Yodle Reviews

251 reviews filtered by
3.2
Yodle CEO Court Cunningham
Court Cunningham

Pros
  • Free lunch, two beer limit happy hour every Friday, ping pong table (in 30 reviews)

• great work environment, everyone is helpful towards your goals (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to take time off without having saved up a lot of money as vacation hurts your paycheck severely because of low base salary (in 11 reviews)

• Low base but truly it is a commission life we choose (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Simply put, phenomenal

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons of perks, and work incentives, and holy COW so much money to be made.

Cons

It's a job cold-calling, which is not notoriously fun to do.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome. If you wanted to bump base salary, that'd be pretty cool, but honestly, the commission percentages already rock.

2. All Management Cares About is Money

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle (Less than a year)

Pros

There's free lunch I guess.

Cons

The management is convoluted and only lauds money, nothing else. They treat their sales people that do the sales like trash, and believe that making people compete is the way to get people motivated. This fosters an environment of bitter rivalry and a treatment of the customer like a machine that you can insert a few pretty words into and get money out of. In real sales you foster positive relations with your customers and value that over making the sale. This is not how sales work. This is a bunch of low life business men, attaching puppet strings to a bunch of other low lives given a false sense of superiority. They hire young or struggling people that they think they can manipulate into believing money is the only important thing in the world.

Advice to Management

Get a moral compass. Learn to foster relations with your employees and your customers or you will collapse in on yourselves.

3. Human Resources

Current Employee - Human Resources in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Yodle is by far the most energetic, fun, hard-working and culture-driven environment I have ever worked in or witnessed! It's great to see so many positive people collaborating together and making the workplace such an engaging place, and to ultimately drive amazing results. The engagement activities, complementary lunches and happy hours, and outstanding values (that are ACTUALLY valued), set Yodle apart from any company. I've truly never loved coming to work as much as I do now, and I am eager to see what the future holds for me here, as I am confident that this will be a successful long-term career for me.

Cons

If loud music, popcorn machines, games, and Nerf guns aren't your style, then Yodle might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Currently, no advice necessary. However, as opportunities arise, I will voice my opinion, as I know this is encouraged and appreciated for all employees at any level.

5. Extremely Satisfied

I have been working at Yodle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to work with other like minded indvidiuals that appreciate thoughtful smart approaches to getting work done as well as having a good time while doing it! Change is constant, and that keeps me on my toes. I learn new things every week. CEO and most executives are very approachable and want to hear from employees on how to make the company and its products better. I feel a part of a really exciting progressive organization that is doing great things for small businesses.

Cons

Change can bring uncertainty, but it can also challenge you to step up and lead. Compared to other companies, I don't see a lot of downside here.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people and product. Balance is a good thing.

6. Software Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle

Pros

Good way to break into software sales, try for a high energy environment, future forward company and some great leadership.

Cons

Use a technique they term 'parroting' which is where they jump onto your call and you are expected to be a bird repeating their words without following the conversation. Managers who are poor at teaching, being helpful, or caring about others. Meetings are excessive at times.

Advice to Management

Structure your feedback, don't just jump into every call. Energy is important but it doesn't mean dancing around the bay and getting in people's faces. Be respectful, it's a great way to get people to want to continue to work for you.

Good people, wrong job.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yodle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here will become long-term friends, pay is great.

Cons

Work is tedious, total game of chance.

Advice to Management

Maybe you shouldn't fire some people because of their win.

8. Best company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yodle

Pros

Thorough training process which is 30 days of on the job training, in which you are very likely to make money, mixed with class time. Trainers are only allowed to be trainers if they were successful sellers. They are sincerely dedicated to individual growth. They don't only care about graduating a big class, they want you to succeed.

Continuous growth with this company is very easy if you are willing to learn. Management (the managers are not untouchable here) cares about you individually and will come in early / stay late to help you succeed. Just like the training managers, team managers had to have great success selling before they were promoted (your manager will know what he's doing and what your work entails).

The process continues with upper management. This company always promotes within and promote the best candidate for the job.

If you are willing to work hard AND LEARN, while following Yodle's sales process, you will make a lot of money here. I remember wondering if I could close a deal every now and then. Looking back, I am so glad I found this job.

Free snacks / soda all day long.
    Wednesday = hump day training (free food for attending) in which you can develop your skills.
    This company does care about you and will invest as much in you and you invest in you.

Continuous improvement after

Cons

Let's call the elephant in the room out here.... Cold calling isn't very fun. Whether you've been sucecssful in sales or haven't sold anything, If you're willing to cold call and follow the process then you can make some great money here.

If you are looking for a job just for hourly wages, don't come here you won't last. If you aren't coach-able or don't have a strong work ethic, don't come here you won't make money.

But if you're like I was before I took this job, eager to learn and ready to make money, but debating if you can handle a sales job.... This is it, I'm not making this up for a good review or star rating, I'd share Yodle with anyone it's that great.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love my life, job and thanks for everything!

Don't buy into their BS

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Yodle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, the allusion of making a lot of money

Cons

Consumes your life, no chance for success or growth, everyone gets fired or leaves cause they smell the fish, there were 17 people in my November 2014 training class. By March 2015 there were 5 left of the 17. They hire you to fire you. Don't waste your time here.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with your employees, let them know that they have a greater chance of failing then succeeding here.

10. Loved being a part of the growth of this company

Former Employee - Client Services Manager
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager

I worked at Yodle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growth, smart exec leaders, lots of internal promotions, supportive co-workers.

Cons

Local search is a tough, competitive industry. Getting to the "right" answer to solve problems for clients is difficult.

Advice to Management

Great job! Continue to set a high bar for performance.

Finally a place where I can be myself and benefit from my hardwork ethic.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yodle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment, I'm a big fan of the dress code as well. Hours are great it's been years since I've had weekends off and been able to enjoy life. Great people, great management and a place to grow.

Cons

Sometimes the work environment can be loud and distracting but it's part of the fun we have. Also being that I live in a different part of town traffic is terrible and I suggest you find a carpool.

Advice to Management

Healthier snacks and drinks rather than the soda and coffee. With the company expansion it's time for better meeting rooms equipped with chairs and a table for everyone.