Yodel Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014
2.4

Yodel Executive Chairman Dick Stead
Dick Stead

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Sub Contractor  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Employee - Sub Contractor in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at Yodel as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

As a self-employed courier the job suited as i got good rates of pay and plenty of volume at the START!!.

Cons

After working for yodel for three years my route got smaller also my rates got cut which meant this was difficult for me to continue running my business. Time off was an issue infact i never got time off it was six days a week like it or lump it. Peak times we never got help with the big volumes coming in! My worst day was 256 deliveries which took me from 530am until 1030pm.

Help out drivers more, seeing their needs and if they can cope with the work load. Just because we are self-employed doesnt mean you treat us different we are all working to get the product delivered.

Awful!

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor  in  Liverpool, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Liverpool, England (UK)

I worked at Yodel as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The way the company works is ridiculous.

Cons

They use agencies to take people on and when they want to 'ramp down' they sack 40 people a week from the call centre, some on christmas eve. Luckily I got a new job before this happened to me but the morale of everybody around me was at an all time low.

Offer people a secure role and this will boost morale.

They were Okay

Former Employee - Phone Agent  in  Salford, North West England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Phone Agent in Salford, North West England, England (UK)

I worked at Yodel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, accomodate shift change if you need to take care of your personal errands outside of work, for people who like smart casual type of work environment, this is a good place...

Cons

People were a bit boring to work with. Was no fun encouraged and the ones who seemed to get on the most were the most nasty and bitchy people

Meh

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

rollercoaster

Current Employee - Trainer  in  Darlaston, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trainer in Darlaston, England (UK)

I have been working at Yodel full-time

Pros

Exelent company to work for a bit slow at first but going places now, no matter what level staff are always able to talk and listen, a brilliant training team who can spot training requirments when needed.

Cons

During peak you are on your feet and running as soon as you walk in the door, the job can be frustrating as well as rewarding.
    it is good the news magazine is on line but not everyone can get on the intranet seems now that this is only available to PC users.

comunicate more with staff , tell them if you are pushing for more customers tell them if you have lost custemers and what is available (perks and discounts)

Abysmal middle management

Former Employee - IT Anon Worker  in  Liverpool, England (UK)
    Former Employee - IT Anon Worker in Liverpool, England (UK)

I worked at Yodel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great for overtime because they can't estimate IT deadlines. Overtime wasn't monitored so therefore make up your own conclusions.

Cons

Office culture is clicky, overpaid and useless IT contractors employed

Start looking after your perms

Love working here and love the fact management are so down to earth.

Current Employee - Self Employed Lead Courier  in  Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Self Employed Lead Courier in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I have been working at Yodel part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was able to learn to do more in the office and use the different software used in the company. Helped out with recruitment and training with the run up to xmas last year. With doing the job i could help the new people by training them how to use PDA, when just come out of training to be on hand for any help or any info to help them enjoy the job as much as me.

Cons

Not many jobs to move up into.

Overworked for lack of pay typically exploited. Agency staff supremely exploited.

Former Employee - Associate of Warehouse Stock Manual Handling  in  Walsall, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Associate of Warehouse Stock Manual Handling in Walsall, England (UK)

I worked at Yodel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Just I guess my own personal discipline at sticking to a task and seeing it through maybe.

Cons

Horrid hours and the Agency staff were at odds in terms of speaking that they were constantly exploited. Agency staff working on precisely the same jobs as the 'full-timers' for most parts and harder working the majority of the time, yet they get paid substantially less and are very prone to losing their jobs for no matter of good reasons other than the company exploiting law loop holes regarding taking on temporary staf as full timers. Very much a modern joke.

Don't treat people as lessers, whatever you want to call it, karma perhaps?; You guys sitting 'on top' will see your days come. Money can't buy happiness and your exploits won't see you be happy forever. Be ashamed of yourselves, I emplore you.

Used to be a good company not any more

Former Employee - Driver  in  Dartford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Driver in Dartford, England (UK)

I worked at Yodel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

all i can say: its a job

Cons

long hours heavy parcels and low pay.

Look after staff better

A good company to work for with flexible hours

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salford, North West England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salford, North West England, England (UK)

I worked at Yodel as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, accommodate shift change if you need to take care of your personal errands outside of work, for people who like smart casual type of work environment, this is a good place to look.

Cons

The pay could be a lot better for the amount of hours put in. your already minimal pay gets deducted for every minute you are not logged in even if the reason you were late was beyond your control. they could be better structured in complaint handling generally.

chaotic

Former Employee - Programmer Manager  in  Liverpool, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Programmer Manager in Liverpool, England (UK)

I worked at Yodel full-time for less than a year

Pros

varied work, the people at the same level were decent and pulled together well. I think the nature of the business did mean an all hands mentality

Cons

poor leadership team and no direction - they often came up with some odd answers and even stranger asks. I left because you were asked to leave principals at the door.

be prepared to flex your principals

Worked for Yodel? Contribute to the Community!