Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch

Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

A good place for young professionals beginning careers, or those changing careers to gain experience to take elsewhere.

Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) Roundup, MT

ProsI am provided with a lot of flexibility to perform tasks as I see needed, while maintaining company expectations.

ConsAdministration and upper management seem extremely disconnected to care providers. As a mental health provider, the benefits available to take care of your own mental health is abysmal.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend ways to become better acquainted with your workers, especially in figuring out how your decisions and actions affect our daily work life. Do what you can to better take care of workers, who can have an extremely hard time taking care of the kids we serve.

Bad company to work for, good place to do good work with kids

Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsThe opportunity to work with youth

ConsThis administration heavy company is disorganized and unprofessional. When it comes to employees they are just plain cheap, starting with their pay and benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on treating employees well, this is what will improve retention

Great mission, great people, surprisingly unethical leadership and oblivious board of directors.

Assistant (Former Employee) Billings, MT

ProsThe mission, purpose, and vision of this nonprofit are absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, with Glenn McFarlane at the helm, the organization is lacking direction, professionalism, and ethics.

ConsA culture of "the old boys network" mixed with ethical violations galore. Personally, as a professional, the unethical and unprofessional experiences displayed at this organization are to many to name.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management includes replacing both the CEO and the board of directors 100%, ensure that all members are 100% unrelated to previous board members and founding members of this nonprofit. This will ensure an honest approach to providing for SED youth in the future.

Worked for Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch? Contribute to the Community!