Yodle Reviews

239 reviews filtered by
3.3
Yodle CEO Court Cunningham
Court Cunningham

Pros
  • Free lunch, two beer limit happy hour every Friday, ping pong table (in 30 reviews)

• great work environment, everyone is helpful towards your goals (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to take time off without having saved up a lot of money as vacation hurts your paycheck severely because of low base salary (in 11 reviews)

• Low base but truly it is a commission life we choose (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Simply put, phenomenal

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tons of perks, and work incentives, and holy COW so much money to be made.

Cons

It's a job cold-calling, which is not notoriously fun to do.

Keep being awesome. If you wanted to bump base salary, that'd be pretty cool, but honestly, the commission percentages already rock.

2. I learned a lot of invaluable information about sales.

I have been working at Yodle

Pros

Very rewarding. Commission structure is very lucrative.

Cons

They say that challenging authority is welcomed. But its really not. They are not transparent with employees. The turnover rate amongst employees is deplorable. Very stressful. Working everyday in fear.

Figure out a way to cut down high turnover amongst employees.

3. Toxic environment unless you're very young

Former Employee - Designer
    Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Yodle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun culture if you're just out of college and like nerf guns and beer. Good place to get experience. Decent pay if you're salaried.

Cons

If you work on the product and marketing team, it's often a mess, and people's egos get in the way of truly doing good work. There are a few good people in there, but more often than not, you spend your day dealing with self proclaimed "specialists" who use a lot of marketing and technology buzz words but really just aren't very skilled.

Invest in your product. You can't just focus on sales forever.

5. Sales Representative

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Phenomenal training
    -Amazing office culture
    -High energy

Cons

The job. Inside sales is not something I'd done before. It takes an incredible amount of determination and "stick-to-it-tiveness." Getting cussed out and hung up on was humorous at first, but it quickly wore on me.

6. Great for a first sales job..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Yodle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Culture.
    Amazing contests!
    Amazing payout

If you are right out of college looking for sales 101 this is the job for you. I had so much fun and learned a lot in terms of beginning sales skills. if you are old school and looking for the ability to hone in on your consultative sales skills... move on. Very rewarding for a new and up in coming sales professional... not for the faint of heart!

Cons

Super low base.( high Pay out) work hard and you can absolutely make sweet money here.
    Robotic procedure. But efficient.
    High Rejection rate. Apply if you have guts.. if you don't go find a cushy job.

I don't think this would do anything... Hint. Hint.

7. Stop the endless rallies, meetings and dumb mandatory meetings.

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work when you actually get to work.

Cons

Too much time spent on attending Town Hall, Bi-Monthly, Trimester, Quarterly, Cheer leading for nothing meetings. We are understaffed and being drug away from WORK to watch this boring junk, then getting back to a HUGE BACKLOG of work -it's insane.

Stop the pep rallies, make employees accountable for meeting fair workloads rather than being allowed to dump work on other offices because they are too lazy to do the work themselves.

8. Fast paced, highly energetic, LOTS of money to be made!!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yodle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very fun atmosphere, positive energy amongst most peers, you can honestly make $4000-$5000 paychecks every two weeks once you finally "figure it out"...

Cons

Company growing so fast in Scottsdale, AZ that top sales representatives are beening put into management positions with no "management experience" which hurts team and individual performance when you need help because they have never managed a team before and don't know how to demonstate effective and/or productive coaching to a team with a variety of personalities

Create a stronger management development program to help mold top sales representatives into stronger leaders of future Yodle sales teams

Boiler Room meets Wolf of Wall Street

Current Employee - New York in New York, NY
    Current Employee - New York in New York, NY

I have been working at Yodle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great cold-calling and phone sales training

Cons

Micromanaged like a hawk. Base salary is meager, so in weeks where you don't sell, you make next-to-nothing. Prospects already called 10+ by other Yodle reps.

Take on less salespeople and increase the base salary so you can provide more one-on-one training to the reps.

Loved my coworkers, job not so much.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Yodle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some amazing people who work for these guys... Smart, creative and funny. The culture is a work hard, play hard kinda feel which is cool to see in the 00's.

Cons

The product is broken. Results are over promised and often under delivered. It's not the best solution for different client segments, regardless of possible work abounds or other shady ideas.

Fix your product. Drop the sell or die mentality. Keep offering the flex PTO, keep people smiling. Stop offering SEO - you don't have the capacity to do it.

HARD WORK and the ability to trust will Pay Off

Current Employee - Account Managet/Inside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yodle

Pros

Excellent atmosphere; yes, there are snacks and food, but for me that's minor. Comradarie among your peers. Competitive, in a good way. Transparent about their metrics and what's expected of you; there are few surprises. 8-5 M-F. Commission from the starting gate, and the potential for great money.... if you work HARD. And I mean hard. Nice training, and excellent feedback at every turn.

Cons

It's a grind. It can be frustrating and at times demoralizing. How you interpret this depends on the type of person you are. I tend to be a "brush your shoulder off" type of person, and every potential new client is an obstacle to overcome and a chance for learning and growth. If you're easily discouraged or disengage at the first sign of any pushback, look elsewhere. Health ins a bit high, but good coverage. No 401k match, but I go the rothIRA route anyway...

I think overall management is consistently supportive and thoughtful. There could be a bit more cooperation/transparency between the different offices around the country. Taken as a whole, 4.5 for management.