Yates Petroleum

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

John Yates Jr

Nice atmosphere but pay severely lacking and not transparent at all.

Agave Energy (Current Employee) Artesia, NM

ProsThe atmosphere, every friday everyone in company quits early, supervisors are very understanding and give a lot of lea way to accomadate personal lives. Great place it you are really motivated and a self starter you can get a lot of experience here.

ConsPay is not consistent across the board nor anywhere at all close to being transparent. And it is a big secret as to what other people make. Management threatens to fire for it upon hiring. If they were transparent it would help morale at lot. That combined with getting close to industry standards for postions would make this a great place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate the lack of transparency in all employees pay.

This is the best company I have ever worked for and I've worked for many good companies.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rock Springs, WY

ProsExcellent repore with management and fellow employees. Wages could be a little better. Generous bonuses and time off. I do feel sorry for the individual at my office who no longer enjoys working here. I think that if it were me and I truly felt that way I would seek another job as there are plenty available here, luckily.

ConsSome stressful days but I think that could be anywhere. Yates Petroleum Corporation has always been an enjoyable place to be at.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice to management that I would offer is to try and maintain the same family oriented atmosphere throughout the sale.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rock Springs, WY

ProsGood salary, good benefits, great people to work with, supervisors who actually care for the employees, company truck.

ConsNot much to mention on the downside. The only con is the recent turmoil with the announcement of the intent to sell

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep the same family feeling while the sale happens. After all its the reason why some of us have worked for the company for so long.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No longer enjoyable place to work

Lease Operator (Current Employee) Rock Springs, WY

ProsFamily time, company vehicle, increasing vacation time, personal time, sick time, ok benefits.

ConsUpper management is terrible, kiss asses, lazy people need to apply, treat contractors poorly try to low ball everyone that walks in the door, backstabbing, melo dramatics would love this place

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit before you get the ax after the buyout, they teach you how not to treat people and how not to do business.

Horrible

Production Foreman (Former Employee) Gillette, WY

ProsWell paid, good benefits, good company vehicle policy, good bonuses, lower level employees great to work with.

ConsUnless you have been there 15-20 years, and are part of their "club", the people that all started years ago in Artesia, you are nothing. I brought with me a ton of down hole completion, drilling and workover experience. I had an issue with a 3rd party/ contract production foreman and he goes to the produciton superintendant (who is a complete idiot), the next thing I know I get end run and terminated because I supposedly violate some company gratuity policy. I caused a rift, that contractor was there 13 years to my 2, and since they are all buddies, they got me ousted. The best part is the relationship this company has with vendors. Tell them they will stop using them if they dont get rid of certain people. I saw people taking bids, tell their contractor of choice what the lowest bid was so they could beat it. I hope once the sale of YPC is complete they go in and clean house!

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate your management structure in Gillette

UN-Professional on all levels

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Artesia, NM

Prosgood image on the outside, paycheck is given on expected date, all the people with values & integrity have left.

ConsFull of backstabbing people. Unprofessional dress, conduct, & treatment of coworkers. I was amazed at this and it was at all levels of workmanship within the departments. Do not fall for some of the "safe" HR protections that would be in place at a true corporate environment. ( ie: open door policy, discrimination, etc)

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the slander and spying on your own people. The environment you are creating/allowing is very discouraging to people. Watching the parking lot.... ok that is understandable, but watching & recording your own people just isnt right. (ie: HR door, lounge/break areas, hallways)

Worst Job EVER !!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Artesia, NM

ProsThe pay is actually on time and they do give you early release on the Fridays when local football is in season.

ConsLies,Corruption, Backstabbing, Malicious, Deceptive, No Moral Integrity or Consciousness, Petty Gossip, Slandering, and pretty much every known humankind of evilness is encouraged. Don't fall for the "open door policy" because the person/s you have issues with are friends with Upper Management & HR

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement are the ones responsible for creating this environment. The owners sadly either do not care or choose to remain ignorant of what is really going on.

OK place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Roswell, NM

ProsSmall, private company with big attitude. Learn many facets of the energy industry. Owners are very fair and loyal to the employees.

ConsDon't see much downside, not enough to mention anyway. Life in a small town is sometimes difficult to reconcile when am person is accustomed to big city lifestyle.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Most of your employees want the best for the company and want to be actively involved with building for the future.

Great place to work!

ProsGreat people to work with. The company is very family oriented. Great vacation and time off. Company vehicle for personal use is an added bonus. The work load is demanding at times and the work itself is demanding but very rewarding. Management works with employees if they have an issue. Bonuses are very generous. 401k is pretty good too. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for.

ConsWages could be a little higher.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing a good job. They always try to do what is best for everybody.

Worked for Yates Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!