Yodle

Updated December 15, 2014
3.3

Yodle CEO Court Cunningham
Court Cunningham

Pros
  • Free lunch, two beer limit happy hour every Friday, ping pong table (in 30 reviews)

• great work environment, everyone is helpful towards your goals (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to take time off without having saved up a lot of money as vacation hurts your paycheck severely because of low base salary (in 11 reviews)

• Low base but truly it is a commission life we choose (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job for the patient and diligent!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle

Pros

Great work environment. Like most successful sales companies, Yodle prides itself for it's culture. Great pay for the people who can work hard and smart at the same time. This job is not for the whiny or the used car salesman. Since it's mostly based on phone selling and cold calling you have to learn people's tones and pitches and know when to stop. It's a big company so no one will baby sit you. If you want to succeed , most senior reps are always there to help.

Cons

Low base. ( But room for high commission) Not for the people who do not want to be on the phones. The training method could change a little.

Find a balance between life and work and encourage the team to do the same..

Positive

Former Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY

I worked at Yodle as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The company is filled with creative intellectuals in a company that is driven by innovation.

Cons

There still are some growing pains so sometimes the lack of structure can make things difficult.

It is important to always see the value provided by employees who are creating content for clients.

Awesome Company to Work For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yodle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. The culture and environment are both amazing.
    - Young, energetic, fun employees
    - Casual dress
    - Air Hockey, Ping Pong, Video games, etc.

Everyone really cares about making the company better and the employees are highly motivated. You get to work with other like-minded, intelligent people. Unlimited days off and plenty of company events.

Cons

Pay is a bit on the lower side, but the benefits and everything else are great.

Great Place, Lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Data Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Data Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Management, fun environment, great people, pays well if you're good at sales

Cons

cold calling can always be stressful

keep up what you're doing

Growing company, lots to learn, super fun(!)

Current Employee - Marketing Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Yodle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Every morning, I am truly excited to get in the office and work alongside such smart, talented individuals. The opportunities Yodle has given me for personal growth, as well as professional growth – whether learning new analysis tools or pursuing strategic initiatives to help build our customer’s success – have been incredibly exciting, and the shared values across the company make for a very fun, motivating work environment.

Cons

Because of the fast-growing database and expanding product offerings, the company is constantly iterating on different tools for analysis, which for me (a product analyst) can mean taking on lots of new tools (i.e. coding languages, visualization techniques, etc.). Learning curve can be sharp, but very rewarding work to stick with.

Continue focus on Essentials, work to embed product offerings in our client's day-to-day operations (i.e. email marketing, special offers); continue transparent communication.

Sale Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun environment. Good guidance and support from the management and director level. Extremely favorable commission structure. Everyone is a genuinely good person. Spectacular for developing a career and quickly moving into management. You learn a lot about SMBs and how to sell and cold call.

Top performers have the opportunity to meet the high level executives.

Cons

Hard to take time off without having saved up a lot of money as vacation hurts your paycheck severely because of low base salary. Its a hard job and its not for everyone.

Match 401k.

It was okay

I have been working at Yodle

Pros

Free lunch and free beer fridays great coworkers!

Cons

It was exhausting and boring.

Disappointed

Current Employee - Lighthouse 360 in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Lighthouse 360 in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunch and beer/wine on Fridays. They offer incentives to earn extra money.

Cons

The pros is what keeps you blinded in the beginning it's like when the government sensationalized Ebola and then whoa what's really going on. Training to the floor is not seamless you never get to shadow anyone. Training does not give you all the tools you need and then you have to ramp up in 2 weeks. No communication between training departments and sales floor management. Everything is scripted to the point that gatekeepers will tell you what your going to say. Do not expect to have any ramp up time or work life balance.

Need to rethink training - have your new employees shadow senior reps.

I love my job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work with smart, fun and interesting people who believe in our mission and work to create and innovate. We get things done, and we have fun doing it. I've had an incredible amount of opportunity here. I love the challenge of being at a company that has to move fast to stay on top of the industry, and I love the environment I get to do that in. I know it sounds cheesy, but I really love my job.

Cons

No 401K match, and some of the craziness that comes with a company growing as fast as Yodle.

When things are evolving this rapidly, be sure to check in about goals, tasks and tools.

Great company

Current Employee - Marketing Essentials in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Essentials in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunch, great people,and great managers who are always willing to help out and lots of fun.Lots of recognition is always given out on a daily basis.

Cons

Training department needs a little more improvement.The training classrooms are way too large and not enough attention is being focused on and given to struggling representatives. And not enough training classes are being offered to struggling representatives.

Breakdown training/new hire classes into smaller groups for more one on one time with trainers. Give new hire employees daily assessments over each daily lesson they must pass and complete each day before moving forward to insure that each representative is understanding the concept of the job and what their daily expectations consist of before moving forward.