Yellowstone Club

Updated Jan 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael S. Meldman

Overall a great place to work at for pay reasons as well as working on a great mountain.

Inside Services (Current Employee)
Big Sky, MT

I have been working at Yellowstone Club full-time for less than a year

ProsPay isn't terrible. Skiing the only private ski/golf resort in the U.S.

ConsMgmt should be more thorough. More employee ski days. Bus schedule fluctuates.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk among the day to day employees more often. Let them know what needs to be done instead of assuming they already know.

Not good employers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Big Sky, MT

I worked at Yellowstone Club part-time for more than a year

ProsSki pass reimbursement
Lunch provided (not the best quality, but it is free)
Sometimes rides are provided (not at all consistent)
At first, it seems great because they provide nice uniforms and equipment for your job
Best managers work in Mountain Operations so the best jobs are as Instructors and Lift Ops

ConsExtremely demanding on your time - you will be working very long days

No work/life balance

I over heard one of the cooks talking about how some food purchased for guests was going bad so they used it for employee meals instead

Tips are pooled and employees have no choice in the matter

Sometimes management takes tips from the employee tip pool

The "employee" shuttle is completely unreliable and will be cancelled without notice or if it's full, you have to wait until one comes by with open seats. This can take hours.

They use seasonal employment to layoff people and then if they don't like them, they will not hire them back regardless of the number of seasons that person has worked

You can't tell members no even if what they ask for is illegal - you have to worry about losing your job if you do

Some of the managers treat employees with hostility and take credit for ideas that were not theirs

Worst work conditions are in Food & Beverage and Residential Services. I don't think the office/admin jobs are very good either. Never heard very good things about working in Accounting.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best advice I can give is to value the little people that are doing big things for the members of the Yellowstone Club. There is a great quote from someone that created a reasonably successful resort based on his film company: “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Members are great management doesnt care.

I have been working at Yellowstone Club

ProsGreat members. Ok co workers. Beautiful setting.

ConsUpper management has no loyalty to employees that have been there for years. You as an employee are replaceable. Management will do anything members demand regardless of the law safety or morals. Oh yeah we have to check in through security and then a finger print scanner.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees.

don't drink the coolaid

I have been working at Yellowstone Club

ProsPay is ok, the season pass is good. The staff that aren't managers are always great, but the rest are always not concerned about you as a person.

ConsDon't drink the coolaid, when you step back and look at the job for the hours worked and the pay you receive it's not great, if your good at what you do you can make the same amount of money in half the time working somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire Discovery

Lacking in opportunities for advancement

I have been working at Yellowstone Club

ProsAmazing location, outdoor opportunities, benefits, employee meals

Consno communication from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk with your employees, keep them in the loop on the future of the club.

Worked for Yellowstone Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yellowstone Club reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yellowstone Club CEO Michael S. Meldman. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Yellowstone Club employees.