Yodle Reviews

245 reviews filtered by
3.2
Yodle CEO Court Cunningham
Court Cunningham

Pros
  • Free lunch, two beer limit happy hour every Friday, ping pong table (in 30 reviews)

• great work environment, everyone is helpful towards your goals (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to take time off without having saved up a lot of money as vacation hurts your paycheck severely because of low base salary (in 11 reviews)

• Low base but truly it is a commission life we choose (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Simply put, phenomenal

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tons of perks, and work incentives, and holy COW so much money to be made.

Cons

It's a job cold-calling, which is not notoriously fun to do.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome. If you wanted to bump base salary, that'd be pretty cool, but honestly, the commission percentages already rock.

2. Best company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yodle

Pros

Thorough training process which is 30 days of on the job training, in which you are very likely to make money, mixed with class time. Trainers are only allowed to be trainers if they were successful sellers. They are sincerely dedicated to individual growth. They don't only care about graduating a big class, they want you to succeed.

Continuous growth with this company is very easy if you are willing to learn. Management (the managers are not untouchable here) cares about you individually and will come in early / stay late to help you succeed. Just like the training managers, team managers had to have great success selling before they were promoted (your manager will know what he's doing and what your work entails).

The process continues with upper management. This company always promotes within and promote the best candidate for the job.

If you are willing to work hard AND LEARN, while following Yodle's sales process, you will make a lot of money here. I remember wondering if I could close a deal every now and then. Looking back, I am so glad I found this job.

Free snacks / soda all day long.
    Wednesday = hump day training (free food for attending) in which you can develop your skills.
    This company does care about you and will invest as much in you and you invest in you.

Continuous improvement after

Cons

Let's call the elephant in the room out here.... Cold calling isn't very fun. Whether you've been sucecssful in sales or haven't sold anything, If you're willing to cold call and follow the process then you can make some great money here.

If you are looking for a job just for hourly wages, don't come here you won't last. If you aren't coach-able or don't have a strong work ethic, don't come here you won't make money.

But if you're like I was before I took this job, eager to learn and ready to make money, but debating if you can handle a sales job.... This is it, I'm not making this up for a good review or star rating, I'd share Yodle with anyone it's that great.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love my life, job and thanks for everything!

3. Loved being a part of the growth of this company

Former Employee - Client Services Manager
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager

I worked at Yodle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast growth, smart exec leaders, lots of internal promotions, supportive co-workers.

Cons

Local search is a tough, competitive industry. Getting to the "right" answer to solve problems for clients is difficult.

Advice to Management

Great job! Continue to set a high bar for performance.

5. Great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Yodle (more than a year)

Pros

A very streamlined sales process. Pretty good environment. The commission is decent.

Cons

The decent commission is balanced out by the fact that sales can't happen every three hours. So the way around this is to make sure your sales are large enough.

Advice to Management

More emphasis on explaining how the field of sales works.

6. Very forward thinking management that cares about their employees and focuses on client satisfaction.

I have been working at Yodle

Pros

Good pay, good benefits and fun work environment.

Cons

No matching 401k, would be nice to finally have this as a benefit.

Fantastic culture that lives the work hard/play hard mentality.

Current Employee - Human Resources Site Leader in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Site Leader in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yodle

Pros

Yodle is very fast paced, so if you are looking for new challenges and opportunities- you will get them here. I have never worked with such smart and caring people before, and they push me through their own work ethic to be my best. The company values are not just written on the wall, they are used every day (coaching, promotions, spot bonus, awards, etc.).

Other Pros: free snacks and drinks, spot bonus, fun & energetic work environment, company events (kickball, happy hour, volunteering, trivia, etc.), ability to move up in the company, game room, work/life balance, amazing co-workers.

Cons

I have not found one yet! I researched Yodle for 2 years before I applied to work in the Scottsdale location, and I love the work hard/play hard mentality here.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within- we love it!

Great place to work!

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- friendly atmosphere
    - reward top performers
    - push you to succeed in a fast paced environment

Cons

- no 401k Match
    - NY office space is pretty tight ---- we share with a cooking school!

Advice to Management

401k Match!

9. Awesome Company to Work For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yodle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. The culture and environment are both amazing.
    - Young, energetic, fun employees
    - Casual dress
    - Air Hockey, Ping Pong, Video games, etc.

Everyone really cares about making the company better and the employees are highly motivated. You get to work with other like-minded, intelligent people. Unlimited days off and plenty of company events.

Cons

Pay is a bit on the lower side, but the benefits and everything else are great.

10. Growing company, lots to learn, super fun(!)

Current Employee - Marketing Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Yodle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Every morning, I am truly excited to get in the office and work alongside such smart, talented individuals. The opportunities Yodle has given me for personal growth, as well as professional growth – whether learning new analysis tools or pursuing strategic initiatives to help build our customer’s success – have been incredibly exciting, and the shared values across the company make for a very fun, motivating work environment.

Cons

Because of the fast-growing database and expanding product offerings, the company is constantly iterating on different tools for analysis, which for me (a product analyst) can mean taking on lots of new tools (i.e. coding languages, visualization techniques, etc.). Learning curve can be sharp, but very rewarding work to stick with.

Advice to Management

Continue focus on Essentials, work to embed product offerings in our client's day-to-day operations (i.e. email marketing, special offers); continue transparent communication.

11. Sale Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun environment. Good guidance and support from the management and director level. Extremely favorable commission structure. Everyone is a genuinely good person. Spectacular for developing a career and quickly moving into management. You learn a lot about SMBs and how to sell and cold call.

Top performers have the opportunity to meet the high level executives.

Cons

Hard to take time off without having saved up a lot of money as vacation hurts your paycheck severely because of low base salary. Its a hard job and its not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Match 401k.