Yodle

Yodle Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Yodle CEO Court Cunningham

Court Cunningham

Pros
  • They give you free lunch, crapy, but free non the less (in 22 reviews)

• Great work environment, free lunches, benefits, and 3 week paid vacations per year (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Base salary is deplorable, especially for living in New York (in 10 reviews)

• Low base but truly it is a commission life we choose (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Pleasant

Trainer/Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsFriendly environment with lots of potential growth.

ConsNot being able to work remotely.

AMAZING

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFree food, amazing people, awesome leadership, upbeat atmosphere, massage rooms, fitness room, gaming rooms, casual dress....

ConsThere seriously isn't anything that I DON'T like about my job. Yodle is really that awesome and I love coming to work everyday! Not many people are able to say that about their job!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

The longest list of pros and cons I have ever had an one company.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGood environment, positive people. Good sales training initially. There is money to be made.

ConsOngoing training can vary widely depending on what team you are on. Ongoing training is left to your manager. Some are definitely better and more experienced than others. With the exception of a few people, the amount of cold calling is heavy and this really is a tough job, with a lot of ups and downs.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest adding to the training department and having someone who is in charge of ongoing training and development. Managers have far too much to do to keep up with everybody and help everyone get to the next level.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity if your a closer

Sales (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGreat commission
    Great product
    Great training
    Great culture
    Benefits phenomenal

ConsSometimes clique when it comes to inbounds
    Low base but truly it is a commission life we choose

Advice to Senior ManagementDON'T mess it up

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Coming to Yodle has been a life-changing experience!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat atmosphere and culture, great people, smart leadership that really values their employees.

ConsJust like any sales job, there are ups and downs.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

A great place to begin your sales career

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsIf you have very little to no sales experience, Yodle is a great place to learn what sales is about. Everything is scripted. The trainers are very knowledgeable.

ConsOne of the primary reasons I chose Yodle was because of the culture and fun environment. I saw a lot of employees that generated a lot of revenue for the company get fired for petty things, like tardiness. Its a game of politics and you have to be a "yes" man to survive. If they don't see you performing, they will let you weed yourself out. You have got to be extremely hungry to make it in this company. I also saw a lot of employees try to reach management positions and grow with the company, hit a lot of closed doors and short ceilings. The start-up feel is lost. Yodle has become this big company that has lost sight of the value of employees, the culture mimics that of a sweat shop, and they are out sourcing to St. Lucia to make even more money. You will be micromanage and the free food, is not worth eating. It's terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees and ease up a little bit. Incorporate bi-weekly training's to help employees grow and learn.

A bunch of young and inexperienced 20-30 year olds trying to play big company

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed culture - everyone wears jeans and gym shoes, snack rooms, everyone is friendly

ConsBad leadership in operational groups -bunch of 20-somethings who are inexperienced and uneducated, low base salaries (not market value), no training, no performance feedback/reviews, cliquey culture, company seems uncertain about future and seems to make up growth numbers and performance metrics. If they IPO, they are going to be in trouble when they report earnings to the street.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some experienced leaders in your operations departments - ones with outside experience that can manage employees properly. Hiring a 25 year old, because they performed as an entry level, to manage a team is going to cause problems.

Engineers are leaving in droves

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe engineering department has some pretty cool technology and several very knowledgeable people in leadership roles. The company is very successful, largely due to a top notch sales department.

ConsThe company is on a beeline to go public. The engineers spend most of their time struggling with bugs and past engineering mistakes. Management's answer is "work harder".

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some upper managers who are good with people. Be realistic about what you can accomplish. Be more aware of the seriousness and severity of engineers' unhappiness.

Support

ProsUpbeat atmosphere with lots of opportunity to make money and help others

ConsHigh turn over and low pay for starting sales and all support staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people.

Great Place To Build A Solid Foundation For Selling

Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Extensive and consistent training.
    -Performance based commission structure
    -Great work environment
    -Advancement potential
    -Startup culture values fresh insight and gives credit where it is due

Cons-Low Base Salary
    -Can get mundane and repetitive after a while

Worked for Yodle? Contribute to the Community!