Yorkshire Building Society

Be The First To
Add Photos

Iain C. A. Cornish

Great place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

ProsFantastic people, really friendly and you do feel that you work for a mutual. Definitlley being a building society is a big plus, and really proud of the business for coming through the financial crisis stronger than most.

ConsWork load really high due to sucesssion of mergers and sometimes you feel like your chasing your tail and not making headway. This causes frustration across the business. Fragmented communication can be an issue not just trying to work cross functionally but also within my department. A lot of change is taking place which does mean that things are slightly unsure, I am trusting the business to do the right thing as they haven't let me down as yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe business needs to be structured in a way that allows staff to make a difference and offer the best for our customer.

Graduate Trainee Accountant salary well below the UK market rate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTrainee programme takes you through CIMA exams

ConsUpon completion of CIMA programme (roughly 3 years) the salary will only be £29,000

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the base pay being offered to attract the best employees

They used to be fair and fun, but the new management are too big for their boots

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

ProsReasonable salaries and benefits.
    Nice coffee in the canteen.

ConsCrap location, miles out of town, with nothing to do at lunchtime. OK if you travel to work via the motorway (M62), but not if you have to drive home via Bradford centre.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff, and stop growing so fast. All the fun is disappearing as acquisition after acquisition is chased. It's not fun to work there any more.

Worked for Yorkshire Building Society? Contribute to the Community!