Yoh Reviews

Updated October 22, 2014
2.7

Yoh President Anthony Bosco
Anthony Bosco

Pros
  • Work/Life balance, management support, good pay, great colleagues (in 5 reviews)

• Flex ible on your work schedule (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • It made the job hell and never allowed for a work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• A contract worker is left in the dark (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

very nice people to work with

Former Employee - Assembly in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Assembly in Rochester, NY

I worked at Yoh full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professional, intelligent, good pay and always looking out for their contractors.

Cons

temporary, no benefits to speak of, and no paid time off.

Hire more people like Althea and Patty . They were very good at what they do and very cordial also.(Rochester, NY office)

Worst job shop i've ever used in 20+ years of contracting

Current Employee - Structural Design Engineer in Santa Maria, CA
    Current Employee - Structural Design Engineer in Santa Maria, CA

I have been working at Yoh as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There is nothing positive about working for this useless good for nothing job shop. Use ANYONE else!

Cons

Poor support from the beginning. refuse to pay max pd split, benifits are crap. terrible group health plans, organizationa skills are non-existant. Had to tell them how to do their jobs several times and ask for things like a w-4 over and ove again
    Do yourself a favor and pick another shop, if at all possible.

Look at the hundereds of other job shops that are doing it right and just follow along!

It's all about number

I have been working at Yoh full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

they have many product offerings to address client needs which many staffing companies can't provide. You're fellow workers are great to work with.

Cons

It's a high stress work place and numbers are all that's important. if you're hitting the KPI's you'll be fine but if not it's over with. They try to be communicative and I wonder where they get the ideas of what direction to take. They like to push contest after contest but rewards are so minimal so what the point.

Learn to value your workers better and be more supportive and give more guidance in the tough times.

Temp for Pharmaceutical Company

I worked at Yoh as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Swift hiring process with decent wage

Cons

Lack on feedback throughout assignment. If contracted for more then a year, No ability to get a raise regardless of increased responsibility.

Follow up on assignment to assure that contracted employee role has remained the same. YOH and the employee are losing money!

Lesson learned...contracting companies usually suck and this one does, big time

I worked at Yoh as a contractor

Pros

They are the ONLY way into a large gaming company in foster city.

Cons

No one in the company likes working with them. They lowballed me, which i thought with overtime i could make it up, but they backtracked as soon as i walked in. Had issues off the bat with the client, "work from home but don't tell anyone" and the next week "stay in the office" and sent someone looking for me. I'm glad my time was short but Yoh super sucked, fought me on expense reports, travel, tried to say the client was wrong in promising me comp time. What a mess!

Run the other direction!!!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Yoh full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting clients, could be a strong business model, attracts hardworking employees who will give there best, coast to coast opportunities.

Cons

*Yoh HR & Leadership does not listen to employees, especially when many legal issues were brought to the attention of HR & Leadership about several areas: performance reviews, bullying in the workplace and the workload being so out of balance.

Open your eyes up leadership, pull back the layers and look at what is going on when you have high turnover and strong employees leave, especially employees who were key to keeping clients happy and work moving. HR did not even conduct an exit interview when I left, they did not care to know why I was leaving.

Two thumbs down experience for HR contract in upstate NY.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Schenectady, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Schenectady, NY

I worked at Yoh full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity as a contractor to gain exposure and have some inside knowledge on how the day to day operations work at fortune 500 companies that Yoh supports

Cons

Poor Management: they are largely absent and then wonder why operations fail to run smoother.

Unprofessional Environment: I worked in HR supporting GE as the client and eventually ended up resigning partially due to the work environment. Many people were hired because they were best friends with a current employee, or even worse related to management somehow. Ultimately, this created unnecessary drama within the workplace as well as displayed favoritism.

Lack of Knowledge: Management displays an alarming lack of knowledge regarding policies and procedures for the client. Given, us as contractors, are supposed to be the "subject matter experts" for the departments we support, it is shocking that management rarely knows the answer to any questions brought up by workers.

Lack of Structure: Training is almost nonexistent within the HR group I worked in. Any new employees would basically be shuffled between 4 or 5 different current employees to shadow for less than a week. This would often leave new employees confused due to items being explained differently by each individual. This would then result in a group arguing over who is right. Training binders or reference binders would never be updated; this results in a non uniform work environment and multiple items being out of compliance.

Hard Work Goes Unnoticed: More times than not, since you are working in a team environment, you will pick up the slack for your lazy and unmotivated coworkers. While your coworkers are updating their Facebook statuses and talking about getting wasted over the weekend, you are the one helping out when items don't make SLA.

Status Matters: It doesn't matter if you have a higher education, more experience, or even an outstanding work ethic; you will never move up if you are not a good friend or relative of management.

Compensation: Raises are non-existent. Negotiate wisely if you are being offered a job with them because you will be sticking to that salary for a long time coming. You will be doing the same work as someone else and they will try to low ball you for dollars less.

Get your act together. I can see why good talent walks in and out the door. Between inadequate compensation and the family reunion happening in each cubicle I now understand why this is such a terrible and trying workplace.

Mostly positive work environment

Former Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Yoh full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance, management support, good pay, great colleagues.

Cons

Cons are these are contract positions and another is need better technology

none at this time

Will never work there again

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Yoh full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping clients achieve their recruiting goals and clients appreciate your hard work

Cons

Working for Yoh was a nightmare. I started my 5+ year stint in recruiting and worked my way up the ladder. I was assigned to one of Yoh's largest clients, but our Yoh manager and the client butted heads. It made the job hell and never allowed for a work-life balance. I loved my clients and loved working for them, but the Yoh management team above me made my job miserable.

Get rid of your senior management and start over.

Employed as contracted HR to General Electric

Former Employee - Human Resources Staffing in Schenectady, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Staffing in Schenectady, NY

I worked at Yoh full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome expereince getting to work inside GE. They're good to help get you into a company you might otherwise not had the expereince to access.

Cons

YOH HR Solutions the branch I worked for, was what you didn't want from an employer, they were petty, had lackluster immature management who were largely absent and didn’t support their employees, there was no room for advancement, placement decisions were made without any real consideration to seniority, experience, or education, and people were using the agency to hook up their buddies. It was a huge turn off. I would never professional work for them. They're great as a stepping stone, but step off them as fast as you can.

Educate your staff on professionalism, and that's all facets of it. Good employees won't work for fools.