Yoh

Updated July 26, 2014

2.9

Yoh President Lori Schultz
Lori Schultz

Pros
  • Work/Life balance, management support, good pay, great colleagues (in 4 reviews)

• Very Friendly and personable recruiters who will definitely find something for you where ever possible (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • It made the job hell and never allowed for a work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Good place to work, but there is a lack of communication between employer and employees (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

The experiance at Yoh was nothing less than great.

Current Employee - Assembly  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Assembly in Rochester, NY

Pros

Recruiters that treat you as individuals. Knowledgeable people that do not make mistakes. Very respectable and professional .

Cons

none to speak of that I can think of

Keep up the great work.

Lesson learned...contracting companies usually suck and this one does, big time

Pros

They are the ONLY way into a large gaming company in foster city.

Cons

No one in the company likes working with them. They lowballed me, which i thought with overtime i could make it up, but they backtracked as soon as i walked in. Had issues off the bat with the client, "work from home but don't tell anyone" and the next week "stay in the office" and sent someone looking for me. I'm glad my time was short but Yoh super sucked, fought me on expense reports, travel, tried to say the client was wrong in promising me comp time. What a mess!

Two thumbs down experience for HR contract in upstate NY.

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Schenectady, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Schenectady, NY

Pros

Great opportunity as a contractor to gain exposure and have some inside knowledge on how the day to day operations work at fortune 500 companies that Yoh supports

Cons

Poor Management: they are largely absent and then wonder why operations fail to run smoother.

Unprofessional Environment: I worked in HR supporting GE as the client and eventually ended up resigning partially due to the work environment. Many people were hired because they were best friends with a current employee, or even worse related to management somehow. Ultimately, this created unnecessary drama within the workplace as well as displayed favoritism.

Lack of Knowledge: Management displays an alarming lack of knowledge regarding policies and procedures for the client. Given, us as contractors, are supposed to be the "subject matter experts" for the departments we support, it is shocking that management rarely knows the answer to any questions brought up by workers.

Lack of Structure: Training is almost nonexistent within the HR group I worked in. Any new employees would basically be shuffled between 4 or 5 different current employees to shadow for less than a week. This would often leave new employees confused due to items being explained differently by each individual. This would then result in a group arguing over who is right. Training binders or reference binders would never be updated; this results in a non uniform work environment and multiple items being out of compliance.

Hard Work Goes Unnoticed: More times than not, since you are working in a team environment, you will pick up the slack for your lazy and unmotivated coworkers. While your coworkers are updating their Facebook statuses and talking about getting wasted over the weekend, you are the one helping out when items don't make SLA.

Status Matters: It doesn't matter if you have a higher education, more experience, or even an outstanding work ethic; you will never move up if you are not a good friend or relative of management.

Compensation: Raises are non-existent. Negotiate wisely if you are being offered a job with them because you will be sticking to that salary for a long time coming. You will be doing the same work as someone else and they will try to low ball you for dollars less.

Get your act together. I can see why good talent walks in and out the door. Between inadequate compensation and the family reunion happening in each cubicle I now understand why this is such a terrible and trying workplace.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run the other direction!!!

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Interesting clients, could be a strong business model, attracts hardworking employees who will give there best, coast to coast opportunities.

Cons

*Yoh HR & Leadership does not listen to employees, especially when many legal issues were brought to the attention of HR & Leadership about several areas: performance reviews, bullying in the workplace and the workload being so out of balance.

Open your eyes up leadership, pull back the layers and look at what is going on when you have high turnover and strong employees leave, especially employees who were key to keeping clients happy and work moving. HR did not even conduct an exit interview when I left, they did not care to know why I was leaving.

Mostly positive work environment

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Work/Life balance, management support, good pay, great colleagues.

Cons

Cons are these are contract positions and another is need better technology

none at this time

Will never work there again

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

Pros

Helping clients achieve their recruiting goals and clients appreciate your hard work

Cons

Working for Yoh was a nightmare. I started my 5+ year stint in recruiting and worked my way up the ladder. I was assigned to one of Yoh's largest clients, but our Yoh manager and the client butted heads. It made the job hell and never allowed for a work-life balance. I loved my clients and loved working for them, but the Yoh management team above me made my job miserable.

Get rid of your senior management and start over.

Employed as contracted HR to General Electric

Former Employee - Human Resources Staffing  in  Schenectady, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Staffing in Schenectady, NY

Pros

Awesome expereince getting to work inside GE. They're good to help get you into a company you might otherwise not had the expereince to access.

Cons

YOH HR Solutions the branch I worked for, was what you didn't want from an employer, they were petty, had lackluster immature management who were largely absent and didn’t support their employees, there was no room for advancement, placement decisions were made without any real consideration to seniority, experience, or education, and people were using the agency to hook up their buddies. It was a huge turn off. I would never professional work for them. They're great as a stepping stone, but step off them as fast as you can.

Educate your staff on professionalism, and that's all facets of it. Good employees won't work for fools.

Leave employees to the wolves, their vendor, with no support!

Pros

Opportunities within are great, good, competitive pay

Cons

Senior Management does not support staff at vendor facilities, specifically GE, HORRIBLE vendor to work for!

Good colleagues.

Current Employee - Corporate Support  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Corporate Support in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

The other people are the best reason to work there. Most of the employees are invested in doing well and helping others succeed also. Compensation and benefits are good for support staff and successful sales staff.

Cons

Leadership needs to be more focused on communicating expectations and procedures. Training for new employees needs to be improved (apparently that is being worked on). There needs to be clearer career paths.

New employees need more training and orientation with regard to who to go to with various questions about back-office/support functions. Advancement opportunities should be made clearer. Market focus needs to be clearer (though it has gotten better).

Very good Staffing Company

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Universal City, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Universal City, CA

Pros

The company was fairly quick - like a week - to get me set up as an employee, and very responsive to any problems that popped up.

Cons

It's a Staffing company so as a contractor it doesn't necessarily offer the perks of a regular company.

Worked for Yoh? Contribute to the Community!