Yodle Reviews

Updated October 29, 2014
3.3

Yodle CEO Court Cunningham
Court Cunningham

Pros
  • Very motivating commission structure, great training, free lunch, great culture (in 28 reviews)

• Enjoyable work environment (with the right manager) (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Base salary is deplorable, especially for living in New York (in 10 reviews)

• Low base but truly it is a commission life we choose (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

sales rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yodle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great work environment, everyone is helpful towards your goals

Cons

cold calling all day, and hour long demos

give more training on struggling reps

Local Sales Rep Review

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a great place to work if you can sell by phone. The culture is amazing fun for a call center. Tons of contest, free lunch (The food at the Austin location just became amazing. They fired the crappy chef and have hired a professional chef that runs restaurants in town -- Chef Parind Vora.), free Friday happy hour, recognition, 6 figure income, and Presidents Club trip to all inclusive resort for top-top producers.

Cons

It is still a call center. You are still grinding the phones day in and out. You are only as good as your performance last month. No 401k match. Stock options are given very sparingly.

Keep up the good work.

I enjoy working at Yodle because I NEVER feel like “Darn, I have work today” I absolutely love being a part of Yodle.

Current Employee - Customer Success Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Success Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yodle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I feel everyone has superior interpersonal skills necessary to promote a cooperative team environment and deliver unforgettable positive customer service. Managers truly care about you and your goals and they will do anything to make you feel accepted and content with your career. I had health issues and had to take some time off and everyone was so supportive and offered to even take me to the ER or even get me food!! They were very flexible with the time off. They truly care about your well being as well. Best place I’ve ever worked for!!

Cons

Healthcare benefits could use some upgrading.

Call Center Cowboys

I worked at Yodle

Pros

Great sales training program for people new to SEM/SEO. Decent benefits. Fun atmosphere. Management is helpful with coaching and there is opportunity for growth.

Cons

Yes it is a call center, and most transactions are small, quick sells. Can you do a one-call close? A bit of a boiler room but mostly a positive vibe there. Some angry customers though!

If You Want to Join a Sinking Ship...

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

-Work/personal life balance was satisfactory
    -Learned how to handle client complaints and idiocies
    -Gained the ability to short their stock once they go public now that it's clear what's under the hood

Cons

-Technology is subpar in a saturated market
    -Client base consists of fickle, low budget small business owners
    -Sales skirts direct questions. Will not tell people "Yes or No" regarding the bundle of products and/or service.

-Hire business consultants, like the Bobs from Office Space to restructure from head to toe.

Great At First, But Don't Be Fooled.

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

9am-6pm; 8 hour workday, with no work expected to be completed at home
    Enjoyable work environment (with the right manager)
    Strong benefits - 401k, tuition reimbursement, snacks in kitchen
    Great first role to learn how to manage a book of business and tough clients.

Cons

The role was quickly transformed from a “Consultation” role to much more of a “Call Center” and “Customer Service” role, with the introduction of mandatory script reading and day-to-day KPIs. Having 150-200 clients, shifts your mentality into a complete reactive one, instead of proactive, as a strong Account Manager should be.

One of the most frustrating aspect of the role was the clientele of our book of business. Small business owners with limited knowledge of search marketing, only care about their bottom line and if they were bringing in leads. Having to listen to curse-outs, threats, and BBB complaints was a common occurrence.

The company has zero direction of where they would like to be, as they hire new consultants one month, and lay off an entire department the next.

NOT the job for everyone

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Yodle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun environment, food, drinks, (even happy hour Friday's).. They do a lot of company activities to make it fun. (only because you're going to be stressed a lot), they offer benefits

Cons

Cold calls, high stress to make demos,

You'll learn a lot

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very motivating commission structure, great training, free lunch, great culture. You can make a lot of money in a short period of time. Good people, free parking, more work equals more money. But you have to work, base pay is practically minimum wage.

Cons

Low base, it's hit or miss with getting a good manager, no room for advancement, you'll never have a steady pay check no matter how hard you work.

I worked at yodle for a year, I learned a lot in terms of aggressive sales, rebuttaling, tone, influctions, they are great on training you to make deals. It's at a point now that the company is so big there's not much room for advancement. A management position means working more and getting paid less anyway. Free lunch is a plus but it tastes awful, but hey, it's free right? Some managers there push and push and push you, make you feel guilty for not staying late or going to lunch trainings 5 days a week and starving. Their minimum is 900 dollars every 2 weeks. Let's say you hit 4k in one, but 800 the next - it'll be counted against you even though overall you quadrupled it. There we guys on final warnings to get let go even though they had 10 grand months. They make threats you'll get fired just to push and push you more and suck out every last drop they can out of you. The product is a cookie cutter for every business. Whether it's an attorney in New York or a plumber in the middle of nowhere. You'll learn to make deals and guilt trip business owners into giving you their last penny, only to see their account cancel because they got no results. This company used to be great, but with hiring guys from DOW Jones and raising even more expectations for sales, they're burning everyone out and the culture Is slowly deteriorating.

Don't preach work life balance and shrug off managers guilt tripping reps into staying late when they have kids and a wife to get to. Offer more training to those struggling. Change the minimum rules. Someone hitting 10k in a pay period but still being prohibited from working over time and getting threats of being terminated? Really? Make sure all managers are on the same page. Getting your manager changed 5 times in 6 months when they all have differing opinions on tone, fluctuation and how to read script screws people up.

Very Relaxed Atmosphere!

I have been working at Yodle full-time

Pros

Free lunches in house, available market to purchase drinks and snacks, areas to blow off steam and play video games, pool or ping pong.

Cons

Management treats you like a number and not like a person. They hear you but don't listen to your concerns. Also, when everyone seems to be doing well and making a decent bonus, management goes in and changes it so it is harder to it.

Great Growth, Great Chaos

Current Employee - Client Services in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Client Services in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Professionally challenged daily. Supportive management. Zero micro-managing. Unlimited time off. Booming growth.

Cons

Selling a product that is not complete, does not exist. Exec Team disassociated with actual product & functionality. Mediocre-Low salary.

YBN: Compensate more fairly. Deliver on a working product. Learn how to accommodate high-volume employee turnover.