there jobs so they will not train you right so you can look good mangers are not managing to be a japan company it is runned to much like an american company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to take course in leadership and management still very suprised that this is a japan company always thaought it would have been runned a lot better.

Worked for Yaskawa Electric America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yaskawa Electric America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yaskawa Electric America CEO Masahiro Ogawa. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Yaskawa Electric America employees.