Yazaki North America

Yazaki North America Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2014

Yazaki North America President & CEO Dieter Ehrmanntraut

Dieter Ehrmanntraut

Leadership is weak but coworkers were like a family

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yazaki North America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI grew up at the former AYC which is now YNA. My coworkers made going to work enjoyable. The building is nice plus YNA does a lot for the community which is great. They also have a great Christmas party for the kids which is awesome.

ConsPay is lower than the market and that is due to the company not making enough of a profit. Leadership is very weak in many areas but there are a few diamonds in the rough. Some of the senior leadership are so far over their heads they are dragging down the company. Many best practices are not followed and YNA is not liked by most of their customers due to slow responses and lack of follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify your associates that are leaders and promote them or give them the power to make changes. Stop worrying about promoting only women and start looking at the complete talent pool. Many good people have left because of management.

Average Place of Employment

I worked at Yazaki North America full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHas some good people and workload is typical for an automotive company

ConsSome VP & Directors don't deserve the positions they have and limit the growth of the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't fear change... embrace it and leverage it to grow the morale of your organization.

Don't get stuck in the wrong department

I have been working at Yazaki North America full-time

ProsCompany wide benefits, friendly co-workers, nice facility

ConsPay is low; more specifically, they will hire someone who is overqualified for a certain title, while promising growth within company to sucker them in, then never showing a path to promotion. The result is a Transportation Department (stay away) that has too many bright minds with no room to allow all their talents to flourish. In reality, any high school drop out could do most of the work...and since all Yazaki is about right now is cutting costs, they could pay employees even less if they were smart.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less qualified people for departments such as Transportation; or else expect a quick turnover for the well-qualified current employees.

Good company, bad management

I worked at Yazaki North America full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits are great, employees are given a lot of perks

ConsManagement (at all levels) does not listen to employee concerns, procedures are not compliant.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake employee concerns seriously and review policies and procedures to bring them into compliance with laws and regulations.

Company Overview

I worked at Yazaki North America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExcellent work environment, comraderie, progressive, easy to transfer between jobs

ConsLower than market pay, some degree of politics, too much influence from HQ in Japan

Advice to Senior ManagementHold on to the talent by giving them incentives and upward mobility

Meh

Material Planner (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yazaki North America full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company to see as a stepping stone, a lot of tools can be acquired

ConsToo old fashioned. Many older people who are incapable of knowing how to use computers in an effective way. Too much stress

Favoritism and unprofessional supervisor

Analyst II (Former Employee)
Edwardsville, IL

I worked at Yazaki North America full-time for less than a year

ProsWorked with good people from 3rd party warehousing company OHL.

ConsChildish supervisor and a very unprofessional environment to work in. High stress job with long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to seek the resignation of a supervisor that has been racist, petty and just a basic infection to the good people she has ran off. She ruined chances for great people to succeed just to promote friends and make the company her own dating service.

Friendly Automotive Supplier

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yazaki North America full-time for more than a year

ProsYazaki is a very good and efficient company to work for, they allow for good career growth and opportunity withing the company to anyone. If you someone who is in one field wanting to go to another then Yazaki may be a good company for you.

ConsSalary has always been an issue for the company as many people believe they are under paid and deserve more money, I was no exception to that rule. Negotiate as much money as you can with them if you get hired, they're raises aren't very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees about they're opinion on matters that concern them. Management likes to make changes without thinking of other people's concern and input.

A great place to work, with good opportunities to turn it into a lifetime career.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yazaki North America full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is a pretty relaxed atmosphere, and you are rarely asked to work more than the 40 hours in which you are salaried for.

ConsIt does not seem to be a place that will have many opportunities to work with exciting new projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to present employees with more challenges. It seems that a lot of the engineering fundamentals learned throughout schooling are lost.

a fair place to work at

Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Yazaki North America

Prosgood balance of work and life
openness
care about people
localized culture
good business ethics
makes good contribution to local community

Conslack of vision
not good at doing business with us customers. Use the same way as working with Toyota when dealing with the big three.

Advice to Senior Managementform a vision and make long term plan
use different strategy and tactic on different customers
differentiate people
get good people and challenge them

Worked for Yazaki North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yazaki North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yazaki North America CEO Dieter Ehrmanntraut. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Yazaki North America employees.