Yorkshire Building Society Reviews

Reset
3.2
Iain C. A. Cornish

1. Mortgage Collections and recoveries

Current Employee - Mortgage Account Manager in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I have been working at Yorkshire Building Society part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I would say this is truly amazing company to work for! And I am dead serious! Great benefits, lovely people and this is really great employer to work for!

Cons

Salary is way too low for the job.

Advice to Management

Please be more aware of procedures and policies as you do rely on human resources way too much. Get more managerial training - otherwise you all are brilliant and great people too!

Business Analyst

I worked at Yorkshire Building Society full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Local, honest, community driven, financial

Cons

micro management, inflexible, old school

Advice to Management

Think of the little man. They keep the business ticking over.

3. Great place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I have been working at Yorkshire Building Society full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic people, really friendly and you do feel that you work for a mutual. Definitlley being a building society is a big plus, and really proud of the business for coming through the financial crisis stronger than most.

Cons

Work load really high due to sucesssion of mergers and sometimes you feel like your chasing your tail and not making headway. This causes frustration across the business. Fragmented communication can be an issue not just trying to work cross functionally but also within my department. A lot of change is taking place which does mean that things are slightly unsure, I am trusting the business to do the right thing as they haven't let me down as yet.

Advice to Management

The business needs to be structured in a way that allows staff to make a difference and offer the best for our customer.

They used to be fair and fun, but the new management are too big for their boots

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Pros

Reasonable salaries and benefits. Nice coffee in the canteen.

Cons

Crap location, miles out of town, with nothing to do at lunchtime. OK if you travel to work via the motorway (M62), but not if you have to drive home via Bradford centre.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, and stop growing so fast. All the fun is disappearing as acquisition after acquisition is chased. It's not fun to work there any more.

6. I worked at Yorkshire Building Society full-time

(Translated from English)

Pros

Le programme de stage vous prépare aux examens du CIMA

Trainee programme takes you through CIMA exams

Cons

Une fois le programme du CIMA terminé (environ trois ans), le salaire n'est que de 29 000 £

Upon completion of CIMA programme (roughly 3 years) the salary will only be £29,000

Advice to Management

Augmentez le salaire de base pour attirer les meilleurs employés

Increase the base pay being offered to attract the best employees

RSS Feed </> Embed