Yext Reviews

Howard Lerman

Great summer internship

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Yext as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Yext was a great place to intern. It was awesome being part of such an intelligent and motivated team. You'll be hard-pressed to find a more fun and inspiring group of people to work with. Yext definitely has a "Work Hard, Play Hard" environment. I am very optimistic about Yext's future and believe that its products have a lot of growth potential. I would definitely encourage a friend or anyone interested in Yext to apply and see what all the buzz is about.

Cons

The compensation was not great. Pretty low for NYC but additional benefits like free Seamless for lunch and dinner help make up for the gap. Definitely a worthwhile experience.

Incredible Place to Work

Current Employee - Enterprise Team  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Team in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

Yext provides a great/fun work culture while balancing it with a challenging environment. Opportunities are available for employees to take control of their career paths and find ways to earn more responsibilities quickly. The company is growing incredibly quickly and is constantly finding ways to improve the way that they do business. Senior Leadership cares tremendously about their employees and wants them to succeed.

Cons

With the constant growth of the overall team, the overall organization/structure of the team is constantly in flux and can create challenges in understanding role and how it pertains to greater team.

In hiring more middle management personnel, we would be better able to address/manage our continual growth from an organizational stand point.

Great Place to Start

Former Employee - Yext Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Yext Sales Associate

I worked at Yext full-time

Pros

Fun Environment. Gives you the ability to obtain great entry-level sales skills.

Cons

No diversity in leadership. Environment can be "too fun" at times.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You will never have a better experience

Current Employee - Account Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will grow more at Yext than you will anywhere else. The environment is challenging and exciting and each day is different. You will never be bored. After over two years I still look forward to coming to work.

Cons

Need to be able to stay focused in a fast paced environment.

I've grown tremendously while working here

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive, Enterprise  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive, Enterprise in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredible opportunity to work with some really smart people.
    Completely flat organization within division which means there is no over bearing micro management
    As a seller the technology is top notch and as such the accounts you are consulting respect you highly
    Huge territories and you will not be fighting with other reps for accts. There is more then enough land to grab. Good mix of cold outreach and inbounds.
    Work directly with senior management which gives you a ton of work experience and life experience
    Great perks - free lunches, dinners, amazing offsites. etc.
    Co-workers all respect one another. Really savvy sellers that are not "your typical sales reps"

Cons

I'm struggling on this one... it's sales so you know what your getting yourself into.

A+ Teams!

I have been working at Yext

Pros

Innovative technology, genius leadership, environment that fosters learning and growth, true client partnerships and collaboration. Aligned vision and efforts across the company. Strategic execution of goals! No place the weak and weary.

Cons

Seamless runner for the office! Important tasks need not be interrupted...seamless delivery of seamless deliveries would certainly help!

Acknowledge opportunities to empower and retain your talent.

Great opportunity for career growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

Office culture, work-life balance, career growth, opportunity to explore multiple verticals without the immediate need to "pick one"

Cons

As is with any small company, formal training isn't fully built out, but is being developed.

Best tech company to work for in NYC

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very competitive compensation. Amazing work culture. Mediocrity is checked at the door. Enterprise sales and services team is the best in the business.

Cons

No stock options. Can't blame them though. Should've joined the team two years earlier.
    At times it would be beneficial for there to be another layer of management for the enterprise team that would be easily accessible. However, it forces us to be on top of our game and truly run our own business. It's a blessing and a curse.

Treat yourselves to a vacation. You guys are crushing it.

Awesome company to work for!

Current Employee - Enterprise Team  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Team in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than a year

Pros

I consider myself incredibly lucky to work at a successful start-up that I also truly love coming to every day. I've been at Yext for about 2 years and the amount of growth I've achieved is directly attributed to the management. Yext is a company that values hard-work, innovation, and teamwork. Having a fully stocked snack kitchen isn't bad either!

Cons

Yext is constantly innovating so one has to be able to adapt to change quickly.

Boiler Room Mentality. Difficult, but good first job out of college

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good professional experience
    -Young and energetic culture
    - Great product

Cons

You are hired in a large group, and what they don't tell you, is that they plan on letting go more than half the class within 3 weeks-3 months. I was lucky that I didn't leave a job to work at Yext, but a good amount of co-workers who were let go, had left stable positions they were in before.

150-250 Dials a day-Minimum of 4 hours of talk time. It can be a bit of a grueling 11 hours, as you are required to be there from 8:15AM-7PM. That being said, those who can do it, I have no doubt will be very successful people.

Don't hire to fire. If you insist on that structure, a little heads up to the applicant on what they are getting into for the first three months, because as stated before, it's a difficult job economy, and many have left stable positions to find themselves unemployed again just a few months in.

Worked for Yext? Contribute to the Community!